Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure about the highest wage bill in England but I do think we had a player on a 10 year contract, Steve Foster?

I would love us to sign a decent striker but if we don’t and we do end up getting relegated I’ll be gutted. However I can think of a fan who will be far far more gutted than me and considerably out of pocket. :shrug:

I am not 100% convinced that signing a striker will mean survival any more than not signing one means relegation. Lots of twists and turns to come whatever happens or doesn’t in the last few days of the transfer window.

If we go down, it won’t be awful. As one of say 7 clubs always in the mix, it won’t be a surprise either.

TB will be only one tangibly hurt.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
If we go down, it won’t be awful. As one of say 7 clubs always in the mix, it won’t be a surprise either.

TB will be only one tangibly hurt.

Relegation would be awful for TB, Brighton (The City) and any real supporters who like being in the top league in the world..

TB has a backed this club with an awful lot of money, we get relegated and what’s to say he won’t sell up or stop investing???

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
He won't sell up, so you can rest easy on that score. What does worry me though, is that his gamble in making Potter his new manager, may fail, at least in the short term.

So perhaps Tony isn't quite as foolproof as God after all.

Know him personally do you??
At the end of the day he’s a business man and if he can see a return for his outlay only TB knows if he will take it.
We all know how lucky we are to have TB but even billionaires have their price.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Relegation would be awful for TB, Brighton (The City) and any real supporters who like being in the top league in the world..

TB has a backed this club with an awful lot of money, we get relegated and what’s to say he won’t sell up or stop investing???
I don't think he'd quit after the first bump in the road getting to his top 10 target.

Doesn't seem the type.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At the end of the day he’s a business man and if he can see a return for his outlay only TB knows if he will take it.

He has already said he wants to leave the club to his son. That doesn't sound like a man who will sell up.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Anyway, so far all we've had is a pretty non-descript transfer window.

Let's not fill the pits of doom with too much despair just yet.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyway, so far all we've had a pretty non-descript transfer window.

Let's not fill the pits of doom with too much despair just yet.

Non-existent rather than nondescript if you assume that we have only brought forward the Mooy signing from summer.

But everything we know about TB suggests that he does everything possible to make a bet less of a gamble. If he thought that a signing would guarantee another full tranche of TV money next season, he'd be making it happen. And for all we know he may be doing that even now.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He won't sell up, so you can rest easy on that score. What does worry me though, is that his gamble in making Potter his new manager, may fail, at least in the short term.

So perhaps Tony isn't quite as foolproof as God after all.

Of course he's not foolproof in the football world. He took a punt on Poyet, and got it right, took another punt on Hyypia, and got it badly wrong, just about everyone could see Hyypia was clueless and out of his depth and Bloom wanted to back him more and not sack him, before he quit..... Shows a lot of loyalty in how much Bloom wanted to help his man succeed, but also he can get it wrong (as we all do)...... Hughton another resoundingly successful choice, Potter is to soon to judge.

But it's not just the choice of manager, who can only work with what he's given, imho as many have alluded, there's been far to many expensive recruitment fails that haven't improved the squad, and yet Winstanley is still there.

For a club like ours, both recruitment and manager need to work out, either not working well enough and we'll struggle at this level.

My hunch is potter will be here long term regardless of league and Bloom is going for Benhams Brentford model long term, where getting recruitment right is the key.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

No of course l don't know him personally, but he has repeatedly reiterated over the years that he is a fan, and has no intention of relinquishing the rains, at least not in the short or medium term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here