Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Time for a title change, what about Will we reSIGN anyone today.a lot of talk on here about ex players they would like to see back here. Could it be BZ day?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would certainly give a boost to the crowd figures on Sunday if it's an uninjured creative player or striker. Today would make sense if we have someone lined up.

I do realise how difficult it is and how hard everyone is trying though so I will understand if no more signings are forthcoming for a while yet.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Hughton saying it's a dress rehearsal for the team before the Forest game. Would suggest he's not expecting any first team player to turn up until after the season gets under way (if at all).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton saying it's a dress rehearsal for the team before the Forest game. Would suggest he's not expecting any first team player to turn up until after the season gets under way (if at all).

He left room for singings by saying the team would be as close as possible to the Forest lineup. He did not say it would be exactly the same.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hate to keep going on about this but I just can't believe we have got all the way to our final pre season game without signing anyone who will create some goals, after the unmitigated shite of last season. It's unbelievable Jeff.

We must be patient.
They have identified players.
The Club are working very, very hard.
But it's very, very difficult.
We are confident that we will be ready.
were loose

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just rubbish. They need to pull their finger out, have had enough now.

1 week to go, hardly any time to enable Hughton to prepare with new signings, which means they'll start as sub at best.

We are then left largely with starters from a team that was nearly relegated.

Alternatively, we wait for a 'bargain' or prem loan, the latter may or may not be bothered. All of this is at the end of the window, and the season is 1 month down.

The recruitment strategy IMO remains shambolic. Even Brentford are strengthening. I really do feel sorry for Hughton having to work like this.

Heaven forbid anyone gets injured.

The positive thing is the Development Squad will be strong, so in a couple of years we can start our charge to the prem, the trouble is it will be from league 1.

Don't worry though we'll have a nice hotel for the visiting teams.

Oh and we are in it #together.

Rant over.......

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Just rubbish. They need to pull their finger out, have had enough now.

1 week to go, hardly any time to enable Hughton to prepare with new signings, which means they'll start as sub at best.

We are then left largely with starters from a team that was nearly relegated.

Alternatively, we wait for a 'bargain' or prem loan, the latter may or may not be bothered. All of this is at the end of the window, and the season is 1 month down.

The recruitment strategy IMO remains shambolic. Even Brentford are strengthening. I really do feel sorry for Hughton having to work like this.

Heaven forbid anyone gets injured.

The positive thing is the Development Squad will be strong, so in a couple of years we can start our charge to the prem, the trouble is it will be from league 1.

Don't worry though we'll have a nice hotel for the visiting teams.

Oh and we are in it #together.

Rant over.......

Jeez talk about got out the wrong side of the bed!

Do you honestly think it's easy making signings? Do you think they go into a transfer shop, pick out who they want pay for them and la de la there's your new signing?

I think you (and others) tend to forget it's not just up to us is it. There's also the player and the other club involved, if they are playing hard to get, what can we do? Do you really want us to pay over the top to get someone who is actually not worth the money we paid for him? Wouldn't the "fans" get on the Managers back if they don't play well and start singing "what a waste of money" etc?

I'm not bedwetting just yet, yes I'm am a little bit anxious but I honestly believe this will not end up like last year. We have a different team in place behind the scenes and to get the best we can afford and that is good value, we have to patient.

Judge at the end of transfer window, then feel free to wet the bed!

#rant over

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hate to keep going on about this but I just can't believe we have got all the way to our final pre season game without signing anyone who will create some goals, after the unmitigated shite of last season. It's unbelievable Jeff.

It certainly is... beyond the pale...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Jeez talk about got out the wrong side of the bed!

Do you honestly think it's easy making signings? Do you think they go into a transfer shop, pick out who they want pay for them and la de la there's your new signing?

I think you (and others) tend to forget it's not just up to us is it. There's also the player and the other club involved, if they are playing hard to get, what can we do? Do you really want us to pay over the top to get someone who is actually not worth the money we paid for him? Wouldn't the "fans" get on the Managers back if they don't play well and start singing "what a waste of money" etc?

I'm not bedwetting just yet, yes I'm am a little bit anxious but I honestly believe this will not end up like last year. We have a different team in place behind the scenes and to get the best we can afford and that is good value, we have to patient.

Judge at the end of transfer window, then feel free to wet the bed!

#rant over

Timing of player acquisitions is important as well as quality. Surely, we should have learnt our lesson after last summer's shambles of a window, but maybe not? I can't believe there are still people on here preaching patience. How long have we know the gaps in our squad? I would say at least since late Dec last year. There is therefore zero excuse for going into the season with a half-baked squad, as it appears we are going to do.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Timing of player acquisitions is important as well as quality. Surely, we should have learnt our lesson after last summer's shambles of a window, but maybe not? I can't believe there are still people on here preaching patience. How long have we know the gaps in our squad? I would say at least since late Dec last year. There is therefore zero excuse for going into the season with a half-baked squad, as it appears we are going to do.
You sir have hit the nail on the head.🔨

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here