Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
You are a very angry old man!

No i'm really not, you dont know me, so a bit of an assumption to make on the strength of a few posts on here, but do carry on.
Maybe you think so because i told you to get real the other day on the Knockaert to Fulham thread after you said a bit of you had lost all respect for the club because of that deal, after 45 years of supporting them, despite not knowing the circumstances behind it, you just jumped straight to the assumption that it was all the clubs fault.

On this thread i mentioned that Potter needed to see what he had before signing players, others think its obvious, to us maybe but not neccesarily to Potter, as i said before he is the guy who will lose his job if it all goes wrong.

If that makes me an angry old man, then so be it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No i'm really not, you dont know me, so a bit of an assumption to make on the strength of a few posts on here, but do carry on.
Maybe you think so because i told you to get real the other day on the Knockaert to Fulham thread after you said a bit of you had lost all respect for the club because of that deal, after 45 years of supporting them, despite not knowing the circumstances behind it, you just jumped straight to the assumption that it was all the clubs fault.

On this thread i mentioned that Potter needed to see what he had before signing players, others think its obvious, to us maybe but not neccesarily to Potter, as i said before he is the guy who will lose his job if it all goes wrong.

If that makes me an angry old man, then so be it.

Yes , yes it does ...carry on

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I still think Isaac Hayden would be an ideal signing. But yes, we would need to sell Kayal to make room.

Hayden is a fantastic defensive midfielder but really doesn’t offer a lot going forward so he’d need to be paired with someone more progressive who can hit first time ball with pace up the park. At Newcastle, he has Shelvey to pass the ball too - who would are creative midfielder be, I didn’t see enough from Pröpper or Stephens to convince me that they could do it.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Hayden is a fantastic defensive midfielder but really doesn’t offer a lot going forward so he’d need to be paired with someone more progressive who can hit first time ball with pace up the park. At Newcastle, he has Shelvey to pass the ball too - who would are creative midfielder be, I didn’t see enough from Pröpper or Stephens to convince me that they could do it.

In a 4231 formation, he would be brilliant. His tackling, interception and blocking stats are twice those of Dale Stephens.

I agree he is not as creative as some, but with 4 players playing up field, he would have plenty of options to pass the ball to. His passing stats are also better than Stephens.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hayden would be a decent signing. All gone quiet on this.

Doesn't appear we had someone ready to be unveiled when Knocky went.

And that 2pm punt some poster claimed has come and gone.

72 days since we played city / 18 days until first game

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Agreed but perhaps they're trying to keep the wage bill as low as possible; and signing players at the eleventh hour will help with this. We have a financially prudent club - just not a particularly entertaining one .... at the moment anyway.

Stop being so sensible. This is NSC! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes we are all just gobshites on a messageboard, that really is the case and wasn't specifically aimed at you, sorry if you've taken it that way, but some are getting their knickers in a twist way too much because there is only a couple of weeks left of the window. Its the same every season.

Last season before deadline day, Bruno was being backed up by Bernardo and Bong and Suttner were competing for left back, then on the last day we signed Montoya, lots can change in a very short space of time.

As for your football credentials, then you should be aware that youngsters are tried in different positions all the time to see how they cope with a different position, some can some cant, but you dont know until you try, somebody at Brighton obviously saw something in Sanders to suggest, out of the 50 odd players we have at first team, u23 and u18 level that he was worth having a look at.

Fair enough.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Didn't realise you have so many Potential BHAFC managers on this thread
Staggering and I'm suprised that PB had to pay all that compensation to Swansea when there are loads on here just a click of the mouse away from The Amex

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ring up your Bromley chums , they know everything.

Only on the franchise Doogle... Hold on what are you doing reading and posting on an Albion thread?

Bromley eh... cough 1-0

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Is there anything, in the otherwise fairly dry rumour well, about potential targets, aside from Maupay?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I mean...did anyone see Andrei Kanchelskis walk into a chip shop in Brighton? I'm clutching at tenuous and out dated straws here.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Last day frenzy hopefully

That's what we want?

In our first Summer transfer window in the PL, we signed more players by this point than we have now. Bear in mind, this was when the window ended in SEPTEMBER.
In our second, after doing reasonably well and the transfer window changes, we signed more players by this point than we have now including our (still) record signing.

So far, now several months after we scraped survival during which many fans considered launching themselves off the nearest block of flats instead of watching us, we have signed a decent winger, though unproven. This is offset by losing our most exciting and creative player throughout the last 3 and a half seasons. We have also signed a L1 centre half.

Our squad is a year older. While this may be insignificant, even beneficial for some, it most certainly isn't for the very soon to be 36 year old bloke we are relying on to net us 10+ goals a season to survive.

And people wonder why a bit of concern is creeping in. 2 weeks to go. 3-4 quality first team signings needed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here