Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We ought to be a little more sympathetic to Winstano.

He has to sing players that will only come good in December 2019.
Tough ask, he deserves his holiday.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah, you were providing a public service for those without access to a calender. I stand corrected.
Yeah sorry, I do it at the start of every month. It probably looked like an odd thing to say if you haven't seen my updates before.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah sorry, I do it at the start of every month. It probably looked like an odd thing to say if you haven't seen my updates before.

:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any new signings cannot play until the FA cup 3rd round so we still have a few days before we start to panic

Well we need to get on with it, we are absolutely desperate for new blood to shake things up :rolleyes:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Any new signings cannot play until the FA cup 3rd round so we still have a few days before we start to panic
They also can't play in the league before Friday, so we won't be facing Samir Nasri.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They also can't play in the league before Friday, so we won't be facing Samir Nasri.

I think because he's a free agent (cos of the doping ban coming to an end coincidentally on Jan 1st) and thus not being signed as part of the transfer window he's available.

"Nasri, who has signed a deal until the end of the season, served an 18-month doping ban for using an intravenous drip treatment but is available to play again from 1 January."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46700310

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think because he's a free agent (cos of the doping ban coming to an end coincidentally on Jan 1st) and thus not being signed as part of the transfer window he's available.

"Nasri, who has signed a deal until the end of the season, served an 18-month doping ban for using an intravenous drip treatment but is available to play again from 1 January."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46700310
I assume he needs international clearance which couldn't happen until today at the earliest and depends how quickly the FA and Turkish FA get it done ? ???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I assume he needs international clearance which couldn't happen until today at the earliest and depends how quickly the FA and Turkish FA get it done ? ???

All the press reports say he is eligible to play against us. Whether he's match fit or not though i doubt it. Perhaps they will give him an u23 outing or two.
"Nasri, who will wear the No.18 shirt, is eligible to face Brighton on January 2, though it could still be a while before he is match fit once more. "
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...r-samir-nasri-on-shortterm-deal-a3988066.html

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All the press reports say he is eligible to play against us. Whether he's match fit or not though i doubt it. Perhaps they will give him an u23 outing or two.
"Nasri, who will wear the No.18 shirt, is eligible to face Brighton on January 2, though it could still be a while before he is match fit once more. "
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...r-samir-nasri-on-shortterm-deal-a3988066.html

Can’t believe he is anywhere match fit for a PL game.......won’t see him start for a month.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't know if Nasri can have trained with Shammers. Not allowed while banned so will have been training alone away from any UEFA affiliated club facility. Official signing today so can't play anyway under EPL agreement

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh bugger.

Play him if they want, I doubt if he is match fit.
Ah good.

Official signing today so can't play anyway under EPL agreement
Oh christ, we've gone full circle. Does that agreement apply to free-agents? I can understand if not, as the agreement is specific to the transfer window, which doesn't affect free-agents.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Oh bugger.

Ah good.

Oh christ, we've gone full circle. Does that agreement apply to free-agents? I can understand if not, as the agreement is specific to the transfer window, which doesn't affect free-agents.

He can play tomorrow

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So West Ham have got their business done early while we're already playing catch-up.

#ChampionshipReady.

:laugh:

Hopefully the French nouveaux Thomas Brolin de jour will lead their line like a bag of soggy French fries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here