Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Been passed in some info that we're close to signing a striker from a league 1 play off team... Not a clue if true so don't shoot the messenger but thought I'd casually drop it in here and not raise everyone's hopes by starting a new thread...

The return of Jon Obika?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Been passed in some info that we're close to signing a striker from a league 1 play off team... Not a clue if true so don't shoot the messenger but thought I'd casually drop it in here and not raise everyone's hopes by starting a new thread...

No, my hopes are now raised to levels beyond comprehension!

I'm taking you down with me if nothing happens today.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Murphy from Sheffield United?

I assume it's Murphy as I think Garner is staying at Preston.

The return of Jon Obika?

No, my hopes are now raised to levels beyond comprehension!

I'm taking you down with me if nothing happens today.

I don't have a clue who it is if indeed it is true... I've literally just passed on what a mate got told by somebody. I really don't have a clue if true or not. And Bladders I hope for a proper grilling if this doesn't happen :lol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I don't have a clue who it is if indeed it is true... I've literally just passed on what a mate got told by somebody. I really don't have a clue if true or not. And Bladders I hope for a proper grilling if this doesn't happen :lol:

Grilling for me or you? :lolol:

My waters are telling me it's going to be an underwhelming L1 player announced at 21:47

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Grilling for me or you? :lolol:

My waters are telling me it's going to be an underwhelming L1 player announced at 21:47

Me! I'd expect nothing less ;)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I want championship\premiership quality players
Even if he comes from a league 1 team, he may well be Championship quality.

The ones to 'be wary' of are the ones who have tried and failed at the Championship before ( unless very young at the time etc. ).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Chesterfield had some shitter upfront who missed a 1 on 1 at a critical time in the second leg. It's probably him.

Beckford would raise a heated debate I suspect!

Andy Williams scored 21 goals in 46 games for Swindon last year and has since been released...
though it appears he's off to Scunny
http://talksport.com/football/scunthorpe-sign-former-swindon-star-andy-williams-150616150944

Last edited:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
We will identify some good targets then go about a protracted negotiation trying to be clever with offer then loose out on the player when another club comes in makes the player and agent feel valued and offer the right deal.

We will then panic and bring in players at the last minute who have not been well scouted and sign 5 players on loan.

BHA please prove me wrong!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We will identify some good targets then go about a protracted negotiation trying to be clever with offer then loose out on the player when another club comes in makes the player and agent feel valued and offer the right deal.

We will then panic and bring in players at the last minute who have not been well scouted and sign 5 players on loan.

BHA please prove me wrong!!!!
That was BERK's tactic. It was almost as if his bonus was linked to every single fiver he could save on a deal :lolol:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
It'll be between 19:00-21:00...........trust me. :ascarf:

Your transfer window is now open. Just less than 2 hours before it SLAMS shut. We wait to hear............:ascarf:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That was BERK's tactic. It was almost as if his bonus was linked to every single fiver he could save on a deal :lolol:

We'll see, he's certainly been set up as the patsy for last season's player recruitment cock ups. There's been absolutely nothing to get excited about since he got sacked either, except Kayal so I'll keep an open mind and wait to see who we sign this year.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
SLAMMED shut. Nothing, although I did hear on SSN, that Kamara had met someone at the airport and was now finalising details at the AMEX. FA have given permission for a late FACSIMILIE?.....................Booooooooooooooooooooo

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here