Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
DON'T FORGET SOLLY MARCH. The form he was in before his injury would put him almost equal with Knockaert as our best winger.

...............................and with AK, Skalak, March and Murphy as our wide midfield options, I can't see much cause for playing Rosenior out of position in one of those spots.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
DON'T FORGET SOLLY MARCH. The form he was in before his injury would put him almost equal with Knockaert as our best winger.
Apart from the fact that AK is a maestro, acting as a m/f dynamo.... creating and owning posession and chances all over the pitch..... SM was playing well.. but as a direct winger.... nothing more.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
...............................and with AK, Skalak, March and Murphy as our wide midfield options, I can't see much cause for playing Rosenior out of position in one of those spots.

If LR plays there in away games it gives us more defensive quality when needed and is a position that isnt new to him. Or are we going to go gung ho in all games and attack every team forgetting about defending.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If LR plays there in away games it gives us more defensive quality when needed and is a position that isnt new to him. Or are we going to go gung ho in all games and attack every team forgetting about defending.

Absolutely no chance of that happening. Just not in his nature. The play off match against Sheff Wed was a one off in that regard because we quite literally started 2-0 down

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I hate crossword clues:

Nitchenk?
Chenkit?
Enkitch?
Tinketch?

and if we add 'a'?
Teachkin?
Kincheat?
Cheantik?

But if we go further.. perhaps..... Kitchener (your defence needs you@!!@!)

As I said, I hate crossword clues!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely no chance of that happening. Just not in his nature. The play off match against Sheff Wed was a one off in that regard because we quite literally started 2-0 down

Should do it more often, the first 20 mins of that game saw the best Albion performance that I can remember, we were fantastic. As was the crowd. The two go hand in hand, the team excites, the crowd gets loud. Really do think we should do that at home more often.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Should do it more often, the first 20 mins of that game saw the best Albion performance that I can remember, we were fantastic. As was the crowd. The two go hand in hand, the team excites, the crowd gets loud. Really do think we should do that at home more often.

That's true but look at what happened near the end, we got opened up about 4 or 5 times and could have lost by several goals. We ended up committing about 3 or 4 professional fouls to stop them breaking away on us. A good manager gets the balance right.

Just watch how Kayal in matches.........................He is always looking to the bench to ask to go forward and CH has got to stop him and to make sure he does his defensive work first or he arranges cover before getting himself forward

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I fully accept that and wouldnt want any different hence my view of playing LR in right midfield in difficult away games like Derby if we sign a CB before then to have Bruno at right back. Murphy Skalak and even Knockaert are valuable attacking options but sometimes concentration has to be on a tight defence.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's true but look at what happened near the end, we got opened up about 4 or 5 times and could have lost by several goals. We ended up committing about 3 or 4 professional fouls to stop them breaking away on us. A good manager gets the balance right.

Just watch how Kayal in matches.........................He is always looking to the bench to ask to go forward and CH has got to stop him and to make sure he does his defensive work first or he arranges cover before getting himself forward

Good points.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I've still got that game on the old TiVo box...might have a gander at the first half on Friday night to prepare myself for the new season :moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tomorrow WILL be the day for a proper SINGING.

Your clue is:-

Found in a kitchen.

That's - found in a kitchen.

Alex

a-tin-can-of-glenryck-pacific-pilchards-CE68XH.jpg

Mystic Stat strikes again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here