Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Evidence?

Up to the Wigan game they were running us close for automatic, but ended up in 6th place.

There isn't any, obviously, he just wants to make himself feel better.
I guess getting promoted through the playoffs = fading :)

Without scoring a goal. You went through on penalties.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I honestly believed that after the summer we would sign our striker in the first week of the window having worked since September on it. Stupid wasnt I!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I honestly believed that after the summer we would sign our striker in the first week of the window having worked since September on it. Stupid wasnt I!
We're not half way through the first week yet! Still four days to go.................

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Me too... and not stupid at all... stupid on the part of the club, yes...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We're not half way through the first week yet! Still four days to go.................

I admire your optimism and faith in the club, but based on what exactly? Certainly NOT their striker recruitment track record!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I admire your optimism and faith in the club, but based on what exactly? Certainly NOT their striker recruitment track record!

Based purely on fact - the fact that today is the third day of January, less than halfway to the seventh; nothing to do with optimism or pessimism. The post I replied to implied that we had already failed to sign a striker in the first week - it is plain fact tat we won't have failed to do that until the week is up. I have no idea (nor do you) whether the club will, or will not sign a striker in the next four days.

True but I'm not hopeful.
Fair enough - and I'm not predicting anything either!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Oh FFS give it a rest! We're sitting in 12th position in The Premier League. We've turned it around in under 3 years with Mr Hughton along with the backroom staff, recruitment team, loan players, past players and current players. My faith and optimism with this current squad and coaching team is as high now as it was last season. We are all well aware that a proven striker will no doubt help our cause in staying in this league. If and it's a bid IF we go down, then hey ho we start again. It was never going to be easy and we have to remember we are 'Little 'ol Brighton and Hove Albion'. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes and neither do I. I love the fact that the club keep it so in house when it comes to transfers, it adds a little mystique to our quest in finding new players. Keep The Faith. :albion2:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We don't play another game that matters until the 13th, so we have a few days to get things moving.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
.....Maybe a goalscoring midfielder with some pace, and not an out and out striker......?!

If we went that route where would you play him in the current formation? Gross has done well and im not sure that Propper and Stevens are given that much freedom to drive forward. Still favour a pacey and strong forward myself if we make a signing.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If we went that route where would you play him in the current formation? Gross has done well and im not sure that Propper and Stevens are given that much freedom to drive forward. Still favour a pacey and strong forward myself if we make a signing.

I think i would as well,i just think the prices quoted will just be mad for bang ordinary strikers,i would however like Dembele......

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Had hoped after the cluster**** of the summer we had one lined up to come in once the clock struck 12 on NYD.

Bit concerning the 6 monthly argus stories about budgets and difficulty appearing as usual.

IMO we need to get someone in for the West Brom game. That's a huge game and to wait to Jan 31st with the run in we have would be a mistake.

Yes it may cost more but we need to get this deal over the line ASAP.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Up to the Wigan game they were running us close for automatic, but ended up in 6th place.

Without scoring a goal. You went through on penalties.

You were there were you? Why this obsession with town? so fecking what if town didn't go up automatically...we were completely outplayed at town when they made us look dreadful...but it didn't matter in the overall scheme of things.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
We're sitting in 12th position in The Premier League. We've turned it around in under 3 years with Mr Hughton along with the backroom staff, recruitment team, loan players, past players and current players. My faith and optimism with this current squad and coaching team is as high now as it was last season. We are all well aware that a proven striker will no doubt help our cause in staying in this league. If and it's a bid IF we go down, then hey ho we start again. It was never going to be easy and we have to remember we are 'Little 'ol Brighton and Hove Albion'. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes and neither do I. I love the fact that the club keep it so in house when it comes to transfers, it adds a little mystique to our quest in finding new players. Keep The Faith. :albion2:
And THREE POINTS from the relegation zone!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And THREE POINTS from the relegation zone!

Which is why the Southampton and West Brom games will define our season. 2 points, which coming up we would have taken last season, but now we are really looking at least 4 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here