Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It could be a busy few days coming up to try and get these in before they head off to Austria on Sunday!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That has been my view for both a cover GK and CB.

About to spend £10m on a full back/midfielder, bid £8m on a CB, have spent £m on one keeper and about to spend £m on another.
Ain't gonna happen. 3 years ago we were like this in transfer market but not anymore. Can afford not to be.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Looks like any player in the UK is going to cost...Therefore low bids have so far proved futile. Clubs we are looking at players basic stance is now 10 mill as a minimum..

As the window progresses we are going to have to up some bids or we simply wont get anything over the line..

Unless of course, as the window draws to a close, (and remember it is earlier this year), the selling clubs are willing to compromise on the fee a little, in order to move on, who may very well be, an unhappy player should he be forced to stay.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
so hopefully by Sunday we will have another 3 players with a combined transfer fee of roughly £15m, bringing our total spend to just over £20m. Selling players so far for around £4.5m with Baldock and Hemed still likley to be sold.

I don't think we are doing too badly so far.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor confirms progress with all these three. Although Tau is "difficult". However Carson and Essende are "nonsense" . Alan Nixon strikes again.
https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/1014876334458327046
In fairness to Alan Nixon - he first broke the Button story - before Naylor mentioned it - and he was surprised about a Carson bid.

I suspect the Button deal had become 'blocked' and the club did make a bid for Carson - just to shift that 'blockage'.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
In fairness to Alan Nixon - he first broke the Button story - before Naylor mentioned it - and he was surprised about a Carson bid.

I suspect the Button deal had become 'blocked' and the club did make a bid for Carson - just to shift that 'blockage'.

This seems similar to the Moore bids scenario and then out of blue suddenly Oconnell....Still think we will get Moore for around 10 mill and add ons..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Slightly underwhelmed so far after a great first signing. Hoping we step things up from here onwards.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Slightly underwhelmed so far after a great first signing. Hoping we step things up from here onwards.

Which is the 'great' one, in your mind? Andone or Balogun?

Because everyone seems pretty pleased with the former, and for me Balogun, picked up on a free, looks far from underwhelming.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

at the prospect of spending £10m on a Brazilian defender, signing someone who's made 200 appearances in the Championship as our #2 keeper, and having signed already a decent World Cup centre back, and a La Liga centre forward. Blimey. Tough crowd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here