Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
At Withdean, I agree with you.

Personally I found the slow, low scoring, low win ratio of the Poyet Amex era tedious.

But Hughton's football Jan15 to Easter17 was the best I've seen. Countless wins and goals.

Last season under CH, we scored 74 league goals, under GP in 2012-13,we scored 69 goals.

Your low scoring, low win ratio comment doesn't really hold water

What we did improve was win ratio by less goals, we won 19 12-13 in 16-17 we won 28, hence, we only scored 5 more goals but won 9 more games.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loans won't happen really until Jan 31st in case of last minute injuries to other players.

I can't see us signing off on any Goldson loan until the game at Southampton has finished !
And just think of that Championship team with a completely incompetent recruitment team that can't land the loan CB they need in the first 18 days of the transfer window - just because some other team hasn't got cover in yet. I bet they're getting loads of carp on their message boards!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
At Withdean, I agree with you.

Personally I found the slow, low scoring, low win ratio of the Poyet Amex era tedious.

Faulty memories.

11/12
Btn 2 Doncaster 1
Cardiff 1 Btn 3
Btn 2 Posh 0
Btn 2 Barnsley 0
Derby 0 Btn 1
Btn 3 Saints 0
Btn 2 Bristol 0
Btn 2 Pompey 0
Btn 2 Derby 0

Not forgetting we got to the 5th round of the FA cup

12/13
Btn 5 Barnsley 1
Burnley 1 Btn 3
Btn 3 Sheff W 0
Hudds 1 Btn 0
Btn 2 Bristol 0
Cardiff 0 Brighton 2
Btn 4 Hudds 1
Btn 3 Palace 0
Btn 6 Blackpool 1
Leeds 1 Btn 2
Btn 2 Wolves 0

These aren't just wins, we won more games but games where we scored more than one goal.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It's really that his laid back goal poacher style, doesn't fit with their hard working high press tactics. All players must be committed to relentlessly closing down the opposition.

Ah, ok, I'd heard somewhere he was a disruptive influence, could be wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Last season under CH, we scored 74 league goals, under GP in 2012-13,we scored 69 goals.

What we did improve was win ratio by less goals, we won 19 12-13 in 16-17 we won 28, hence, we only scored 5 more goals but won 9 more games.

Thank you. I should've let you answer for me, instead of having to type out the good results :lolol:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
But he produced the best football spectator watching wise that we have seen for many a year.

i can't let that go. He introduced a new style of football but much of the time it was utterly tedious. Loads of possession but all of it passing between the back four and the goalie. Yes we had moments of great football but nothing as good as the last two years in the Championship under Hughton.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

i can't let that go. He introduced a new style of football but much of the time it was utterly tedious. Loads of possession but all of it passing between the back four and the goalie. Yes we had moments of great football but nothing as good as the last two years in the Championship under Hughton.

See above. Only 5 goals difference.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
thats as maybe - it was still tedious to watch. football under CH has been much better IMHO.

I disagree. We had Vicente, Bridge, Upson and some beautiful goals. Both managers had us playing great football.

Oscar Garcia's season was tedious. I found myself just chatting to my friends as I was so bored.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Seasons 2016/17 and 2012/13 are poles apart.

28 wins and automatic promotion, versus 19 wins and no promotion.

Hughton took us to another level, a season that will live in the memories.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you look up it seems we may have done a singe!

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I disagree. We had Vicente, Bridge, Upson and some beautiful goals. Both managers had us playing great football.

Oscar Garcia's season was tedious. I found myself just chatting to my friends as I was so bored.

I think Oscar did us proud considering the players fit and available to him.

I think of him as our best manager for a long time , pre CH of course.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Seasons 2016/17 and 2012/13 are poles apart.

28 wins and automatic promotion, versus 19 wins and no promotion.

Hughton took us to another level, a season that will live in the memories.

Oh I agree, don't get me wrong, I love CH, I wanted him as our manager before Sami,as I said in another thread, these are the golden years, but, I think it's wrong to 're-write the whole of Poyets tennour, because of the way it ended.We played some great football under Gus, and did score lots of goals, but, too many draws did us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here