Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'd love to see Ulloa back, but only if Hemed is on his way out, Ulloa is a better player imo, and thats not meant to be disrespectful to Hemed, but he is too similar to both Murray and Hemed, so not what we need.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'd love to see Ulloa back, but only if Hemed is on his way out, Ulloa is a better player imo, and thats not meant to be disrespectful to Hemed, but he is too similar to both Murray and Hemed, so not what we need.
The Austria training camp is at a place called....

Leogang

If that isn't a hint... :albion2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Argus says FIVE or SIX singings expected.

- This is opinion of course, but that seems a fraction 'light'.

- Obviously the 'or SIX'th depends on whether Goldson goes out on loan.

- So, the other FIVE look like being

Striker
Central midfielder
Left back
Utility defender or 3rd goalie
2nd striker who also plays RWing

This raises the possibility of Sanchez being 3rd choice goalie, or if not, the utility defender in the list not being recruited and Rob Hunt being in the squad instead.

I don't think the Argus know anything so I wouldn't worry. For what it's worth, I think it will be six plus a Goldson replacement if needed. The six will be a goalkeeper, right back, left back, central midfielder, winger/number 10, main striker.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
The Austria training camp is at a place called....

Leogang

If that isn't a hint... :albion2:

Really? :lolol: doubt its a hint, but if we fail to sign a striker, i could see the club going for Leo a). To appease the fans and b). Because they do need another striker anyway.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I think we all agree that at least 5 are needed. Lots of work needed and certainly time to see some inroads being made into resolving those deficiencies.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Online, towards end of Dale Stephens article.

"Five or six more signings are expected before the transfer window shuts at the end of August. The squad will evolve for the step up but Stephens believes retaining a tight-knit dressing room will be key to Albion's survival chances."

Granted, 5 or 6 is argus speculation, rather than absolute truth.

Or perhaps its what they've been told or established by talking to er, Paul Winstanley, Paul Barber who they talk to on a regular , daily basis. Naylor, by the way , is attending the pre-season training camp for the first time in years.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Or perhaps its what they've been told or established by talking to er, Paul Winstanley, Paul Barber who they talk to on a regular , daily basis. Naylor, by the way , is attending the pre-season training camp for the first time in years.

I always admire your stout defence of the club in most cases. Honestly accepting we need 5 or 6 signing when will you begin to get concerned about lack of activity? Are you saying that you would be happy to make all of those signings after the season has began however unlikely that may be? For me I would prefer to be further down the road accepting the squad may not be complete until 31st August and am surprised we aren't.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

If we play one up front, and I think we will for a large percentage of the season I would think 3 target strikers is what we would need. Murray, Hemed and A.N Other. Going with two is a risk as we would be one long term injury away from being short. I can't see us letting Hemed leave unless a huge offer came in for him. Strikers are so expensive, I just can't see us buying two.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If we play one up front, and I think we will for a large percentage of the season I would think 3 target strikers is what we would need. Murray, Hemed and A.N Other. Going with two is a risk as we would be one long term injury away from being short. I can't see us letting Hemed leave unless a huge offer came in for him. Strikers are so expensive, I just can't see us buying two.

Even if we do play 1 up. Surely we will still need a 2nd striker option plus someone different to what we have? I fear neither Murray or Hemed will score regularly at PL level. Baldock willing runner though he is, is more of a link player and doesn't offer a major goal threat either. I don't think we will, but if we went into the season with the striker options we have, we would almost certainly be relegated. We need a player with pace, who can run in behind as well as a good finisher etc. This player also needs some time to work with the other strikers and try and develop a partnership with one of them. To stay up we are going to have to win home games against teams in the lower half of the table and that will require playing two up at home at least IMO.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Even if we do play 1 up. Surely we will still need a 2nd striker option plus someone different to what we have? I fear neither Murray or Hemed will score regularly at PL level. Baldock willing runner though he is, is more of a link player and doesn't offer a major goal threat either. I don't think we will, but if we went into the season with the striker options we have, we would almost certainly be relegated. We need a player with pace, who can run in behind as well as a good finisher etc. This player also needs some time to work with the other strikers and try and develop a partnership with one of them. To stay up we are going to have to win home games against teams in the lower half of the table and that will require playing two up at home at least IMO.

It is easy enough to just look at the unused players in the squad and the loans returned to see where CH will want to bring in new faces.

Third keeper - Casper (moved to staff)
Second Striker/Winger - Manu (probable mutual release)
Striker - Akpom (returned loan)
LB - Pocognoli (returned loan)
FB/CB Cover - Tomori (returned loan)
CM - Ince (going on loan)
Wide player - Kaz (sold or going on loan)
CM/no10 - Towell (going on loan)*replaced by Gross

The player you describe is a Manu, or at least a Manu in an another world where he is good at football. We've been linked with a couple.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm sure on a professional level it's excellent that there are no leaks from the Albion regarding recruitment but it doesn't half make for a seriously dull pre-season. I miss the epic will they/won't they threads. I miss all the itk posts, even if most of them weren't in the know. I miss the anticipation.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

I agree and I'm sure we will get that quick striker that either plays as a no.10 or one of the 3 behind the target man.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The only itk ive got, is the next incoming player will be somebody ive never heard of, with a name I cannot pronounce for a while, whilst there will be loads of people on NSC who will know loads about him. Im always amazed. :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The only itk ive got, is the next incoming player will be somebody ive never heard of, with a name I cannot pronounce for a while, whilst there will be loads of people on NSC who will know loads about him. Im always amazed. :lol:
Well, they'll all know he's shit, but I doubt if their knowledge will go much further than that!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No more slow players required....We need some pace and skill and I'd rather we avoided this to be honest.

I agree, but Ulloa's a direct play option as a sub if we need a goal. So we should buy both types.

The problem is he's been trying to force his exit from LCFC over the last 14 months, fuming that he never starts.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
No more slow players required....We need some pace and skill and I'd rather we avoided this to be honest.

Some of the quick players need a slower player to aim at,otherwise they just waste every opportunity in front of goal!

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

True, however, i cant see any of them being happy with being the 3rd choice, for me that would be Hemed, consummate professional last season despite spending a fair bit of it on the bench, if i was him i would wonder what i have done to deserve this, hes got into double figures in both his seasons with us.

Still, that would be Hughton's problem, and im sure he would manage it.

Edit: Assuming A.N.Other is Ulloa.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Is everybody cool? I'm cool. Absolutely no panicking going on here I can assure you all. Just chilling. Paaalenty of time yet.

FUUUCCCKKK!!

F#CK, F#CK, F#CK, F#CK, F###CK!

Just sign some F#CKING players!!

Pleeeeaaase, please God, oh pleeease.:cry:

I'm cool. Everybody else ok?:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here