Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You were there were you? Why this obsession with town? so fecking what if town didn't go up automatically...we were completely outplayed at town when they made us look dreadful...but it didn't matter in the overall scheme of things.

Who trod on your corns? I haven't an obsession with Town, I was replying to a Town fan, who didn't deny my facts. Chill.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If you think a player would sign for us in our position on the 1st of January...you really have no clue whatsoever.

Not strictly true, i reckon if a fee had been agreed between Brighton and Deportivo, Florin Andone would have, since our last bid went in on the 31st of August, he tried to force through the deal by putting in a transfer request, has mostly been used as a substitute and has fallen out with team-mates and his manager.

Unfortunately for him, although we are undoubtadly desperate for a striker we are no longer as desperate as on the 31st of August due to having the whole month to sign a striker or two and are therefore unwilling to pay the same amount that was agreed previously.

In other words we are playing hard ball, Burnley and Watford seem to have cooled their interest and were never willing to pay what we were, so Depo are stuck with an unhappy player who doesn't want to be there and one that they no longer want.

Brighton are right to play hard-ball on this one, frustrating as it is, Depo still want €18 million, they wont get it, but towards the end of the window he will still want out, they will still want him out and he will leave for far less.

But as to your point, i imagine he would sign right now ifvthings could be agreed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes. But a club in our position wouldn't do it. It either does not benifit the club or the player. There are thousands of players we could sign right away...mostly because they are not anywhere near the quality we need.

I feel sorry for Huddersfield who signed a player yesterday. He must be proper shit to sign for them so early. #PrayforHuddersfield

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes. But a club in our position wouldn't do it. It either does not benifit the club or the player. There are thousands of players we could sign right away...mostly because they are not anywhere near the quality we need.

Reminder: We thought Niasse was not the quality we need.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Surely we arent going down the route of assuming decent players only become available at the end of the window? Leaving it late didnt work first time round as regards the striker. And before anyone gets on my case i know we tried. Sooner the better for me.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I feel sorry for Huddersfield who signed a player yesterday. He must be proper shit to sign for them so early. #PrayforHuddersfield

they loaned a player yesterday. Today they have been forced to end their loan of Kasey Palmer as Chelsea have asked for him back.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Look, if you are a player with an offer from a premier league team, why would you sign for the first offer you get? You would wait and sniff out other offers to get your wages up as much as possible.

Unless they then signed someone else and decided they didn't need you after all.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Look, if you are a player with an offer from a premier league team, why would you sign for the first offer you get? You would wait and sniff out other offers to get your wages up as much as possible.

Just like Virgil van Dijk you mean He was linked with other clubs but signed for Liverpool on the first day of the window, why was that?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8266115 said:
Not a good example. He'd put in a transfer request last August to join Liverpool so hardly surprising that he joined them on Jan 1st.

Didn't Florin Andone want to sign for us back in August?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here