Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Really could do with 5 in an ideal world.

Agree. If you look elsewhere I made the same point. Two simultaneous injuries would be very troublesome. It's all very well saying AK, SM or JM can play as a second striker but that's hardly been proven and it takes away from our strength anyway.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Agree. If you look elsewhere I made the same point. Two simultaneous injuries would be very troublesome. It's all very well saying AK, SM or JM can play as a second striker but that's hardly been proven and it takes away from our strength anyway.
The other problem with striker injuries is that it will weaken our negotiating position to bring in new signings.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
The other problem with striker injuries is that it will weaken our negotiating position to bring in new signings.

Quite right PG. You'd not put it past one or two clubs to make more appealing offers also if they knew we were dangerously light.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Yes, indeed.

While we ideally could do with 5 strikers, I'm not convinced we'll get them.

However, with Elvis and LuaLua going out on loan, we certainly have 2 spare spaces in the squad to fill with strikers, so you never know.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We need to buy someone with real pace immediately, or with Lualua and Manu gone, I can see serious problems ahead for me on fifa17.:rant:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Pinch of salt. He replies to someone asking that Shamrock Rovers are also interested. Common knowledge.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
AN also penned an article in which he said Keane had been considered but was not a top target and Judge wouldn't happen due to his ongoing injury.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What I meant was I suspect the agent has just read the same rumours as the rest of us.

"the agent" - i very much doubt it.
his twitter profile photo is for example a piece of stock photography often used in mens fashion.
I'm guessing thats not his name, not his photo, and not his occupation.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Found this fella on Youtube - he could do a job! :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuLCM-w7MRk

Think people need to be realistic - anyone we bring in (if) has to be content to sit on the bench and wait for an injury to the main 3 strikers - or maybe a bit of squad rotation and FA Cup action.
Good video. Never appreciated before how completely TWO FOOTED is Super Sam...

His stronger foot is his right (he takes his penalties right-footed) but he is highly skilled with his left - including ability to score spectacular goals from outside the box... (e.g. v. QPR at The Amex).

Quality player.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
This was from Andy Naylor about transfer rumours. It seems to indicate there might be mileage in the Keane and Judge rumours.

[tweet]817658832964947969[/tweet]

It might make sense to sell Stephens and use the money to buy Judge. Both good players, and it would mean that we would then have a player on a long term contract.

Both would be about the same price as both only have 6 months left on their contracts.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
"the agent" - i very much doubt it.
his twitter profile photo is for example a piece of stock photography often used in mens fashion.
I'm guessing thats not his name, not his photo, and not his occupation.

Yeah I should have stuck agent in inverted commas. Probably another transfer window fantasist.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It might make sense to sell Stephens and use the money to buy Judge. Both good players, and it would mean that we would then have a player on a long term contract.

Both would be about the same price as both only have 6 months left on their contracts.

Bloody hell. There is absolutely nothing about selling Stephens this window that makes ANY sense whatsoever. Absolutely staggering for anybody to suggest we uproot our most consistent midfield role and mainstay in the team through current form.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
If true, I'd be disappointed if we bought in Robbie Keane. He is is not the kind of player we need. A finisher, yes. But he is in no way a back-up or replacement for Baldock as I just cannot see him being close to those energy levels. The way Baldock plays is absolutely key to the teams current success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here