Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We get this article or similar every window. I hate it every time.

Would rather hear nothing than gloom and doom.

At least there wasn't the dreaded 'overheated' word though I suppose.

How exactly is it doom and gloom? It is a massively textbook comment. We are looking for the right player(s), if we don't get them I am comfortable with what I have. I know it is NSC but do you not see how this is a major over reaction to a very typical transfer window quote that many managers will be saying.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
How exactly is it doom and gloom? It is a massively textbook comment. We are looking for the right player(s), if we don't get them I am comfortable with what I have. I know it is NSC but do you not see how this is a major over reaction to a very typical transfer window quote that many managers will be saying.

Quite.

Hughton is hardly going to come out and say "To be honest mate, we're f**ked unless we get a couple of players in. Lord knows this lot can't keep this pace up"

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
CH said we weren't looking for anyone at all a couple of weeks back and then Neil Warnock said we were in for the same striker as Cardiff. It's best ignored largely, he isn't going to give anything away.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Like some others have said, most of our work is completed in the last few days of the window generally. So a little time to wait yet

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Halfway through the window, just OUTS so far in the senior squad.

Will we get anyone in before the Huddersfield game ?

Just 14 days to go to make a singing.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I am not concerned that we havent made any signings but do believe promotion is geared for this year or not for some considerable time probably 3 - 5 years

I agree. It's promotion or bust this season. If we don't go up I don't think we'd be in relegation trouble. But we'd lose most of our best players to Prem teams, And may even lose Hughton, A couple of midtable finishes while bringing in and developing young talent beckons whilst we try to balance the books a bit. Then go for play offs in the seasons after.

Hopefully none of that will happen. And we'll be in the premier league come August.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am not concerned that we havent made any signings but do believe promotion is geared for this year or not for some considerable time probably 3 - 5 years
Some people were saying the same last season.

So, maybe or maybe not :shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I find frustrating that some would like us to sign any player, rather than the right one.

Russell? Is he really an improvement? Would we sign him and then drop him should we reach the PL? If so, what is the point?

Could Towell not provide a degree of cover for Baldock. There is also each of the four wingers each being capable of playing off Murray.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I find frustrating that some would like us to sign any player, rather than the right one.mtyed

Russell? Is he really an improvement? Would we sign him and then drop him should we reach the PL? If so, what is the point?

Could Towell not provide a degree of cover for Baldock. There is also each of the four wingers each being capable of playing off Murray.

I agree about Towell hence I would go full pelt for Keane with an offer of a 1 yr extension if we get promoted. Murray and Keane might not be the combination to strike fear in the Premier defences but would be good back up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree about Towell hence I would go full pelt for Keane with an offer of a 1 yr extension if we get promoted. Murray and Keane might not be the combination to strike fear in the Premier defences but would be good back up.

To old for me. Been playing in a nothing league and whilst the experience is always useful, I really don't think he'll add anything else. Just an opinion.

I like Judge but is he fit/recovered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I find frustrating that some would like us to sign any player, rather than the right one.

Another thought (if SB was to get injured) is we could move to an attacking 4-5-1/4-3-3, with March and Knocky pushed right up alongside GM, and a midfield of Kayal Stephens and Sidwell/Norwood. I kinda want to see that now actually.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To old for me. Been playing in a nothing league and whilst the experience is always useful, I really don't think he'll add anything else. Just an opinion.

I like Judge but is he fit/recovered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judge is apparently very expensive and could he do it in the Premier? It is not known and taking a chance on both his ability and his injury record. If we are going to spend money I would sooner look at Lidbetter at Middlesbro or possibly Huddlestone at Hull.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Judge is apparently very expensive and could he do it in the Premier? It is not known and taking a chance on both his ability and his injury record. If we are going to spend money I would sooner look at Lidbetter at Middlesbro or possibly Huddlestone at Hull.
Weren't Newcastle linked with signing Judge for £650k ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here