Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Probably because it’s quite accurate for children such as yourself

Wow! You may love lamp but you truly are representing your posting name by being so dim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
With all due respect. The club leadership have said they want top 10. This is currently looking like a laughable ambition. If we want another relegation scrap we are going the right way about it.

Great. Always funny when people put with all due respect.

As I said earlier, I wanted us to have a striker by now and am surprised we let Murray go without a replacement lined up. However, you do panic every year and say we are bound to go down when we don't get our signings and we have stayed up last three seasons.

The top ten comment was a long term aim. Not for this season

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why get personal? Childish because I don’t agree with you. You are actually the one being obnoxious and demonstrating limited intelligence.

Because I personally find you obnoxious.

As for my intelligence being limited: most likely, I am a living organism.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Look, I’m sure in an ideal world we’d all prefer to have every single bit of business done in the first weeks of the window.

It isn’t as simple as that. This is not FIFA.

It’s different for clubs like City and Chelsea who have more pulling power and can blow everyone away with salary and fees to get a deal done quickly. We’re not in that market unfortunately.

And it’s not just us, ask Newcastle, Burnley, Spurs, Arsenal if they’re happy with their business so far.

Deals will go all the way to the deadline. As we get closer agents and clubs will be more able to settle on numbers as they will want business concluded. I suspect we’re still shopping our players around as well (AJ and others*).

Let’s judge the clubs business at the end of the window.

Exactly this. Calling out the club’s activity (or what little we actually know about) as ‘shocking’ is beyond pathetic at this stage.

Waaaaa waaaa I want a STRIKER signed and I want one NOW [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Great. Always funny when people put with all due respect.

As I said earlier, I wanted us to have a striker by now and am surprised we let Murray go without a replacement lined up. However, you do panic every year and say we are bound to go down when we don't get our signings and we have stayed up last three seasons.

The top ten comment was a long term aim. Not for this season

Fair point. A long term aim. But we are so close.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Because I personally find you obnoxious.

As for my intelligence being limited: most likely, I am a living organism.

Explain why I am obnoxious. I just don’t agree with you, so you stupidly called me obnoxious. Ask yourself if that makes any sense. Or is it just that you disagree, which is fair enough

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Exactly this. Calling out the club’s activity (or what little we actually know about) as ‘shocking’ is beyond pathetic at this stage.

Waaaaa waaaa I want a STRIKER signed and I want one NOW [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

I am just pointing out the club’s failure. But, perhaps unsurprisingly, criticism of our club is unacceptable to the club’s supporters. You, however, are characterising me unfairly.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I am just pointing out the club’s failure. But, perhaps unsurprisingly, criticism of our club is unacceptable to the club’s supporters. You, however, are characterising me unfairly.

you haven't failed until you've given up, a month to go yet

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Can you not understand why people are bored with you "pointing out the club's failure" every transfer window? Is there not a bit of you that can see how boring it gets when we still have about a month until the window shuts.

Ideally we'd have done business earlier but we have already made a couple of decent signings and maybe we have to accept that some business will be done late in the window when bigger clubs have completed their signings and players give up on signing for them or leave them.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
B.w.2

You should have this moan at the close of the window.

Doesn’t make sense now. Business is still being done in all clubs at all levels.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm not bored with b.w.2. In fact I enjoy his posts because he speaks for that impatient part of me that I have to quell every close season. Keep it up [MENTION=1647]b.w.2.[/MENTION]:thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

No, I don’t think so - using words like ‘shocking’ and ‘failure’ half way through the window, when you, like the rest of us, have very little clue whatsoever about what business we are trying to do, is completely unwarranted.

If you’d said you’re a bit worried, or nervous that we don’t appear to be close to a striker signing then fair enough. But ‘shocking’ and ‘failure’ ? Massively over-reacting, particularly when we did two fantastic bits of business early on, secured new contracts for Dunk and White etc.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No, I don’t think so - using words like ‘shocking’ and ‘failure’ half way through the window, when you, like the rest of us, have very little clue whatsoever about what business we are trying to do, is completely unwarranted.

If you’d said you’re a bit worried, or nervous that we don’t appear to be close to a striker signing then fair enough. But ‘shocking’ and ‘failure’ ? Massively over-reacting, particularly when we did two fantastic bits of business early on, secured new contracts for Dunk and White etc.

But, but, but...

If you ignore the player we have signed...
...and the player who have signed new contracts...
...and that there is a global pandemic that has cost the club about £30m to date and could double that over the next year

then clearly it has been a shocking failure

Bloom Out
Barber Ou
Sack the board
Potter Out

Tony Pulis’s Blue and White Army

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Same person. He just couldn't work out how to log in to his iPad so created a new account. And there is a fair chance I am not joking.

At one point I was B.W. To be fair, I think B.W.2. is a little more measured, so I stuck with him! [emoji6]

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

This. I'd have liked a striker in by now, that hasn't happened (we know the club have been trying) and I have pointed out that not signing one at all would be disastrous.

However calling anything a 'failure' or 'shocking' at this stage, when there's still several weeks left, does seem rather over the top.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
you haven't failed until you've given up, a month to go yet

Fair point. Just made it more difficult for ourselves by (a) chasing a player who clearly wanted to go somewhere else (Nunez); and; (b) letting Muzza go BEFORE we replaced him. Still, as you say, not failed yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here