Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thursday Latest

*NEW* Fendy £7m 21 year old French full back.Those useful but not v.meaningful window words "Linked" and "Watched" say Sky. 2/10
*NEW* Sidwell Singing...With the Finn confirmed - its only 1 more hold out....10/10.
Tammy - no change Still All over. oh well. 0/10
Ryan - (no change) reported as signed by newspapers like The Mirror, The Australian, hinted at by The Argus, NSC spots Barber in Valencia - 9/10
Marti - (no change) talking of Valencia. Thats where you find Levante. Home of Roger. but he's a lot of £££. so 2/10
Genki - (no change) still not going away. reports in the big papers. £2.5m. but sounds like negotiations hit the buffers 4/10
Cafu - More "reports" (mostly recycled Twitter guff but hey) in last 24 hours. coming up on the outside.Moving him up. 4/10
Maenapaa - Still not announced. new contract - signed according to various reports including Argus. 10/10
Snodgrass - (no change) still lingering around in the big papers 6/10.
Stockdale - certainly not distancing himself from club. twitter feed still v.bhafc focused. thanked club for Sidwell - still 7/10
Macdonald Another midfielder. Looks a bit dull but the reports seem as convincing as anything else. 5/10
A.Another - Gross style signing out of the blue not rumoured anywhere. 10/10.
u23 A.Nother Exciting new signing but then you realise they're headed direct to Dev Squad never to be seen again. 10/10

Excellent work, keep it coming - thanks !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
When did the Argus report that Maenapaa has signed? I know you are good at these things, but I've not seen the Argus say the deal is done...

fair enough. Not completely DONE DONE.
but as good as...
See this in last 48 hours from Argus reports.

"Finnish shot-stopper Maenpaa is said by a well-placed source to be very close to staying for a third season"
"The indications are that Maenpaa who has looked accomplished in the rare appearances he has made, will stay put"
"His agent has told sources in Holland the Finnish international goalkeeper will accept terms offered by the Seagulls ahead of other offers.Confirmation could come as soon as tomorrow."

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thursday Latest

*NEW* Fendy £7m 21 year old French full back.Those useful but not v.meaningful window words "Linked" and "Watched" say Sky. 2/10
*NEW* Sidwell Singing...With the Finn confirmed - its only 1 more hold out....10/10.
Tammy - no change Still All over. oh well. 0/10
Ryan - (no change) reported as signed by newspapers like The Mirror, The Australian, hinted at by The Argus, NSC spots Barber in Valencia - 9/10
Marti - (no change) talking of Valencia. Thats where you find Levante. Home of Roger. but he's a lot of £££. so 2/10
Genki - (no change) still not going away. reports in the big papers. £2.5m. but sounds like negotiations hit the buffers 4/10
Cafu - More "reports" (mostly recycled Twitter guff but hey) in last 24 hours. coming up on the outside.Moving him up. 4/10
Maenapaa - Still not announced. new contract - signed according to various reports including Argus. 10/10
Snodgrass - (no change) still lingering around in the big papers 6/10.
Stockdale - certainly not distancing himself from club. twitter feed still v.bhafc focused. thanked club for Sidwell - still 7/10
Macdonald Another midfielder. Looks a bit dull but the reports seem as convincing as anything else. 5/10
u23 A.Nother Exciting new signing but then you realise they're headed direct to Dev Squad never to be seen again. 10/10

Another big :thumbsup: from me for this. Really helpful synopsis, probably more useful than your social media thang from a few years back, although not quite as romantic.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
fair enough. Not completely DONE DONE.
but as good as...
See this in last 48 hours from Argus reports.

"Finnish shot-stopper Maenpaa is said by a well-placed source to be very close to staying for a third season"
"The indications are that Maenpaa who has looked accomplished in the rare appearances he has made, will stay put"
"His agent has told sources in Holland the Finnish international goalkeeper will accept terms offered by the Seagulls ahead of other offers.Confirmation could come as soon as tomorrow."

If tomorrow never comes... then what?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Another big :thumbsup: from me for this. Really helpful synopsis, probably more useful than your social media thang from a few years back, although not quite as romantic.

Ta!
PS: I've no personal info and i'm not ITK. Its just my hunches based on credibility of sources, transfer code language, and some rather helpful NSC pointers. Where else do you get photos confirming Barber is on a plane to Valencia 24 hours before the Argus reports "Club officials are believed to have flown to Valencia yesterday to cement their interest in [Maty Ryan]"

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ta!
PS: I've no personal info and i'm not ITK. Its just my hunches based on credibility of sources, transfer code language, and some rather helpful NSC pointers. Where else do you get photos confirming Barber is on a plane to Valencia 24 hours before the Argus reports "Club officials are believed to have flown to Valencia yesterday to cement their interest in [Maty Ryan]"

Even this is helpful.
PS I've noticed that you've been quieter of late -- or is it just me? -- which I'll put down to having to do less defensive (or, what you'd probably call, realistic) work deflecting the pessimism of the 'bed-wetters'.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Even this is helpful.
PS I've noticed that you've been quieter of late -- or is it just me? -- which I'll put down to having to do less defensive (or, what you'd probably call, realistic) work deflecting the pessimism of the 'bed-wetters'.

