Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Mateju aside we will sign 5 more by my reckoning.

A striker
A winger
A central midfielder
A defender who can play centre back & right back
A third keeper

I reckon 2 of those might be in before Man City

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Mateju aside we will sign 5 more by my reckoning.

A striker
A winger
A central midfielder
A defender who can play centre back & right back
A third keeper

I reckon 2 of those might be in before Man City

Mateju aside we won't sign anyone before Man City, imo all our business will be done in last week of window! We may even have a Sky reporter standing on the Pavement at Lancing on Aug 31st!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Mateju aside we won't sign anyone before Man City, imo all our business will be done in last week of window! We may even have a Sky reporter standing on the Pavement at Lancing on Aug 31st!

Go to bed you are making me depressed.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Go to bed you are making me depressed.

Sorry Spence, I feel your pain...it didn't help that I've had to work in the sodding rain all night! To ease your sorrow I have it on good authority that we will win against Man City (2-0) and get 4 more points against Watford and Leicester! Then everyone will want to come and play for the best club in the World! Hope this helps...sleep well and dream hard my friend xxx

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Twitter reports tonight........

£15m offer for Jovetic ACCEPTED
£10m BID for Lawrence
LOAN deal for Niasse
BID expected for Forshaw

Just saying :shrug:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Well we need 4. Don't believe we will get any first team players in before city. All the stuff you read indicates that to be the case. As for before the window I sadly think we will end up missing out on the striker with the usual caveat of we can look again in January if needed.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Well we need 4. Don't believe we will get any first team players in before city. All the stuff you read indicates that to be the case. As for before the window I sadly think we will end up missing out on the striker with the usual caveat of we can look again in January if needed.
If needed..... ???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Hughton has said multiple times that a striker is needed. So the "if" is you either thinking the club are liars or thinking we're incapable of closing any deal in next 4 weeks due to what I'm not sure.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Hughton has said multiple times that a striker is needed. So the "if" is you either thinking the club are liars or thinking we're incapable of closing any deal in next 4 weeks due to what I'm not sure.

I don't think the club are lying. I sadly dont have your confidence that they will close a deal for a striker. I truly hope you are right but I've never subscribed to the mantra that either better players become available nearer the window close or that prices will come down. I just don't think we find the value we crave sadly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think the club are lying. I sadly dont have your confidence that they will close a deal for a striker. I truly hope you are right but I've never subscribed to the mantra that either better players become available nearer the window close or that prices will come down. I just don't think we find the value we crave sadly.

Not helped by the fact that as at least the last 5 windows have slammed shut the clubs first statement has been words to the effect of:-

'we'll now turn our attention to the loan market for a striker'.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

At present I am of the view that we WILL get the strikers needed. Mr Barber stated in February that all plans for us being in the Premier League must be in place by the end of May or we will be in trouble, he must have those deals lined up. As we know players are free to discuss possible moves in their last six months of their contracts, he surely has the deals in place and ready to go before the transfer window closes yes?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't think the club are lying. I sadly dont have your confidence that they will close a deal for a striker.. I just don't think we find the value we crave sadly.

Not helped by the fact that as at least the last 5 windows have slammed shut the clubs first statement has been words to the effect of:-'we'll now turn our attention to the loan market for a striker'.

You keen followers of the club must have missed the signing of a striker last summer and the summer before who between them last season racked up 36 goals between the sticks.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon we'll get the striker before Man City but the other 3 may come later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here