Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A player is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for him and I know a Premier manager who rated him at about £8 - £10m when I posted but it seems that both him an I undervalued Dunk and now I would look at £35m plus in the general market, but to us he is worth more than that.

What PL Manager...and how did u know?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Player valuations and targets are subject to individual opinion the best examples being De Bruyne and Salah both bought then sold by Chelsea as not good enough. but look at them now.
I can't remember De Bruyne's performances before City, but Salah was not the player he is now. He's an example of a manager spotting potential and getting a lot more out of a player, and he's obviously worth a fortune now.

You'd be right to say that Dunk is worth a lot more than he was 4 years ago, but not 6 months ago, he hasn't changed much in the last 6 months. Once that daft court case was out the way, he steadily improved in the Championship, and he was great for our last two seasons there. He then proved last year that he could do it in the PL, and the Dunk/Duffy partnership were constantly praised by people like Gary Neville. This year it's just more of the same.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A £25,000,000 price increase in 5 months.

Wow are we talking about a footballer or a garage in Kensington?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is it Neil Warnock?

Out of touch with reality.
A fantasist.
Blower of hot air.
Full of self importance.
Never Wrong.

I doubt it, they have nothing in common. :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What PL Manager...and how did u know?

I will not name him but I know one of his top scouts very well who monitored Dunk over a couple of seasons and that is the value that his boss, the manager put on him. He also pointed out Dunk's weakness at the time, but in fairness to Lewis he has overcome most of those. It is a waste of time posting the details on here as the experts on NSC know better than those that are paid good money to know such details.

I think that it is best for all concerned to just let the matter rest and be grateful that he is still with us and doing exceptionally well and that I under valued him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"I know a Premier League manager" = "I know a scout who knows a Premier League manager".

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I will not name him but I know one of his top scouts very well who monitored Dunk over a couple of seasons and that is the value that his boss, the manager put on him. He also pointed out Dunk's weakness at the time, but in fairness to Lewis he has overcome most of those. It is a waste of time posting the details on here as the experts on NSC know better than those that are paid good money to know such details.

I think that it is best for all concerned to just let the matter rest and be grateful that he is still with us and doing exceptionally well and that I under valued him.
You do realise your argument makes no sense? You posted several times you think Dunk is worth no more than £10m. You backed this up by saying a PL manager agreed. You have said today that you and the PL manager undervalued him. Which means the "experts" on here were right. And now you are arguing that these "experts" opinion has no worth and that you and this PL manager know best about Dunk's value.

Are you Boris Johnson?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you Boris Johnson?
Anything is better than saying "I was wrong".

So far he's lied about the date of his comment & 'knowing' a Premier League manager, as well as throwing a scout under a bus..

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Anything is better than saying "I was wrong".

So far he's lied about the date of his comment & 'knowing' a Premier League manager, as well as throwing a scout under a bus..
That without even starting on how specious the suggestion that a PL scout/manager's view is fact actually is. Like there is a collective wisdom of all professional football staff. If that was the case, Wright and Keane would be Albion legends.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Then so is this well known manager who I have quoted. Player valuations and targets are subject to individual opinion the best examples being De Bruyne and Salah both bought then sold by Chelsea as not good enough. but look at them now.

611b64972710ddaa87e18d1d23902802.jpg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
A player is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for him and I know a Premier manager who rated him at about £8 - £10m when I posted but it seems that both him an I undervalued Dunk and now I would look at £35m plus in the general market, but to us he is worth more than that.

you just can't help yourself can you?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunk looked all of his £10m valuation today, and perhaps a little bit more. :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here