Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Aren't we currently at a squad number of 21 not including towell, ince and lua lua who shouldn't be the near the 25.
About a month left so lots of work needed, and the most important work for me. Let's hope for something this week although not convinced

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Aren't we currently at a squad number of 21 not including towell, ince and lua lua who shouldn't be the near the 25.
About a month left so lots of work needed, and the most important work for me. Let's hope for something this week although not convinced

22 with an u21 3rd keeper that may change.

Assuming no outs from the 22 then 3 players need to come in minimum. I would assume this would be Striker, Winger and CM but we could sign a 3rd keeper.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
dread to think how many times i have viewed this thread and been dissapointed !
Haha yes, me too - every update on it, I have that glimmer of excitement as I load the page, only to find just another comment on it rather than any firm info about someone incoming.

(er, just like this comment, actually!)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
22 with an u21 3rd keeper that may change.

Assuming no outs from the 22 then 3 players need to come in minimum. I would assume this would be Striker, Winger and CM but we could sign a 3rd keeper.

25 players over 21

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_F.C.#Current_squad

includes Normann, Ince, Towell, Lualua and only two keepers.

Most likely a striker, central midfielder and a third keeper ?

I think we should fit in another friendly to play the fringe players for 90 minutes. Ince and Lualua are not bad players but looked out of sorts in the friendlies so far. Don't look good enough to face Norwich let alone the Premier League. Kayal looks like he needs 90 minutes as well.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Normann counts as U21 as born after 1st Jan 1996 which is the cutoff date.

So we currently have a squad of 24 including Ince, Towell and LuaLua.

Assuming those 3 go, then we have space for 4 recruits in the 25.
Can't believe those 3 would be in our 25...bloody hell we're in for a fair few battering this season.Imagine if we get 4/5 injuries we'll have sidwell,skalak and lua lua starting etc:(

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Haha yes, me too - every update on it, I have that glimmer of excitement as I load the page, only to find just another comment on it rather than any firm info about someone incoming.

(er, just like this comment, actually!)
Thought I'd get you all excited..........followed by massive disappointment again. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
4 players still to get according to the Argus and just over 4 weeks to go so going to be busy. Included within the are the cm and cf which are the most important in my mind. Who's confident we will get all 4? Me I'm not convinced the cf will head our way. Here's to being wrong.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
4 players still to get according to the Argus and just over 4 weeks to go so going to be busy. Included within the are the cm and cf which are the most important in my mind. Who's confident we will get all 4? Me I'm not convinced the cf will head our way. Here's to being wrong.

O ye of little faith.

I think we'll get all four including a marquee centre forward.

Hope I'm not proved wrong.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The positions quoted by Barber are a little different to what we've been saying on here.

He has said Striker, CM, RB, GK.

Most of us have been saying Striker, CM, Winger, FB/CB cover.

I guess this means 3 things:

1) Rosenior will be our FB cover either side and this new czech kid will be cover for Bruno. This means going into the season with 4x CBs.
2) Our wide players are considered sorted in Knockaert, March, Brown, Murphy and Skalak.
3) Sanchez will not be given the chance to step up and we're (wastefully in my opinion) looking to buy an over-the-hill GK to replace Casper.

It also seems to me, considering some of the wide players we have been confirmed linked to, that Brown has saved us a lot of money which should in turn increase our budget for Striker and CM. It also means Brown will be used a lot more than people imagined.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The positions quoted by Barber are a little different to what we've been saying on here.

1) Rosenior will be our FB cover either side and this new czech kid will be cover for Bruno. This means going into the season with 4x CBs.
2) Our wide players are considered sorted in Knockaert, March, Brown, Murphy and Skalak.
3) Sanchez will not be given the chance to step up and we're (wastefully in my opinion) looking to buy an over-the-hill GK to replace Casper.

It also seems to me, considering some of the wide players we have been confirmed linked to, that Brown has saved us a lot of money which should in turn increase our budget for Striker and CM. It also means Brown will be used a lot more than people imagined.

Lots of people said we need two more strikers which we don't. What Barber said about what we need is what i predicted. We don't need another winger either. I personally wouldn't look for another keeper either. Go with two and if really needed Sanchez. That would free up another place.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be a lot happier with Goldson going out on loan and an experienced 'old head' coming in as back up/mentor to Dunk & Duffy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Ales signs we'll have 21 + 2 under 21s.

This means 4 places left in the 25.

So either,

- We only name 24, or
- One of Towell, Ince or LuaLua gets a reprieve, or
- We are bringing in 4 more ( + Ales ).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Don't forget that Bruno can play, and has played, at CB.
It might even suit him more than right back

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
IMG_7081.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here