Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No need to shoot yourself, it's not that bad.

Personally, if we get Zeqiri, I am now quite happy with the squad we have. Although any further squad building is always of interest.

Not sure how getting Zeqiri in for the U23s and a loan out in January is going to help the squad, but if it stops people going on and on - and on and on and on - about how we're going to sink without trace without a new striker, I'm in.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Not sure how getting Zeqiri in for the U23s and a loan out in January is going to help the squad, but if it stops people going on and on - and on and on and on - about how we're going to sink without trace without a new striker, I'm in.

I guess it frees up space for Gyokeres to be NOT GOOD ENOUGH in the first team squad...?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because as well as being here in the U23s he is available as 3rd/4th choice for the first team. Which is what pleases me with this transfer.

The reason they are saying U23s is to take the pressure off him when he arrives, and to lower the expectation.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Seems as if we are after players with pace. We are favourites to take Sessengon from Spurs and allegedly after Dan James on loan. Maybe an old fashioned centre forward was never on the wish list, or it's a smoke screen to take a punt on a target at the end of the window once other teams have moved on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because as well as being here in the U23s he is available as 3rd/4th choice for the first team. Which is what pleases me with this transfer.

The reason they are saying U23s is to take the pressure off him when he arrives, and to lower the expectation.

Whose expectations are being lowered? Did anybody really think he was coming in as third choice striker - ahead of who? Jahanbakhsh, Gyokeres, Cashman?
Hope he does well in the U23s, and that we get him a good loan (to an EFL club) in January.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whose expectations are being lowered? Did anybody really think he was coming in as third choice striker - ahead of who? Jahanbakhsh, Gyokeres, Cashman?
Hope he does well in the U23s, and that we get him a good loan (to an EFL club) in January.
Yes. I think he'll be our 3rd choice striker until his loan out in January coincides with Andone being fit.

Although I don't rule out another striker coming in but maybe in the football league transfer window or maybe a loan.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes. I think he'll be our 3rd choice striker until his loan out in January coincides with Andone being fit.

Although I don't rule out another striker coming in but maybe in the football league transfer window or maybe a loan.

Have to wait on other transfers to fall into place.

As soon as Palace finalise Brewster, we can get Benteke!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Swiss second division to PL in one bound - okey dokey. Swiss U21 international ahead of two full internationals, one with PL experience ............. hmm.I think we'll be getting just what we expect to get, nothing more - and good luck to him!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
People may laugh but I think Benteke would fit right into our team giving us that important second option!

PwJOZrO.gif

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
People may laugh but I think Benteke would fit right into our team giving us that important second option!

Yes, I’m laughing, people will laugh. Probably Benteke too for thinking what mugs we are.

Thank goodness some of you lot aren’t in charge of the club!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Yes, I’m laughing, people will laugh. Probably Benteke too for thinking what mugs we are.

Thank goodness some of you lot aren’t in charge of the club!

Glad you aren't either to be fair.. it is my opinion. I am normally always right too for what its worth!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Glad you aren't either to be fair.. it is my opinion. I am normally always right too for what its worth!

just look at the join date and the post count.....don't get dragged down by the whoppers , we would just need benteke be in a wheelie bin with the lid open and some slots for his arms , we might need some dispensation from the f.a but they owe us after the utd debacle ....50/50

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here