Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it's fair to say, if the Albion do end up pulling off what we're all hoping for in the transfer market, then we all owe Chaileyjem a massive apology
For what?
if it turns out that we don't sign anyone by Friday........ Unleash hell.
We will make some signing or other.

I fully trust that the club are trying, but it's clearly not gone to plan. It's not their fault that Dwamena failed the medical, but we are where we are.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
For what?
We will make some signing or other.

I fully trust that the club are trying, but it's clearly not gone to plan. It's not their fault that Dwamena failed the medical, but we are where we are.

Looking at his age and where he played I was hoping that was the cherry on the top signing, a young prospect we were prepared to take a risk on.

I didn't think he was our main target so we are either still working on that or Niasse is it...............which is a bit of an anti climax.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The way it's heading I will be pleasantly surprised if we do any better than bringing in Niasse and a random "one for the future" youngster. I really hope we have a couple of high caliber options that we've managed to keep quiet and are working hard on.

I think we've left it way too late on Zahore and our dithering has allowed his value to increase while Cardiff have succeeded in getting off to a flyer and tied him down with a longer term contract. I suspect Cardiff would have gladly accepted a bid of £7m + had we submitted it soon after promotion. Cardiff will also want to nail down a replacement and know full well that limited time and a bumper incoming fee will make this tricky to negotiate.

The deal for Raphael falling through was very unlucky but it has really exposed the flaws and complacency in our cluster recruitment this summer.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It does need to be said, Chaileyjem really should be owed something from the club. He's like Gladiator the movie, fighting on his own, when all looks lost, Chaileyjem is still in belief of his beloved Albion. No matter what comes his way, he'll be able to somehow bring it down and maintain the respect he believes the Albion deserve.
There are times when I consider Chaileyjem's defence of the club is a bit OTT - indeed, on occasion I have posts of my own subjected to what I regarded as over-defensive criticism. In this instance, though, I'm with team Chaileyjem. The levels of hysteria on here are rising to big girls' blouse levels. The club is looking to do a bit more business before the windows slams shut, that's all. And bearing in mind that every other club is looking to do exactly the same, the likelihood of some deals being completed is high.
And at the end of the day, the deals that we do will either work out well, or they won't - and there's damn all I can do about that! Looking forward to the rest of our season IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The way it's heading I will be pleasantly surprised if we do any better than bringing in Niasse and a random "one for the future" youngster. I really hope we have a couple of high caliber options that we've managed to keep quiet and are working hard on.

I think we've left it way too late on Zahore and our dithering has allowed his value to increase while Cardiff have succeeded in getting off to a flyer and tied him down with a longer term contract. I suspect Cardiff would have gladly accepted a bid of £7m + had we submitted it soon after promotion. Cardiff will also want to nail down a replacement and know full well that limited time and a bumper incoming fee will make this tricky to negotiate.

The deal for Raphael falling through was very unlucky but it has really exposed the flaws and complacency in our cluster recruitment this summer.

Been more of a cluster ****.
Hope Winstanley is looking for a new employer next Monday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So on another tack...when do we get our 120mill from the premier league? Is it that we got it when we were confirmed as a premier team or do we get it at the end of the season and mr bloom is funding all of this until we get the cheque?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would Cardiff really reject a £20m offer for Zahore?

I still wouldn't rule out that signing.

Cardiff are top of the Championship. Why would they sell their best striker. Promotion is worth £100M. I've also seen reports of Everton offering £22M

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Looks like we are just going to MEEKLY go down without a FIGHT, I'd have rather have not gone up at all than just not even put a FIGHT up to stay in the PL. Just recruiting a load of foreigners and hope one or two might be successes was always going to be a disaster even without the striker farce.
Good luck Barber trying to get people to renew Season Tickets next February when we still haven't SCORED a goal

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looks like we are just going to MEEKLY go down without a FIGHT, I'd have rather have not gone up at all than just not even put a FIGHT up to stay in the PL. Just recruiting a load of foreigners and hope one or two might be successes was always going to be a disaster even without the striker farce.
Good luck Barber trying to get people to renew Season Tickets next February when we still haven't SCORED a goal

Just a teensy-weensy touch OTT there Ernie me old mucker but it has the makings..........

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Great points, well made :thumbsup:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Ok I'm stressed by the striker situation now - please announce some good incoming (medical passed) news!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Been more of a cluster ****.
Hope Winstanley is looking for a new employer next Monday.

Don't be a dickhead. Winstanley has had 3 transfer windows in a row before this one that were decent.

This one has been ok, they've managed to sign 2 internationals at a decent price. Things obviously haven't gone well signing a striker, but that's that's no reason for silly knee jerk reactions.

Luckily for us big Tony isn't a moron or a tosser :thumbsup:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Don't be a dickhead. Winstanley has had 3 transfer windows in a row before this one that were decent.

This one has been ok, they've managed to sign 2 internationals at a decent price. Things obviously haven't gone well signing a striker, but that's that's no reason for silly knee jerk reactions.

I disagree, I think the caliber of player we have got in is very very good. I'd say our window so far has been more than OK I'd say it's been a solid 7/10 based on quality of player for their position. However if the window SLAMS SHUT and we don't have a striker in that is useful I think the window could easily look more like a 3/10 than a 8.5/10. Simply because if we don't recruit a decent striker we are going to be relegated, and the Derby team of old looks a bit too close for comfort.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just over 2 days to go :eek:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Have you got anger issues love?
Very aggressive stance you're taking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here