Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Goldson not fit for tonight and IF he's even started training again would need half a game against Lazio to be in reckoning for Derby IMO

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cant help thinking if we manage to sign someone of proven genuine quality / real statement of intent it will help with those outstanding contract offers to Stephens and Kayal / Dunk situation.

Thank f k we had the Euros (however bad they were) to distract us.

Not even been any rumours of us chasing players ie like Marshall that time.

Come on Albion , give us something to get the juices flowing

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Cant help thinking if we manage to sign someone of proven genuine quality / real statement of intent it will help with those outstanding contract offers to Stephens and Kayal / Dunk situation.

Thank f k we had the Euros (however bad they were) to distract us.

Not even been any rumours of us chasing players ie like Marshall that time.

Come on Albion , give us something to get the juices flowing

I really can't believe we let two experienced defenders go without having something in the pipeline to replace them.
It really does feel we have gone back to that disastrous summer recruitment under Burke.
Come on Albion surprise us with a couple of class signings,

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Most disappointing summer ever!

Mediocre weather (last week excepted) - long-range forecast is more of what we have now.
Lack of (visible) transfer activity, with just a couple of weeks before the start of the season.

Totally underwhelmed and bored.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

I see it differently. The less we spend on unproven talent, the more money is left in the kitty to give proven talent (Stephens/Kayal/Dunk) better contracts.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Most disappointing summer ever!

Mediocre weather (last week excepted) - long-range forecast is more of what we have now.
Lack of (visible) transfer activity, with just a couple of weeks before the start of the season.

Totally underwhelmed and bored.

It's been two years since the Great Sami Hyypia Loanfest - Count your blessings.

We're fighting, so far successfully, to keep our current talent against a backdrop of hemorrhaging £1.5 million every single month.

Get a grip of yourself.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any co-incidence we lost our chief scout end of last season and did not replace?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I see it differently. The less we spend on unproven talent, the more money is left in the kitty to give proven talent (Stephens/Kayal/Dunk) better contracts.

So you are comfortable with the current levels at CB? I fully believe we need 4 proven CB's and which meant we needed one as soon as Greer was released. It is made additionally urgent by two of these players being doubtful for Derby. Having Bruno there or even Hall who by his previous managers admission is not ready for the championship yet would be a mistake in my mind.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So you are comfortable with the current levels at CB? I fully believe we need 4 proven CB's and which meant we needed one as soon as Greer was released. It is made additionally urgent by two of these players being doubtful for Derby. Having Bruno there or even Hall who by his previous managers admission is not ready for the championship yet would be a mistake in my mind.

Dunk,
Goldson,
Honeymonster,
Hall.

Yes, I'm happy with that. Hall was the replacement for Greer, aka fourth choice CB.

Goldson will be back soon, and Hünemeier soon after. So I glad we're not spunking at least a years worth of wages on someone else when Dunk/Goldson will be fine for the Derby game.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Dunk,
Goldson,
Honeymonster,
Hall.

Yes, I'm happy with that. Hall was the replacement for Greer, aka fourth choice CB.

Goldson will be back soon, and Hünemeier soon after. So I glad we're not spunking at least a years worth of wages on someone else when Dunk/Goldson will be fine for the Derby game.

What makes you think Goldson will make the Derby game?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Dunk,
Goldson,
Honeymonster,
Hall.

Guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I think we need another CB and that as stated Hall is for DS with a view to first team. We have no indication when either of Goldson or the German will be back and if the latter end of the season proved anything we need four experienced CB on the books to cover the injuries and suspensions which will always occur.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Because it's a knee knock, which you have to be careful with. He'll get 45 against Lazio, and be fine for Derby.

Hope you are right. He picked up the knock early in pre-season in Tenerife I believe and is yet to have any game time. Even with 45 against Lazio his fitness for Derby must be questioned.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I think we need another CB and that as stated Hall is for DS with a view to first team. We have no indication when either of Goldson or the German will be back and if the latter end of the season proved anything we need four experienced CB on the books to cover the injuries and suspensions which will always occur.

Hall is 4th choice - but was a regular for Motherwell in the second half of last season. Played 19 times for their first-team. So he'd adequate cover.

Goldson has a knee knock, and I'm sure he'll be ready to be picked re Derby. The BFG is taking longer, but will have his sights set on a return. All four all play a part this season, signing a fifth would be a tad extravagant for a club trying to hold on to it's existing talent and losing £18 million a year.

Stumpy Tim

Dunk,
Goldson,
Honeymonster,
Hall.

Tend to agree with that. If we're concerned about the first few weeks we should get a temporary loan in. It's a shame Dallison isn't available, but a loan or Hall should be capable for a couple of games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here