Page 879 of 998 FirstFirst ... 379779829869876877878879880881882889929979 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,790 of 9973

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assuming Hemed and Baldock are off, the squad currently has two and a half strikers.

Two that are unproven in the Premier League and one who's use by date is up now and will be long gone in 10 months time.

3 strikers got enough game time last season, I accept it's a bit of a gamble to go into a season with 3 unproven strikers esp when Locadia is one of them, who despite that I still think will be better than we've seen, by virtue of the fact he couldn't be much worse and Burker is no longer the head of recruitment.

I think another striker is needed because of our 34 goals last season, the club 'made' 10m on Andone, so there should be room for a 'free hit' player who needs to be a striker.
    Agreed. We have spent barely nothing so far so Winstanley is scouting about with a big briefcase of cash. There’ll be at least one striker more incoming I reckon.
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Assuming Hemed and Baldock are off, the squad currently has two and a half strikers.

Two that are unproven in the Premier League and one who's use by date is up now and will be long gone in 10 months time.

3 strikers got enough game time last season, I accept it's a bit of a gamble to go into a season with 3 unproven strikers esp when Locadia is one of them, who despite that I still think will be better than we've seen, by virtue of the fact he couldn't be much worse and Burker is no longer the head of recruitment.

I think another striker is needed because of our 34 goals last season, the club 'made' 10m on Andone, so there should be room for a 'free hit' player who needs to be a striker.
      Hemed is off for sure - we already have our full quota of non-HGPs ( when we include Maenpaa, Skalak and Hemed ) so something has to give unless we are now only recruiting home-growns.

Baldock - HGP, quoted as still keen to pursue his PL dream in a recent-ish article... 50/50 stay/go I reckon.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Kayal, Skalak, Hemed, Murray, Norwood

0 Not allowed!
      the squad currently has two and a half strikers...one who's use by date is up now and will be long gone in 10 months time.

Glenn Murray is his name I think. And he’s scored 35 goals in the last 2 seasons. Not a bad 34 year old “half a striker”. ..
      Anyway I seem to remember SB (many many posts about our striker failings especially poor Sam Baldock who really gets your goat) that Hughton can’t pick or play strikers for toffee (a “blind spot”) and Albion won’t pay the market rate for em so this whole discussion is a bit moot until presumably the whole rotten lot are turfed out.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Glenn Murray is his name I think. And he’s scored 35 goals in the last 2 seasons. Not a bad 34 year old “half a striker”. ..
      Anyway I seem to remember SB (many many posts about our striker failings especially poor Sam Baldock who really gets your goat) that Hughton can’t pick or play strikers for toffee (a “blind spot”) and Albion won’t pay the market rate for em so this whole discussion is a bit moot until presumably the whole rotten lot are turfed out.
      I think he might have been referring to Locadia as half a striker
      The Disowned Masses

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by blockhseagull View Post
      Maybe 3/4 each?
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter
      I have changed this madinthehead's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Saunders View Post
      Why is he not stil there Benfica got in two new strikers and dont want him. I am not getting the feels for this at 10m euros for a striker who scored 7 goals last season.
      Because Eintracht don't have that kind of budget... outside the top coupla clubs, there is very little money in the Bundesliga. Eintracht may get 50k bums on seats per home game, but don't actually own their stadium..
      Quote Originally Posted by 3-2 5-0 3-1 3-0 View Post
      I'm sorry for being such an arse, I won't do it again.

Wilfried Zaha is not fit to clean Will Buckley's boots.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      Maybe 3/4 each?
      Who knows. But i think we are here with our strikers according to
      SB: Locadia - "disinterested" "Unproven" , Baldock - "Crocked" (or worse) , Hemed "bless him " (or worse) , Ulloa - "disinterested" , Murray - "half a striker","past his use by date". Andone "Unproven" - yet to show whether he's interested i guess.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Agreed. We have spent barely nothing so far so Winstanley is scouting about with a big briefcase of cash. There’ll be at least one striker more incoming I reckon.
      I may be wrong, but l reckon we might be done on the striker front now, and we will hang on to at least one of Baldock/Hemed. A holding midfielder to come in possibly, (replacement for Sidwell), and maybe a centre back, and then we are done, until January at least.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      I may be wrong, but l reckon we might be done on the striker front now, and we will hang on to at least one of Baldock/Hemed. A holding midfielder to come in possibly, (replacement for Sidwell), and maybe a centre back, and then we are done, until January at least.
      I hope ur wrong, think we need anotber real class midfielder and winger.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Anyone writing off Locadia after a few cameos when not match fit is a WUM, a moron or knows nothing at all about football
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff