Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
A good if not spectacular start.

Already with Ryan we've seen words to the effect of 'The Argus understands the Albion will be looking to have three competitive squad members for the GK jersey' so can surmise that Ryan Isnt explicitly number one.

Personally I just expected us to fly out of the blocks with 4/5 core squad members and 2/3 marquis signings - of which Delaney would be one and A.N.Other Striker would be the second.

I'm not saying we've been under prepared but we've certainly been gazumped in the case of Abraham (morally I agree with club's stance of not paying the family/agent fee in this case) and perhaps with Haraguchi and Delaney been too ambitious for our budget.

To my mind it's a pivotal two weeks in the window. Does TB stick or twist?

If Haraguchi is 'too ambitious' we are absolutely ****ed.

Haven't given up on Delaney yet.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Mounie played in a struggling Ligue 1 side that finishd just outside the relegtion zone, fidnt we doi th same with COG but it remains to be seen if he will cut it in The Premier but again very expensive.

I nearly spat my drink over my screens ffs. We also signed ULLOA from a side IN the relegation zone and he has a Premier League medal. We also signed Hemed from a relegation bound side and he's been an important cog in our promotion pushes.

FWIW I'd have taken Palmer and Mooy.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We can't sign players from a higher standard, BG. We are in the top flight. So if you don't want players from "struggling" top flight sides then you want top talent from top clubs. We don't have the money or the pull.

What's the score with hudd? Have they got an Oligarch? Spent £30m, quickly signed players some of whom we wanted (not sure how much) so are they considerably richer than yow? Or just 'going for it'? Are we 25-30th in terms of top 2 divisions spending power? Bit puzzled by our position and strategy. Christ, we can't even get a bundaslige b side player who wants to leave toboot! Rotherham got anyone decent? Or are we unable to attract these too? Saying that, with Huddersfield on doorstep we've no chance. Better look at L2's promoted sides although can't see anyone leaving Pompey for us either.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I nearly spat my drink over my screens ffs. We also signed ULLOA from a side IN the relegation zone and he has a Premier League medal. We also signed Hemed from a relegation bound side and he's been an important cog in our promotion pushes.

FWIW I'd have taken Palmer and Mooy.

You missed Gross, who we signed from a relegated side about 6 weeks ago.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
What's the score with hudd? Have they got an Oligarch? Spent £30m, quickly signed players some of whom we wanted (not sure how much) so are they considerably richer than yow? Or just 'going for it'? Are we 25-30th in terms of top 2 divisions spending power? Bit puzzled by our position and strategy. Christ, we can't even get a bundaslige b side player who wants to leave toboot! Rotherham got anyone decent? Or are we unable to attract these too? Saying that, with Huddersfield on doorstep we've no chance. Better look at L2's promoted sides although can't see anyone leaving Pompey for us either.

I don't think Hudds have gone mad have they? They were in the box seat for Mooy, not sure we would have been in for any of their other acquisitions. TB is the shrewdest of the shrewd so I am sure he is playing the long game in terms of what we will pay in line with our valuations. That £4m a club wants for their £2m rated player could be £40m for a £20m man next time. Keep calm and trust Tone.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wasnt in the least bit worried but then i came on here and now im positively panic stricken

Know what you mean - totally dripping with doom and gloom!

FWIW, I reckon last year's squad was comparable to clubs in the bottom third of the PL. This season we've had to replace Stockdale, and added Gross. So, we've still got a good squad - all this bullshit about us therefore going down with 0 points is just that - bullshit. It would be tough going, touch and go about survival, but not impossible.
Now, before the angry brigade start jumping up and down, no, I'm not suggesting for one single minute that we should try what would be a very risky strategy. Of course we should get some more players in to improve the team - surely we should do that every summer, regardless of where we are playing? Granted that would have been difficult this year if we had missed out on promotion - we'd probably be trying to find replacements for Dunk, Stephens and Knocky for a start! But this year, we're in the PL, so we're keeping all our good players......and I'm sure we're going to add a few more.

So.......panic? No, not me!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Every summer it's you and Icy leading the charge to buy Pampers.
Anxiety is only building in the usual, bottleless, subjects.
Yes, maybe. I think the multiple rumours last week that something was imminent but then didn't materialise tipped me over the edge. I was doing ok until then, I think :nono:

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Hope not, overrated and ordinary IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think y'all might need to just wind your expectations in a bit ...

Also, when have you actually seen him play? Izzy was excellent for us last season, one of the stand out players from Jan (when he came to us from Rotherham). He's also a really nice guy and will compliment any dressing room. If we could have two loans from the PL then we would have got him back in a shot.

He'll be great for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here