Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8088555 said:
I just want to see one of strikers do a GOAL! :banana:

How ****ing demanding are you?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Am I alone seeing Niasse as a poor man's Leon Best? FFS Albion, no.
Zahore could be all right.
Surely we can do better, if only we had an extra couple of weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8088555 said:
I just want to see one of strikers

Let's not run before we can walk.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
So...... Back to rumours yhat seemed credible.... Zaraguchi or whatever his name is with the fit mrs? cafu? Moses simon? Zohore? Niasse?

We need two, are any of the first 3 even strikers? We were after Niasse anyway apparently, so i guess its him and one other.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Got to remain positive that we'll get two more strikers in before the end of the month but this won't be cheap. Hopefully Chris and the team will pull some last minute rabbits out of the hat and we'll all be happier this time next week.

I can guarantee you won't be happier this time next week, even if we get another striker and beat Watford.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Yes.
That's a terrible comparison.
Niasse scored five Premier League goals last season. Best didn't even watch five Premier League goals last season*.

*probably

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The Dwamena situation is obviously really unfortunate for all concerned but I am astonished that on the 25th August we haven't signed a striker - the one position we needed players for more than any other. Hemed, Murray and Baldock = bottom of the table and possible lowest points total in premier league history.

As I say, Dwamena situation really bad luck for all but if we had sorted at least one striker sooner then we wouldn't be in this position where we are now, desperate for anyone. We need two strikers and have a week to sort it. Poor.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
So...... Back to rumours yhat seemed credible.... Zaraguchi or whatever his name is with the fit mrs? cafu? Moses simon? Zohore? Niasse?

We need two, are any of the first 3 even strikers? We were after Niasse anyway apparently, so i guess its him and one other.

Cafu signed for Bordeaux and is a winger.
Haraguchi is also more of a winger and so is Moses Simon.

That just leaves Zahore or Niasse. Hopefully there are other options we don't know of though

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Dwamena situation is obviously really unfortunate for all concerned but I am astonished that on the 25th August we haven't signed a striker - the one position we needed players for more than any other. Hemed, Murray and Baldock = bottom of the table and possible lowest points total in premier league history.

As I say, Dwamena situation really bad luck for all but if we had sorted at least one striker sooner then we wouldn't be in this position where we are now, desperate for anyone. We need two strikers and have a week to sort it. Poor.

Blimey you make it sound like this is the first time it's happened.

If you're not used to it by now, having watched it happen in every AMEX era transfer window, I guess you never will.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Yes.
That's a terrible comparison.
Niasse scored five Premier League goals last season. Best didn't even watch five Premier League goals last season*.

*probably

Maybe that was a tad harsh.
Fingers crossed we have an exciting week ahead to look forward to, and not the disappointing one I'm half expecting.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8088597 said:
Cafu signed for Bordeaux and is a winger.
Haraguchi is also more of a winger and so is Moses Simon.

That just leaves Zahore or Niasse. Hopefully there are other options we don't know of though

Bloody hell, yeah i hope so, i havent been convinced by a single striker weve been linked with this summer, including Dwamena, yes there is potential, hes been prolific at a standard way below where we are, Zohore has been good for half a season in the championship, again potentially he could be good, both could/ could have also be very expensive flops.

There must be someone with pedigree at a decent standard!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of, if not the, greatest thinker, mind and scribe of NSC, said weeks ago words to the effect of:-

'If an incomplete Albion side gets dry humped at Watford, while still having money in the bank, shite is really going to hit the fan'.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If you watch Zahore he looks like a hit and hope merchant makes his shot to easy for the keeper from what I've seen and as we have found out is the gulf is massive between the PL and Championship.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If you watch Zahore he looks like a hit and hope merchant makes his shot to easy for the keeper from what I've seen and as we have found out is the gulf is massive between the PL and Championship.

I'm with you on that. Don't rate the lad other than acknowledging he is quick and strong but then again, so was O'Grady (well maybe not that quick).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe I've got to go back to the drawing board and resume scouting potential WAGs. :down:

:thumbsup:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Let me confirm something, of the linked strikers that remain Zahore would be my choice

I obviously am hoping the recruitment team have something better up their sleeves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here