Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Nothing today / this week.

Boring summer.

What frustrating nonsense

It's frustrating for all of us but there is still a way to go before the season starts and we don't know what is happening behind the scenes. It's a bit pointless getting all negative and down when for all we know there could be 10 signings tomorrow! When we can assess progress after the window closes then it's time to make judgements but certainly not before

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can't see mention of this... there is a snippet in the Standard about Brighton sniffing after TWO young players . . . at Leyton Orient. Can't remember the names. Palarse are also after one of them. I'll have a shufty...

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
1 or 2?...wait for the statement ....'this window has been very difficult, we have tried our best to bring players in but we just can't compete with the likes of Huddersfield and Swansea'.
They can't use the excuse of competing with PL money or parachute payments anymore, either.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yea, I am DELIGHTED that we look like we're going to sink without a trace in our first season in the top flight in my life time. Utterly BESIDE MYSELF with JOY that I have to watch my team go into the season with barely 20 fit PL capable players.

Honestly people, why on earth is anyone going to REVEL in being annoyed or concerned? It just doesn't make sense.

Ahh excellent. Another textbook pre-season meltdown by The Viper. Should see us have a good year again. Now if only we were playing Aberdeen.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Ahh excellent. Another textbook pre-season meltdown by The Viper. Should see us have a good year again. Now if only we were playing Aberdeen.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Three things are bound to happen in a BHA preseason

1. I have a MELTDOWN over our recruitment or our preseason performances
2. We try to SING a striker
3. TSB shows us his sources know very little with at least 1 awful TIP

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Unfortunately, as a club, we become less attractive for a potential new player the longer we struggle to bring in a marquee signing or two. We have slipped down the rankings in terms of who people think will stay up and so will potentially put off players wanting to play for a struggling team. Huddersfield seem to have stolen a march on us and we now struggle to pick up the scraps. Even someone like Gomez at Liverpool is now looking unlikely to come. The recruitment team need to pull their finger out pretty f@@@ing quickly or we are going to be starting the season very much behind the black ball. It's not as if they haven't had the time.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Catch up in January at this rate if we aren't to far behind

January? We'll be well sunk by then. I'm beginning to wonder whether the club were as keen to reach the promised land as we though they were. They are showing little ambition to stay up at present. And yes..in the Premier League you stand little prospect avoiding relegation without spending money.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting that Genki Haraguchi will not be offered a new deal at Hertha Berlin. He is in his final year and has shown interest in a move to the EPL.
A target earlier this summer the Japanese winger is being groomed to play right back this preseason.
Not sure if that makes him more or less attractive to us?
Fee would be up around €3-4m.

@HerthaBSC manager says they will not offer another contract extension to @Haragen24 who is tested as RB atm.
https://t.co/TaZxYwJIQG

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Gomez staying at Liverpool to fight for his place
Looks like another option coming to a close

If Liverpool sign VVD then no matter what Gomez wants, he will be shipped out on loan.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
January? We'll be well sunk by then. I'm beginning to wonder whether the club were as keen to reach the promised land as we though they were. They are showing little ambition to stay up at present. And yes..in the Premier League you stand little prospect avoiding relegation without spending money.

This board never ceases to amaze me. It is just incredible sometimes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Unfortunately, as a club, we become less attractive for a potential new player the longer we struggle to bring in a marquee signing or two. We have slipped down the rankings in terms of who people think will stay up and so will potentially put off players wanting to play for a struggling team. Huddersfield seem to have stolen a march on us and we now struggle to pick up the scraps. Even someone like Gomez at Liverpool is now looking unlikely to come. The recruitment team need to pull their finger out pretty f@@@ing quickly or we are going to be starting the season very much behind the black ball. It's not as if they haven't had the time.

Quick. Someone send on this searing advice to Bloom, Barber, Winstanley and Hughton. They'll no doubt be grateful for it, and it might even encourage them to change their strategy.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Gomez say no according to BBC .... wants to stay at Liverpool....... NEXT

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here