Ha. Not really. May - July is always the busiest time of my working year because of music festivals./my job.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ha. Not really. May - July is always the busiest time of my working year because of music festivals./my job.

Actually, I wasn't referring to May-July, more to the first four months of the calendar year, when things have been going rather well for B&HA.
I was under the impression that you had an involvement with football for Auntie, but you've managed to pick another area of culture which I have a passionate attachment for.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
No real knowledge, no gossip sites linking him with Brighton, not sure if going from established BL side to newly promoted PL side is "taking the next step in his career" and probably 99% unrealistic but since it's the silly season so here you go.

BREAKING: Serge Gnabry has activated a clause in his contract and will leave Werder at the end of the month.
Serge Gnabry joined Werder from Arsenal FC last summer and made a total of 27 Bundesliga appearances for the Green-Whites, scoring eleven goals and providing two assists.

From another source I found that he had a buy-out clause of £6.8M.

Although probably there were some other clauses in his contract as otherwise there should have been news about which club signed him. Anyways would be immense signing. Not to confuse with Akbom.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The new Cafu please...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Genki TODAY!!??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i have heard a whisper about a Argentinian midfielder being tracked ....I see argentina are playing brazil at the moment...I wonder which one we are looking at?

Of course, most south americans are "owned" by companies, so that is a problem for Uk teams

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
i have heard a whisper about a Argentinian midfielder being tracked ....I see argentina are playing brazil at the moment...I wonder which one we are looking at?

Of course, most south americans are "owned" by companies, so that is a problem for Uk teams

Ever since you told us Rafa was coming to manage here I have lost faith in your player and manager predictions :wink:

Having said that I was gutted when we got Hughton rather than Rafa but now I am delighted.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Friday SINGING update.

*NEW* Fendy £7m 21 year old French full back.This looks like guff but hey. 2/10
*NEW* Sidwell Singing...He generously even posed with the shirt. Thats' probably it for the contract extensions...10/10.
*NEW* Joe Gomez - Young LFC full back. SPOTTED by a honest, gov , NSC sauce . At the training ground for some reason. Where no training is going on. Naylor says we're "interested" 4/10
Tammy - Oh blimey. Its back on. What do i know? Our good friend Andy Naylor says 50/50 and the Northern Echo or Chronicle or something agrees so therefore er, 5/10
Ryan - NSC and others have spotted and *filmed* Barber *leaving* Valencia. Sky say £5m. Naylor says £5.2m or Spanish reports say TRANSFER RECORD. This one must surely be nearly DONE - 10/10
Marti - (no change) talking of Valencia. Thats where you find Levante. Home of Roger. and little sign of anything more really so 2/10
Mooy - Argus keep reminding us he's linked. or "On our radar" And with Blondie himself, Oli Norwood now reportedly on his way out then maybe some room for the ex Terrrier. 6/10
Cafu - EVEN More "reports" (mostly recycled Twitter guff but hey) in last 24 hours. coming up on the outside.Moving him up. 4/10
Maenapaa - Will this ever be announced . Agent started spouting off about it nearly 10 days ago. 10/10
Snodgrass - (no change) still lingering around in the big papers but looks increasingly like er, nonsense. 2/10
Stockdale - Oh blimey. £5m quid for Ryan means poor old DS must be on the bloomin' danger list 2/10
Macdonald Another midfielder. SO dull i'm dropping this one to 0/10.

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Friday SINGING update.

*NEW* Fendy £7m 21 year old French full back.This looks like guff but hey. 2/10
*NEW* Sidwell Singing...He generously even posed with the shirt. Thats' probably it for the contract extensions...10/10.
*NEW* Joe Gomez - Young LFC full back. SPOTTED by a honest, gov , NSC sauce . At the training ground for some reason. Where no training is going on. Naylor says we're "interested" 4/10
Tammy - Oh blimey. Its back on. What do i know? Our good friend Andy Naylor says 50/50 and the Northern Echo or Chronicle or something agrees so therefore er, 5/10
Ryan - NSC and others have spotted and *filmed* Barber *leaving* Valencia. Sky say £5m. Naylor says £5.2m or Spanish reports say TRANSFER RECORD. This one must surely be nearly DONE - 10/10
Marti - (no change) talking of Valencia. Thats where you find Levante. Home of Roger. and little sign of anything more really so 2/10
Mooy - Argus keep reminding us he's linked. or "On our radar" And with Blondie himself, Oli Norwood now reportedly on his way out then maybe some room for the ex Terrrier. 6/10
Cafu - EVEN More "reports" (mostly recycled Twitter guff but hey) in last 24 hours. coming up on the outside.Moving him up. 4/10
Maenapaa - Will this ever be announced . Agent started spouting off about it nearly 10 days ago. 10/10
Snodgrass - (no change) still lingering around in the big papers but looks increasingly like er, nonsense. 2/10
Stockdale - Oh blimey. £5m quid for Ryan means poor old DS must be on the bloomin' danger list 2/10
Macdonald Another midfielder. SO dull i'm dropping this one to 0/10.

According to a well placed Japanese source Haraguchi is currently on his way over to England (may already have arrived) to finalise terms with us?....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here