Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm with you on that. Don't rate the lad other than acknowledging he is quick and strong but then again, so was O'Grady (well maybe not that quick).

Or strong....:facepalm::lolol::bigwave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Every window SB ?
All 12 of them since 2011 ?

Oh yeah my mistake I'm forgetting all those windows that slammed shut and didn't leave the Albion scrabbling around the loan window for strikers beginning with Sam Vokes and ending with Chuba Akpom.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It almost ALMOST makes me wish we were like palace.
At least they are resigned to not signing anybody possibly for financial reasons we are unaware of :shrug:.

It's the hope that kills yer'

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Oh yeah my mistake I'm forgetting all those windows that slammed shut and didn't leave the Albion scrabbling around the loan window for strikers beginning with Sam Vokes and ending with Chuba Akpom.

That's 2. And Vokes was due to Hoskins injury after the window had shut. Any more ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Barn Door Billy
Leon Best
Colunga
Dobbie

Ulloa, Hemed, Baldock, Murray , Zamora, Barnes. - the players who actually played , cost hardly anything, scored hatfuls and took us to 3 play offs and a promotion.
How did that happen if the recruitment was so poor ?

Yeah OBIKA though. :)

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
We've bent ourselves over though. We left this so so late that now everybody knows we're desperate and they can charge way over the odds. RIP our financial ********. We either overpay by a ton and get who we want or we don't sign anyone and go down.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We've bent ourselves over though. We left this so so late that now everybody knows we're desperate and they can charge way over the odds. RIP our financial ********. We either overpay by a ton and get who we want or we don't sign anyone and go down.

99% of deals involving strikers are overvalued.
Can't see this will change anything other than making that a deadcert 100%.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ulloa, Hemed, Baldock, Murray , Zamora, Barnes. - the players who actually played , cost hardly anything, scored hatfuls and took us to 3 play offs and a promotion.
How did that happen if the recruitment was so poor ?

Yeah OBIKA though. :)

Blimey this must be a struggle even for you, you're purposely missing the point after 1 reply.

Not buying the strikers during the window and having to rely on scrabbling around the loan window.

Please don't make me go through all the shitehouse loanee strikers we've had during the AMEX era, everybody is depressed enough already.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey this must be a struggle even for you, you're purposely missing the point after 1 reply.

Not buying the strikers during the window and having to rely on scrabbling around the loan window.

Please don't make me go through all the shitehouse loanee strikers we've had during the AMEX era, everybody is depressed enough already.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring

Err thinking about it maybe it is time to do just that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

You've exaggerated wildly to make your point again (all 12 windows !! Without exception !! - but do you mean loans for injuries ?, Ashley Barnes ban, does Wilson count ? , Lingard ?) and are now rowing back. Or can't be bothered with the boring detail to stand it up.

On another thread you've called our recruitment team "southern league" - I assume you didn't mean that either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring

Err thinking about it maybe it is time to do just that.

We can rely on one man to lead NSC from the wilderness and to snuggle time in Barber's bosom.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You've exaggerated wildly to make your point again (all 12 windows !! Without exception !! - but do you mean loans for injuries ?, Ashley Barnes ban, does Wilson count ? , Lingard ?) and are now rowing back. Or can't be bothered with the boring detail to stand it up.

On another thread you've called our recruitment team "southern league" - I assume you didn't mean that either.

I don't know which part of the recruitment team you work for, but............almost all of us are disappointed right now with yet another 'failure' in the transfer market. An area (strikers), that all of us know we have to improve on.

Just let us all vent our spleen for a day or so and please , just....STFU.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lighten up, guess what, when likening the recruitment team to the days of the Albion before WWI and Charity Shield wins, I was joking.

Needing to preach the message is going to be tough for you tonight, if this is how you're starting.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I don't know which part of the recruitment team you work for, but............almost all of us are disappointed right now with yet another 'failure' in the transfer market. An area (strikers), that all of us know we have to improve on.

Just let us all vent our spleen for a day or so and please , just....STFU.

Not signing a player because our due diligence detects a heart condition is not a failure but a success. For him, and for the club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here