Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah! I agree. Embarrassing! Carry on!

Welcome back SM... a truly great poster, with fantastic insight, who posts far too rarely IMHO...

What are your thoughts on the signings we need? I want a full list of squad gaps with possible targets and sources where applicable...

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
So, you are certain we will survive without strengthening!!?? Funny how we have already made 2 signings... perhaps the club don't agree with you!... your posts are beyond stupid...

Of course the club need to strengthen. I'm ridiculing the fact that you seem to think we should have all of our business done by July 4th.

And the fact you contradicted yourself, twice.

As my original post said - we need to take time, carefully pick players who supplement our squad and get value for money. Doesn't always happen 4 days into the transfer window.

Also - you may want to try not insulting those that have a differing opinion to yours. It's all quite school-playground-esque of you.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Welcome back SM... a truly great poster, with fantastic insight, who posts far too rarely IMHO...

What are your thoughts on the signings we need? I want a full list of squad gaps with possible targets and sources where applicable...

Ah! you are to kind! I know I have spectacular insight and my sources are impeccable. Ok. here are my thoughts; we need to sign some players to make the team stronger and thus increase the chances of avoiding relegation from the Premier League. I think in particular we need players who will improve the team so probably need players better than we already have. For example if we decide to sign a new striker it would be helpful if he was someone good and the same logic would apply to any other position. There you are. I hope that clears up any worries anyone has on signings and the upcoming season. I will message CH to ensure he has this information. Smooth sailing from here i think.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course the club need to strengthen. I'm ridiculing the fact that you seem to think we should have all of our business done by July 4th.

And the fact you contradicted yourself, twice.

As my original post said - we need to take time, carefully pick players who supplement our squad and get value for money. Doesn't always happen 4 days into the transfer window.

Also - you may want to try not insulting those that have a differing opinion to yours. It's all quite school-playground-esque of you.

Show me where I (or anyone) said we should have all of our business done by 4th July... you can't...

I have not contradicted myself at all... not once...

Again, show me where I said we shouldn't get players of sufficient quantity in... you can't... oh, and there is a balance to be struck; timeliness of signings is also important, a point you seem to fail to understand...

I'm sorry you can't take a bit of criticism, but it is no more than you deserve... you have posted very little of value and a lot of stupid nonsense...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ah! you are to kind! I know I have spectacular insight and my sources are impeccable. Ok. here are my thoughts; we need to sign some players to make the team stronger and thus increase the chances of avoiding relegation from the Premier League. I think in particular we need players who will improve the team so probably need players better than we already have. For example if we decide to sign a new striker it would be helpful if he was someone good and the same logic would apply to any other position. There you are. I hope that clears up any worries anyone has on signings and the upcoming season. I will message CH to ensure he has this information. Smooth sailing from here i think.

Please make sure Barber & Bloom, as well as Chris, get sight of this truly enlightening post...

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
Show me where I (or anyone) said we should have all of our business done by 4th July... you can't...

I have not contradicted myself at all... not once...

Again, show me where I said we shouldn't get players of sufficient quantity in... you can't... oh, and there is a balance to be struck; timeliness of signings is also important, a point you seem to fail to understand...

I'm sorry you can't take a bit of criticism, but it is no more than you deserve... you have posted very little of value and a lot of stupid nonsense...

I'm sorry, but now you're just showing plain ignorance. You quote replied to my original post saying:

NOBODY said that signings = survival...

And in your next 2 posts, said exactly that. Hence my replies, to your contradiction.

The summary of your posts on this thread are pretty much "Wah wah wah - we haven't signed enough players yet so we're going to get relegated".

My retaliation to your posts, are with regard to you expecting much more business to be completed, than we have. I never questioned the quality of player you would like us to sign. As you're a Brighton fan, I would expect you want us to sign quality.

Timing of signings is important - but not yet. Not when the players have been back in training for 2/3 days. In another week - if we have failed to make any movements before they head off to Austria, then I'd be more inclined to agree with your worry.

I'm happy to debate my opinion and take on constructive criticism - what I don't tolerate is someone saying "you're stupid for not agreeing with my bedwetting".

You do you my friend - I'll enjoy my summer and watch as Albion construct their team for the Premier League. Having trust in the club and hierarchy.

You piss your pants as much as you want.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Today ? lol

been alright up until the last couple weeks. Nice early signing, club record broken , plenty of stupid rumours to get teeth into.

Now its died a death , lost Abraham and then the Argus starts up about money and re setting expectations. Followed by no rumours and silence when everyone expected it to really heat up.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Today ? lol

been alright up until the last couple weeks. Nice early signing, club record broken , plenty of stupid rumours to get teeth into.

Now its died a death , lost Abraham and then the Argus starts up about money and re setting expectations. Followed by no rumours and silence when everyone expected it to really heat up.

I think that's about the sum of it.

Hits home how much we still need to bring in to strengthen the squad when training starts and friendlies start approaching.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Today ? lol

Really ? 48 hours ago the Argus published this story. Other papers went further saying we were prepared to spend > £11m to land the player and would come back with another, higher bid. Informed talk of A c£15m signing. How hot do you want it to be ?

argusdelaney.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Talking to your other ego again?

Fail to prepare is preparing to fail, but how do we know what preparations are in hand?
We know what is finalised but I am 100% sure there are preparations.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Btw if someone wants to have a panic, Ryan isn't going on preseason training, because of his international duties, and needs a holiday, and we haven't got another senior keeper yet.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We
Bournemouth played 7 players regularly in their first season in the Prem who had played for them in L1.

Indeed. I would expect t, and be happy, that Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, Knockaert, March and Murray would be regular starters for us.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Bournemouth played 7 players regularly in their first season in the Prem who had played for them in L1.

There's a lot to be said for continuity, especially in the first season at a higher level. Southampton following their successive promotions another example, Burnley last year etc. We need a few in but we'd not be relegation certainties if we kicked off with the current squad.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Today ? lol

Plenty of stupid rumours to get teeth into...[Now its died a death]

blimey. really ? there's plenty of them still knocking around if thats what floats your boat and you know where to look.
Jackson Irvine, Kieran Gibbs, Ulloa, Musa, Loftus Cheek, Hernandez etc etc.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Thats a work bordering on genius

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Btw if someone wants to have a panic, Ryan isn't going on preseason training, because of his international duties, and needs a holiday, and we haven't got another senior keeper yet.

Would they not delay the signing off of the Walton loan until Ryan returns to training and playing. He has been playing right up until now so wont need pre season fitness and stamina training as much as the rest of the squad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would they not delay the signing off of the Walton loan until Ryan returns to training and playing. He has been playing right up until now so wont need pre season fitness and stamina training as much as the rest of the squad.

Yes, but as he's not going to be playing with our defence, it's not a lot of use.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here