Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
No panic, it's just every transfer window seems to be difficult. I kind of hoped that this one would be different. Not complaining or panicking just saying today's Argus is less that inspiring to read.

Maybe we just need another signing. I cannot get excited about next season just yet.

If we signed no additional players and retained all the ones we had. I'd still be excited for next season.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
No panic, it's just every transfer window seems to be difficult. I kind of hoped that this one would be different. Not complaining or panicking just saying today's Argus is less that inspiring to read.

Maybe we just need another signing. I cannot get excited about next season just yet.

Let the powers that be do their work...I am proud we are not like Palace and just chucking ridiculous amounts of money around to attract players. That would unsettle what we have here.. The spirit and harmony will do us proud next season.. Let's add the right players, not just on football ability. If that takes time so be it!

I have had a couple of Palace fans sneer saying we won't be able to sign anyone decent. I pointed out that they had to sell out to the Yanks to fund their spending habits...I am sure Tony and the board know what they are doing!

Have faith!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm optimistic. We have Chris Hughton Manager for the whole of the summer preparations.

I want to see how our existing players fare. A lot of them: Kayal, Rosenior, Hünemeier, Lualua, Bong, missed most of last season with injuries, I reckon are quick enough to do very well and that is like five new players for a start.

The other 13 teams that matter are hardly setting the world alight with signings, and one club, Newcastle United, have only signed Atsu who would not get near our first team.

Unlike Boro who played 4-2-3-1 in the Championship we have much better options: we can be more defensive when the going gets tough and only play one winger and plug a gap on the left side of our midfield with a new defensive midfielder (hopefully). On the down side I'm not sure Murray's legs are much good for over an hour for a whole season, and Baldock might have to hope he opposition will fall asleep because I don't think he is quick enough and has enough composure and guile in front of goal to beat alert defenders.

We got away with dodgy game management last season and I would like to see us keep the ball better. It would be good if our new left back has a bit of pace, because Oliver Burke showed that our defence could be slow against single player breakaways.

I've far from given up on Lualua. With extra pre-season training he could get back to fitness again. And I would certainly not like to be on the opposing side to him and I would play him ahead of Murphy and Skalák and not behind Solly March when chasing a game.

All bets are off until we get cover at left back as Bong seems injury prone, like March.

I'm not mad keen on the loan players if the other club wants them to play regular games. If they are good enough to play all the time, the likes of Liverpool would want to keep them on board.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Could be worse, you could be a Sunderland supporter! No sign of a new Manager, no new players, players leaving, two key backroom staff have quit. Still trying to sell the club as well.

Yeah I'm pretty happy at the moment with my club thanks! Even if it means having to be patient I have every faith we will get a decent squad together..

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Really? Fortunately that won't be happening

Yep, totally! I'm looking forward to the new season whatever it brings! If Tony Bloom came out and said I want 100m back on my investment I'd still be excited for the new season. As you say, fortunately that won't be happening and we will be signing additional players.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

FFS Icy, just cease the moping. You're moaning about recent transfer windows here, which have resulted in us being promoted for the first time in 30+ years. The same key personnel are still in place, and they will go about their business as they see fit. Wait until the start of the season, and then the end of the transfer window, although I suspect most if not all our deals will be sealed by the time of the former.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FFS Icy, just cease the moping. You're moaning about recent transfer windows here, which have resulted in us being promoted for the first time in 30+ years. The same key personnel are still in place, and they will go about their business as they see fit. Wait until the start of the season, and then the end of the transfer window, although I suspect most if not all our deals will be sealed by the time of the former.

Excellent, so we'll eventually get another Baldock type player after three, or is it four windows then? We got very lucky last year with injuries to forwards and winged it a little imo. We cannot do that this season. Sorry if that sounds like I'm moping.

The recruitment team are quality of course but struggle to tempt forwards. We were very fortunate that both Zamora and Murray really wanted to come here.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Excellent, so we'll eventually get another Baldock type player after three, or is it four windows then? We got very lucky last year with injuries to forwards and winged it a little imo. We cannot do that this season. Sorry if that sounds like I'm moping.

The recruitment team are quality of course but struggle to tempt forwards. We were very fortunate that both Zamora and Murray really wanted to come here.

You aren't and I feel the same way to a certain extent.....

It is a very difficult situation as we need quality not quantity, and frankly it is pointless signing players who are no better than we already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

We got Hemed and Zamora four windows back, Murray on loan two windows back, and as our player one window back. We need quality forwards, that's obvious, but our quality recruitment team are well aware of that. There are numerous factors that make us a really tempting option for strikers. Let's just wait and see what transpires. Bloom, Winstanley and Barber and the scouting team deserve a little slack.

I do actually agree that we were a tad lucky with forward injuries, or lack thereof, last season, despite this, Hemed was out for a while, and Baldock for a couple of times.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Are you seriously moaning again? You moaned during much of last summer (as did others) and said we had no chance of promotion due to our lack of signings. Why not be positive in June? We have more than two months of the transfer window left. I don't get the negativity of you and some others on here. We have plenty of time to make signings and you are moaning again despite being proved so wrong before

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are you seriously moaning again? You moaned during much of last summer (as did others) and said we had no chance of promotion due to our lack of signings. Why not be positive in June? We have more than two months of the transfer window left. I don't get the negativity of you and some others on here. We have plenty of time to make signings and you are moaning again despite being proved so wrong before

So saying that imo today's Albion article in the Argus is less than inspiring is now classed as moaning? OK then :rolleyes:

The club themselves tell us how difficult every transfer window is so stop getting all precious because I repeat what they have said eh? Am I not entitled to suggest that I hoped this season, with all the Premier League money would make getting players easier, without you jumping down my throat? No I didn't expect to get auto promotion last season, I doubt I was alone.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here