Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Moving into the last 11.5 days of the window.... no sign of anything yet...

Recalls for Gyokeres and Mlakar looking the most likely strategy for striker additions...

Could work. It's done well for us so far - bring in Connolly, surprises everyone, scores a couple of beauties, then fades/disappears. Brought in Jahanbakhsh, surprises everyone, scores a couple of beauties, then fades/disappears. Rinse and repeat with Gyokeres, and maybe again with Cashman and Radulovic ....... job done!
:thumbsup:
Not Mlakar though, he's not even playing, let alone scoring - he needs to be recalled, but not for us, but to go out on a decent loan with playing time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
panic stations.... haha damn people take a bloody chill pill.

That is the sort of attitude, if shared by our club, that will get us relegated...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That is the sort of attitude, if shared by our club, that will get us relegated...
I mean we are now pretty much 3 weeks into a 31 day window with no sight nor sound of a signing...

I don't think 'panic' is the word, more like a sense of growing realisation and resignation that there is some significant chance that no players will be brought in at all...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I mean we are now pretty much 3 weeks into a 31 day window with no sight nor sound of a signing...

I don't think 'panic' is the word, more like a sense of growing realisation and resignation that there is some significant chance that no players will be brought in at all...

You are starting to sound like a newbie on here, when has it ever been any different? :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You are starting to sound like a newbie on here, when has it ever been any different? [emoji38]ol:
Well, DJ Strollabout was brought in at the start of a January window... In the Summer we have had the early signings of Groß and Andone...

Que Sera Sera... It is what it is.... I doubt we are bringing anyone in... addition by subtraction... maybe I'll be surprised...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, DJ Strollabout was bought in at the start of a January window... In the Summer we have had the early signings of Groß and Andone...

Que Sera Sera... It is what it is.... I doubt we are bringing anyone in... addition by subtraction... maybe I'll be surprised...

I expect nothing but will get very excited if we do bring in even one quality player who has a record at the highest level. Never say never until the window slams shut.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I think l realised that at the beginning of the window! With very few exceptions it has been the same every January. Tony Bloom is only too aware that to bring in any new blood at this time of year, will cost crazily inflated transfer fees, and he just won't pay them.

We will just have to make do with who we already have.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is simply our place in the pecking order. We could go out today and buy half a dozen average players, no problem.

We'll have our sights set a little higher, which is a good thing, except that we can only get them once bigger, richer clubs have considered and then declined them

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Perhaps Andone will make a (sheepish) return if he is close to fitness .....IMO better than no one.

He would be a better option than calling 'DJ trudge' back . . . . but would he fit in with the rest of the squad again, and what about the no dickheads policy ?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Just seen what looked like a Lamborghini 4x4 (it was massive) by Lancing's Grinstead Lane which is just a 1/4 mile from Training Centre. This could be a football agent who looked well dressed in his 40s. I could not see who was in passenger seat though. Could be something . . . or nothing. That's if football agents drive Lamborghinis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here