Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I keep reading that Matt Ritchie is available from Newcastle for what seems to be decent money.

I for one would be pretty happy to add him to our wide options..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Moved into July........

Things now must now be hotting up..

Moore? Oconnell? Iranian Ali? Barnardo da silva?

hopefully some movement this week!
Moore or O'Connell could run and run.

Iranian Ali is doing his usual of keeping his options open.

Barnardo... could be the next in, I reckon.

:albion2:

And Krul is now officially a free agent, so that may mean some movement on his future, and an impact on the albion's gk plans.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hasnt it often been reported that Albion players are on more than £36k per week and 30 isnt old when you consider how well he played against us at The Amex. I am certain that he isnt the only such player available being out of contract that the recuitment team will be aware of.

He wasn't that brilliant

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
It won't be fully dead until either

- he goes somewhere else
- we sign a different defender
- the transfer window shuts
Exactly that....We went in for a couple of bids, stepped away, returned a week later with new bid, walk away (supposedly) by this time you are getting close to decent price, player gets unsettled and eventually asks to leave..... If you look at it that is what happened with Dale Stephens and Burnley....(we held strong and got promoted, as for Reading...)
My money is that he is the main choice, the noises from Nixon are normal bluff and bluster re ins and outs...Oconell might be a coincidental nudge to all parties that if we dont get deal done we move on...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just to make it clear my 2 or 3 was refering to paying a fee for a player, but I am sure that we will pick up a couple of out of contract players on a free. Interesting to see that Ki has left Swansea for Newcastle on a free. I would have liked us to have been in for him.
By and large, we don't go in for players unless they represent value. Players who are high earners at relegated clubs tend not to fall into this category. I'd say Ki was pretty ordinary anyway. Not a dreadful player by any means, but certainly not a value signing either. We are far more likely to sign a South Korean from a second tier league than from a relegated Premier League club to be honest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Moore or O'Connell could run and run.

Iranian Ali is doing his usual of keeping his options open.

Barnardo... could be the next in, I reckon.

:albion2:

And Krul is now officially a free agent, so that may mean some movement on his future, and an impact on the albion's gk plans.

I will be amazed if we go back in for Iranian Ali actually. Clearly he kept his options open until the World Cup shop window closed - his agent clearly hoping he'd have a good tournament and increase the number of potential suitors. Well it's closed now, and he wasn't all that. His agent will come crawling back to the Albion at some point to explain how very interested his client is in joining our fantastic Premier League club with it's wonderful facilities and so on. At that point, I suspect the club will politely explain our interest has now ended in the player. Either that or will play hard-ball.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Moved into July........

Things now must now be hotting up..
It probably is on the beach Winstano is currently sprawled out in.
Our only hope is when he finally comes back from holiday he brings the Senegalese national team with him.

#NotMyRacism.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It probably is on the beach Winstano is currently sprawled out in.
Our only hope is when he finally comes back from holiday he brings the Senegalese national team with him.

#NotMyRacism.

And we'll end up with one of the Upper West concession stalls selling carved wooden elephants, necklaces and drums?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With Balogun on World Cup leave and Duffy not fit, we are probably pushing things a bit in order to get a new central defender on the trip to Austria on Saturday.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I keep reading that Matt Ritchie is available from Newcastle for what seems to be decent money.

I for one would be pretty happy to add him to our wide options..

So would I...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What’s the deal with Duffy’s fitness? He’s in the club photos doing his pre season testing and training?
Well he had his groin op didn't he. No idea if that's a quick recovery or what.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here