Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Everton fans didn't have anybody to compare with him last season - because he didn't play for them! He went on loan to Hull, who had an option to buy; it's a bit more worrying that Hull didn't take up that option and sent him back instead. Yes, I am aware they got relegated - I would have thought the parachute payments would have made it viable to keep a good striker to help them back up this season - but no, they didn't want him.
And the fact that now Everton want a straight sale, rather than a loan (with an option to buy) is a bit worrying too - it looks as if they're concerned if they lend him out, he'll just be sent back again. Shame - he comes across as quite a nice bloke in his interview (link on a previous post), but if his football ability just isn't up to it..............

I cant argue with anything you said there, in fact Niasse hasn't particularly impressed me in the (admittedly) little I've seen of him.

But playing devils advocate, maybe Hull were more worried that along with other players they were losing, they didn't feel they could take the gamble on wages..... Just in case.... We all know the Championship is a bitch to get out of.

Everton want rid.... That is clear so they would obviously not want to gamble on a loan to buy, when they don't think this lad will keep us up, therefore they will be back to square one again, as they were with Hull.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If the window SLAMS SHUT and we don't have a striker in that is useful I think the window could easily look more like a 3/10 than a 8.5/10. Simply because if we don't recruit a decent striker we are going to be relegated, and the Derby team of old looks a bit too close for comfort.

Impossible to argue with your summary.

Failure to get a couple of strikers in who can score in the PL would leave us sterile and that would be a relegation.

A penny to know what's happening behind the scenes. Lights burning late into the night at the Amex and Lancing complex?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
From football-Italia.net

Roma-owned midfielder William Vainqueur has offers on the table from Olympique Marseille, Bologna, Rennes and Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 28-year-old was bought from Dinamo Moscow for a minimal fee in the summer of 2015 and spent last season on loan at Marseille.

His contract with the Giallorossi is due to expire at the end of this term.

According to Sportitalia, Vainqueur would prefer to make the Marseille move a permanent one, working with ex-Roma Coach Rudi Garcia.

There is also interest from Bologna, Rennes and Brighton.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From football-Italia.net

Roma-owned midfielder William Vainqueur has offers on the table from Olympique Marseille, Bologna, Rennes and Brighton & Hove Albion.

The 28-year-old was bought from Dinamo Moscow for a minimal fee in the summer of 2015 and spent last season on loan at Marseille.

His contract with the Giallorossi is due to expire at the end of this term.

According to Sportitalia, Vainqueur would prefer to make the Marseille move a permanent one, working with ex-Roma Coach Rudi Garcia.

There is also interest from Bologna, Rennes and Brighton.

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/902614105856630784

Unfortunately the tweet following that was - He had a lot more offers than that, he turned them all down! #JustSaying

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I disagree, I think the caliber of player we have got in is very very good. I'd say our window so far has been more than OK I'd say it's been a solid 7/10 based on quality of player for their position. However if the window SLAMS SHUT and we don't have a striker in that is useful I think the window could easily look more like a 3/10 than a 8.5/10. Simply because if we don't recruit a decent striker we are going to be relegated, and the Derby team of old looks a bit too close for comfort.

Can't argue with any of that, I thought that was more or less what I was saying!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Did anyone hear about this?:

The same club (Brighton) also bid €8m (£7.4m) for Roma’s second choice goalkeeper Skorupski, who impressed on loan at Empoli over the last two seasons.

Again, the Poland international said no to a Brighton transfer.

http://www.football-italia.net/108818/jovetic-and-skorupski-reject-brighton

Good. We'll have to use our youngsters as third choice GKs (third choice GKs hardly ever play anyway) and put the money into the striker fund.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did anyone hear about this?:

The same club (Brighton) also bid €8m (£7.4m) for Roma’s second choice goalkeeper Skorupski, who impressed on loan at Empoli over the last two seasons.

Again, the Poland international said no to a Brighton transfer.

http://www.football-italia.net/108818/jovetic-and-skorupski-reject-brighton

That was quite commonly reported but I still wonder why we do not go for an oldie like Shay Given Robert Green or Ross Turnbull. Whoever it is will probably never play a game for us.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
That was quite commonly reported but I still wonder why we do not go for an oldie like Shay Given Robert Green or Ross Turnbull. Whoever it is will probably never play a game for us.

Or even one of the 2 keepers newcastle want rid of according to the Mail

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Bizarrely enough I think everybody would be a lot more rested if they weren't being repeatedly told 'everything is brilliant, and is perfectly on track'.

And when it's obviously not. Anyone would think the average Albion fan is a naive numptie.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Just over 2 days to go :eek:

Isn't it comforting to know though that so much is going in behind the scenes and that if we don't get anyone else in at least the club tried.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Impossible to argue with your summary.

Failure to get a couple of strikers in who can score in the PL would leave us sterile and that would be a relegation.

A penny to know what's happening behind the scenes. Lights burning late into the night at the Amex and Lancing complex?

We will be the laughing stock of the Premier League if we don't sign at least 2-3 quality players in 2 days. How have we got ourselves into this mess?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We will be the laughing stock of the Premier League if we don't sign at least 2-3 quality players in 2 days. How have we got ourselves into this mess?

"A difficult market"

"The Neymar transfer upset all the asking prices"

"All our PL rivals faced the same difficulties and weren't able to bring in strikers this summer"

"We're not that concerned due to the team spirit"

"Our defence is amazing, so we'll be able to nick plenty of wins"

Or the desparate:
"It's the journey that counts. I'm enjoying the season so much even if we do go without a whimper and parachute monies will guarantee us a return in 2019/20".

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I doubt most of the Premier League will care.

Serious question, why not wait for two days and see who we sign rather than spending them moaning on here? If we've not signed any strikers by the time the window closes, fair enough moan all you want. But, in the meantime, why not give the club the benefit of the doubt and accept they are all doing all they can to bring in the players we need

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I doubt most of the Premier League will care.

Serious question, why not wait for two days and see who we sign rather than spending them moaning on here? If we've not signed any strikers by the time the window closes, fair enough moan all you want. But, in the meantime, why not give the club the benefit of the doubt and accept they are all doing all they can to bring in the players we need

Yep promoted about 125 days ago and now down to the last 2 to get arguably the most important parts to the jigsaw !! They've played a blinder and I sense a bit of we've been here before. Another Albion own goal that even surpasses Dunks v City .

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Having tuned in to Sky's Premier League show just now, it seems to be beyond the shadow of a doubt now that The Arsenal are in fact within days of total vaporisation. Manchester City have made the first move in picking the meat off the carcass (Sanchez). Surely now is our chance to get in there and grab a closing down sale bargain?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yep promoted about 125 days ago and now down to the last 2 to get arguably the most important parts to the jigsaw !! They've played a blinder and I sense a bit of we've been here before. Another Albion own goal that even surpasses Dunks v City .

Ignoring the fact that you are talking drivel, that wasn't my point. If you actually read what I said, it was to wait until the transfer window closes to moan.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We talk about needing/looking for two strikers. With Murray unlikely to play much of a part before the new year, the question is surely, should that be 3? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here