Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The real problem here is not the club but the transfer window and greed of the players/agents, if the window closed before the season started we would be in a better place. Unfortunately whilst the window remains open the agents have no concern about fans just how much mulla they can squeeze out of clubs.
Plenty of clubs signing quality players...Charlton just signed a French under 21 player with good pedigree although we have jfc so who knows.
Poor scouting is the big issue I'm afraid

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Plenty of clubs signing quality players...Charlton just signed a French under 21 player with good pedigree although we have jfc so who knows.

We have also signed a couple of under 21s, perhaps you could list all of the quality players that have been signed by other clubs. It's funny if we had signed him, it would have been met with its a DS player not a first team player.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

We have also signed a couple of decent under 21s, so nothing special in Charlton getting one. If we had got him, people on here would have said its a DS player not a first team player. When you say quality players, can you list them and what clubs have got them and show that we could have afforded them. Also the players we are being linked with are the type that people would want at this club, not a lot the club can do if they do not want to come.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's all become very gloomy since the thread title changed to deSIGNate. Argus article about how hard we are working, and how difficult it is.

The impression I get is that signings are weeks away. 5 needed, or 6 if Dunk is poached.

Perhaps we can change it back to the happier 'singing' ? ???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Will we deSIGNate anyone today?

There are 34 days left of the transfer window. Hopefully we'll be able to get some Premier League season-long-loans before Forest but the 3-4 permanent signings could be five weeks away. We have a good central midfield and defence (if Greer recovers) so hopefully, we won't concede too many goals in August as I have my doubts as to whether we'll be scoring many before reinforcements arrive.

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Hughton tells fans singings will come

From today's Argus:

Albion manager Chris Hughton has sympathised with fans becoming twitchy about the lull in the club’s transfer activity.

But he remains “very confident” of getting the players he needs.

The Seagulls singed Liam Rosenior, Tomer Hemed, Gaetan Bong and Niki Maenpaa in the space of a fortnight between the end of June and beginning of July.

There have been no additions to the first team squad in the last three weeks, although Albion have further strengthened the development group with the captures of Scottish prospect Jack Harper from Real Madrid and Finnish striker Vahid Hambo.

Hughton still wants to boost his options with more attacking width, creativity and potency, as well as singing another centre-half.

That would ease fans’ anxiety with the big kick-off at home to Nottingham Forest nine days away and another five weeks until the transfer window shuts.

Hughton told The Argus: “I can understand it, because if you are a supporter you want to be seeing players coming through the door, new singings.

“Particularly the areas people thought we needed last season are probably the toughest positions (to fill).

“All I can say is I am still very confident we will get the quota of players that we need and we are working very, very hard on it.

“Would I prefer to have them in now? Yes I would but it is very, very tough and it’s certainly not through lack of effort.

“This is probably the most frustrating part of the game, the recruitment side and getting in players you want, but we are working very hard and I’m still very confident we’ll get the players we need.”

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
From today's Argus:

Albion manager Chris Hughton has sympathised with fans becoming twitchy about the lull in the club’s transfer activity.

But he remains “very confident” of getting the players he needs.

The Seagulls singed Liam Rosenior, Tomer Hemed, Gaetan Bong and Niki Maenpaa in the space of a fortnight between the end of June and beginning of July.

There have been no additions to the first team squad in the last three weeks, although Albion have further strengthened the development group with the captures of Scottish prospect Jack Harper from Real Madrid and Finnish striker Vahid Hambo.

Hughton still wants to boost his options with more attacking width, creativity and potency, as well as singing another centre-half.

That would ease fans’ anxiety with the big kick-off at home to Nottingham Forest nine days away and another five weeks until the transfer window shuts.

Hughton told The Argus: “I can understand it, because if you are a supporter you want to be seeing players coming through the door, new singings.

“Particularly the areas people thought we needed last season are probably the toughest positions (to fill).

“All I can say is I am still very confident we will get the quota of players that we need and we are working very, very hard on it.

“Would I prefer to have them in now? Yes I would but it is very, very tough and it’s certainly not through lack of effort.

“This is probably the most frustrating part of the game, the recruitment side and getting in players you want, but we are working very hard and I’m still very confident we’ll get the players we need.”

This worries me a lot.

It is just suggesting numbers of players, and has no indication of quality.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This worries me a lot.

It is just suggesting numbers of players, and has no indication of quality.

That's what happens when you're down at the bottom of your target list...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Easy to read all sorts into the comments to justify your bedwetting or licking........fact is we have no idea what's going on but if we're not very close to some key signings his quotes will look a bit dumb in a couple of weeks........

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As frustrating as this is, we knew FULL WELL it would happen. A huge amount of business will always be done in the last few days of Aug before the window SLAMS shut. We all knew this would be the case - we were never going to have all singings done by Forest. There's nothing new here.

FWIW I think the transfer window closing when it does is ridiculous as you play about 4 games before you have your squad together...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Why does the window stay open until the end of August? Surely it would be more sensible to have it open for June/July only so all business is transacted before the season starts, by all means have the loan window open longer so you can cover for injuries etc, but it seems odd that the football authorities start their competitions whilst personnel issues are in a state of flux.

I'm pleased with the players we have brought in so far, but we all know we still need to bring in more and with the window remaining open for a further FIVE BLOODY WEEKS! the agents and selling clubs still have plenty of time mess potential buyers around, and vice versa. The timing of the deadline is totally arbitrary and makes no sense to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here