Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Yes, I like him as a journalist. Except when he has needless digs at the fans as he seems to do time and time again. Our social media/message boards are no different than any other club's who all have a section of fans impatient for signings.

except Stoke City's board of course, whose fans are just wonderful

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
But my point is that is irrelevant. Burnley had a terrible away record last season yet comfortably survived. Our record at home to top teams was very good, but you are ignoring that as it doesn't suit your argument.

This squad will struggle and probably go down without more signings. However, to use last season's away record against top teams as proof seems odd to me
If I've learnt one thing about NSC it's that you can discuss something at length, but still be at the same point hours later. Therefore, I'm going to say one more thing, then I'm signing off...

I guess another way of putting it is that I'd rather our away form last season had been less 'uniform' - win at Newcastle, lose at Rotherham, win at Leeds, draw at Burton. That way you could say that we had the ability, but were inconsistent. Coaches can work on consistency.

However, we were predictable, and that says to me that we didn't have the quality to win the tougher matches i.e. the top 12 away.

Hope you see what I'm getting at, but if not, hey, that's fine.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, let's be honest... we were lucky in that Sam B had his absolute best season (nice one Sam)... unfortunately, once he was injured out of the team, we were forced to play the rather too similar Tomer/Muzza combination, or play very good players in their correct position out of position in the Sam B role... either option was not great, and certainly not good enough for the Prem, IMHO...

But it didn't need to be good enough for the PL. It needed to be good enough for the Championship. In that run of games when Baldock was injured last season, we went on one hell of a winning/unbeaten run.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If I've learnt one thing about NSC it's that you can discuss something at length, but still be at the same point hours later. Therefore, I'm going to say one more thing, then I'm signing off...

I guess another way of putting it is that I'd rather our away form last season had been less 'uniform' - win at Newcastle, lose at Rotherham, win at Leeds, draw at Burton. That way you could say that we had the ability, but were inconsistent. Coaches can work on consistency.

However, we were predictable, and that says to me that we didn't have the quality to win the tougher matches i.e. the top 12 away.

Hope you see what I'm getting at, but if not, hey, that's fine.

Agreed that there's little point in going on about this so I am not going to bother any more after this either. My point is that most teams perform better against bottom half sides. I think I'm right that Huddersfield only got nine points from ten games against the top six (lost twice to Wednesday and Fulham, beat us, Newcastle and Reading once and lost the other) so they got less than half the points we did against those teams and it will mean nothing at the start of next season.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Where should I post if I have the name of a definite, imminent signing? On here or a new thread?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Thanks for the advice everyone, I never hear anything, but if I do I think I will start a new thread then.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Where should I post if I have the name of a definite, imminent signing? On here or a new thread?

I'd not bother with this definite, imminent stuff.

I'd just spend 5 minutes on Football Manager or FIFA until you come across a player who's name you vaguely recognise. Then a quick google to find out if they look unsettled or close to out of contract. Then post a thread with just the players name and the text in the message "could do a job???"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Whatever happend to Dennis Aogo? He signed last week according to [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] but we've heard nothing since. Perhaps Shane Duffy has eaten him?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

I'd just spend 5 minutes on Football Manager or FIFA until you come across a player who's name you vaguely recognise. Then a quick google to find out if they look unsettled or close to out of contract. Then post a thread with just the players name and the text in the message "could do a job???"

Funny you should say that, Adolf Van Nistelrooy looks a real prospect, Dutch\German lad......

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Ketkeophomphone

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Actually Andy Naylor and er, Ian Holloway both had us down as top 2 last season after we'd lost at Newcastle.

Baldock missed a fair few games last season including the whole April / May run in. We got by.

I question both of those quite abit. Especially the Hudds getting relegated prediction from Holloway.

If you had told me on deadline day that, despite only having 3 strikers, we would get 0 injuries to Murray and Hemed and only a few missed by Baldock all season long, then perhaps I would have been more inclined to agree. My point was that it was risky despite our success.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I question both of those quite abit. Especially the Hudds getting relegated prediction from Holloway.

If you had told me on deadline day that, despite only having 3 strikers, we would get 0 injuries to Murray and Hemed and only a few missed by Baldock all season long, then perhaps I would have been more inclined to agree. My point was that it was risky despite our success.

You said nobody would have predicted top 2 at end of August. I found you two. And that it would have been different if Baldock was injured. He was. And it wasn't.
Not if it was risky having 3 strikers or if Holloway couldn't predict every position. It was and he couldn't.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here