Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So heading down... nice one Recruitment, and I find Potter's attitude regarding the need for new players rather weird...

Possibly reading too much into things, but watching the press conference earlier on SSN, Potter seemed to be completely disinterested in anything being asked, His body language was not encouraging,

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Possibly reading too much into things, but watching the press conference earlier on SSN, Potter seemed to be completely disinterested in anything being asked, His body language was not encouraging,

He seems like that all the time, to me. I find it a bit disappointing. I worry about ' ashen-faced tight lipped supremos'....

Regards,
Sid and Doris Bonkers

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Potter's body language generally is not his strong point - he often doesn't come across as very decisive or inspiring - and he needs to stop waving his hands about! That doesn't mean he can't be a good manager, just that he has to be judged pretty much only on results.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Potter's body language generally is not his strong point - he often doesn't come across as very decisive or inspiring - and he needs to stop waving his hands about! That doesn't mean he can't be a good manager, just that he has to be judged pretty much only on results.

The football might have been turd, but I do so miss Mr Hughton’s entertaining and informative press conferences..........

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

I am not saying we will get anyone in but the fact he hasn't just said. "No we won't be bringing anyone in" or "It's most likely going to be a quiet day tomorrow" suggest to me there is a possibility but the club just won't commit in case nothing happens. I don't think we are not trying.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Because he know's we're fuked and there's fukall he can do about it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am not saying we will get anyone in but the fact he hasn't just said. "No we won't be bringing anyone in" or "It's most likely going to be a quiet day tomorrow" suggest to me there is a possibility but the club just won't commit in case nothing happens. I don't think we are not trying.

TBH, he didn't really say anything much except 'umm' and ;err'..........................

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The football might have been turd, but I do so miss Mr Hughton’s entertaining and informative press conferences..........

Most certainly.

With Potter I have no idea even whether West Ham are a good side or not.:shrug:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

IMO he’s uncomfortable in front of cameras or microphones, just hope he’s a bit more authoritative with the players.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
And if you had 5 years and 10 months left on a PL managerial wages contract, you possibly wouldn't give a f###

Can I suggest listening to a certain Dullard's podcast - The Price of Football - as he explains that more often than not, a 5 year contract for a manager does not mean having to pay them 5 years wages when they are sacked.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can I suggest listening to a certain Dullard's podcast - The Price of Football - as he explains that more often than not, a 5 year contract for a manager does not mean having to pay them 5 years wages when they are sacked.
True, but most of us could live quite comfortably for quite a while on the percentage of that contract that he would get!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
So heading down... nice one Recruitment, and I find Potter's attitude regarding the need for new players rather weird...

To be honest, whilst we probably all want an addition or two, I find fans' simplistic attitude to transfer windows pretty ridiculous. It's almost as though finding players is a matter of looking at a menu, chucking Blooms money at it and that's it job done. We have to find a) someone better than we have b) someone within price range, c) someone who won't break our wage structure, d) someone who wants to come, e) someone who's club wants to sell to us, f) someone who is ready to play at the highest level right now g) someone who can play to our style h) someone who will be with us for the future. And of course he can also only come if his club have a replacement. Given the way we play, I would much rather see no new striker then just get a body in for the sake of it. We tried that with Locadia and that didn't work out well at all. The whining from some supporters is driving me slightly insane - thank God Bloom is a bit more level headed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here