Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG does have a bit of a point in a way.

Jow much is left in the warchest after £60 million transfer fees, big sign on fees for especially Balogun and Andone, a new contract for Groß, no doubt another one for Dunk soon, and squad pay rises and wages ?

We need to maximise our incoming fees for sure.

And paying a big fee for a central defender as well looks tricky.

I am glad somerbody else can see my reasoning as we may struggle, hopefully not, and need to buy again in January when prices are at a premium for buying players
and may need to spend more than we want so putting some aside in case seems prudent to me. As many have said TB is a billionaire so he knows what he can afford and what he cant.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BG does have a bit of a point in a way.

Jow much is left in the warchest after £60 million transfer fees, big sign on fees for especially Balogun and Andone, a new contract for Groß, no doubt another one for Dunk soon, and squad pay rises and wages ?

We need to maximise our incoming fees for sure.

And paying a big fee for a central defender as well looks tricky.

No he doesn't... I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever the club has been / is being / will be run brilliantly regarding financial income and expenditure...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's not about following the palace model. It's just that sometimes the budget is spent and further big fees ( £15 million for Moore etc. ) are not possible.

We may need to set aside budget for a new contract for Dunk when Leicester want to spend the Maguire money as well.

Pure conjecture...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am glad somerbody else can see my reasoning as we may struggle, hopefully not, and need to buy again in January when prices are at a premium for buying players
and may need to spend more than we want so putting some aside in case seems prudent to me. As many have said TB is a billionaire so he knows what he can afford and what he cant.

Dear BG,
You are basing ALL of your worries on the square root of **** all, well that and pure unadulterated conjecture... BV seems to be making the same mistake... your way of thinking leads to maximized chance of relegation, whereas our club's actual approach leads to maximized probability of survival... in short, you are being a bit silly...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pure conjecture...
Well yes, but that conjecture is that after Jahanbakhsh the budget is pretty much spent, and most remaining coins could be needed to fund a new deal for Dunk rather than paying £15 million to Reading.

It all depends on the incoming treasure for Skalak, Baldock, Norwood and Towell.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well yes, but that conjecture is that after Jahanbakhsh the budget is pretty much spent, and most remaining coins could be needed to fund a new deal for Dunk rather than paying £15 million to Reading.

It all depends on the incoming treasure for Skalak, Baldock, Norwood and Towell.

Is it ? Two seasons of PL income..........not convinced we've blown it at all

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I reckon that Tony may have a few extra notes down the back of his sofa, but that is pure conjecture...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I reckon that Tony may have a few extra notes down the back of his sofa, but that is pure conjecture...

Tony Bloom has said on more than one occasion, that funds will ALWAYS be there for players, so affording them isn't the issue. Any potential problem arises on whether the club think the player in question is value for money. As we all know Tony won't ever spend more than he thinks a player is worth.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Tony Bloom has said on more than one occasion, that funds will ALWAYS be there for players, so affording them isn't the issue. Any potential problem arises on whether the club think the player in question is value for money. As we all know Tony won't ever spend more than he thinks a player is worth.

Yes, sorry, I was kind of lampooning BG who seems to have zero faith in our club’s leadership’s financial acumen. For the record, I have every faith in our club to not take any unnecessary financial risks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
25 minutes. What shall we fill those endless minutes up with? Your favourite sandwich?
0266F880-8071-4538-B837-D16E53C3F7EC.jpeg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
25 minutes. What shall we fill those endless minutes up with? Your favourite sandwich?
View attachment 98999

What a mess.

Extremely cheap bread.
Rind left on the cucumber.
Bits of chopped chive on the bench, but nary a sign of any in the actual sandwich.
Bits of random other green stuff on the bench and in the sandwich - why?
Cut the crust off the bread - what is this, the 1970s?
Most of all - WTactualF is that white spread anyway?

Total unmitigated disaster.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
What a mess.

Extremely cheap bread.
Rind left on the cucumber.
Bits of chopped chive on the bench, but nary a sign of any in the actual sandwich.
Bits of random other green stuff on the bench and in the sandwich - why?
Cut the crust off the bread - what is this, the 1970s?
Most of all - WTactualF is that white spread anyway?

Total unmitigated disaster.

That’s the spirit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have a look at post no 3 on this thread originating on 15 June 2015. One particular transfer saga is challenging the Andrei Kanchelskis one as [MENTION=355]Juan Albion[/MENTION] commented earlier today. :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well? Where is Iranian Ali?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Someone should start a thread on him :)

I agree. I hear his price could even break our record! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here