Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It might make sense to sell Stephens and use the money to buy Judge. Both good players, and it would mean that we would then have a player on a long term contract.

Both would be about the same price as both only have 6 months left on their contracts.

The Villa bid for Stephens is under the No section. No truth in it.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
If true, I'd be disappointed if we bought in Robbie Keane. He is is not the kind of player we need. A finisher, yes. But he is in no way a back-up or replacement for Baldock as I just cannot see him being close to those energy levels. The way Baldock plays is absolutely key to the teams current success.

Yes, and Sam will continue to play that role. However, if it's 0-0 with 20 minutes to go, Robbie Keane would be a perfect player to bring on.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The Villa bid for Stephens is under the No section. No truth in it.

Not sure you should take his word as absolute considering what's happened in the past. I also happen to reliably know there was something in a name at the end of that 'no' list.

Would not surprise me at all if Villa have been sniffing around.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure you should take his word as absolute considering what's happened in the past. I also happen to reliably know there was something in a name at the end of that 'no' list.

Would not surprise me at all if Villa have been sniffing around.

If Villa had made a bid, we'd have known about it by now. That tweet is 4 days old.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Villa were banging on about singing both Kayal and Stephens in January weeks ago.

Kayal's new contract half-kyboshed that but I'm sure they will bid for Stephens before being told to sling their hook.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Keane as Baldock cover ticks EVERY box for me.

Well, every box except that ****ing celebration. UGH.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I don't know the legal status, but you do hear of bids being turned down.

That's sort of my point. You frequently hear of it, but it may well be that there are many bids that are turned down that aren't reported on. That would, in fact, be my assumption, that far more bids skim under the press' radar than those reported on. I also don't really know if there's a difference between a bid and an informal enquiry.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's sort of my point. You frequently hear of it, but it may well be that there are many bids that are turned down that aren't reported on. That would, in fact, be my assumption, that far more bids skim under the press' radar than those reported on. I also don't really know if there's a difference between a bid and an informal enquiry.

A bid mentions money. Definite money.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's Hughton a few days ago on bids for our players
via: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ght_move___and_Keane_and_Judge_were_on_radar/

"“We haven’t had any. It’s very early in the window and the phone has only just started to ring and the texts are starting to come through.
“But the club has showed, and in particular the chairman, we want to keep all our best players and any offers for any of our players is very much part and parcel of the game and probably a consequence of where we are at the moment.
“These things never phase us and you have to deal with them in the appropriate manner.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here