Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tau in...

Tau out...

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Tau me...

Tau you...

000029fa5-Chuckle1edit.jpg

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Here Tau-day...

Gone Tau-morrow...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ali JB... your time has come... put your pen on the paper we present to you please...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
without either selling or sending 2 or 3 out on loan where would 2 additions fit in what has happened to Murphy and Rangers has he joined them?

Let me explain:
We do NOT have 4 CB's, we have 3...
We do NOT have 4 wingers, we have 3... Skalak is NOT up to Prem standard...
We therefore have 2 very obvious gaps in our rather good squad (excepting the gaps)...
Player sales / loans out can happen before, during or after, the acquisitions we need...

OK?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
P.S. Read CH's comments on this, you will see he is saying we need a CB and winger... OK?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Let me explain:
We do NOT have 4 CB's, we have 3...
We do NOT have 4 wingers, we have 3... Skalak is NOT up to Prem standard...
We therefore have 2 very obvious gaps in our rather good squad (excepting the gaps)...
Player sales / loans out can happen before, during or after, the acquisitions we need...

OK?

We have 3 CBs plus White with League experience and great potential to occupy the 4th position if needed plus Bernardo and Bruno if needed as the 2nd CB
We have 3 wingers plus Skalak a Czech international plus the potential of Tilley and Gykores to occupy lower order choice.

Yes in an ideal world we would like the 2 more signings but it isnt the end of the world if we do not get them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We have 3 CBs plus White with League experience and great potential to occupy the 4th position if needed plus Bernardo and Bruno if needed as the 2nd CB
We have 3 wingers plus Skalak a Czech international plus the potential of Tilley and Gykores to occupy lower order choice.

Yes in an ideal world we would like the 2 more signings but it isnt the end of the world if we do not get them.

White, Tilley and Gyokeres will get nothing out of being 4th choices, they need to be playing in order to develop. Skalak isn’t PL quality. Much as I love Bruno, if he’s at CB, with our record on set pieces, we’re ****ed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rather than spend a fortune on a 4th choice either CB or winger I would sooner we named a 24 man squad and kept a vacancy for an old experienced player to be signed on a short term contract if it becomes necessary or use an U21 year old player.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Rather than spend a fortune on a 4th choice either CB or winger I would sooner we named a 24 man squad and kept a vacancy for an old experienced player to be signed on a short term contract if it becomes necessary or use an U21 year old player.

It’s prudent to prepare for the injury crisis we had in 15/16. Let’s not get carried away by the fortune we had last season. Injuries to Jose & March plus suspension for Knocky and we’re in trouble out wide. Same at centre back if Dunk, Duffy and BaloGUNS are out. And if Groß is gone for most of the season, who plays number 10?

You should be thanking your lucky stars for our next two signings and hailing the genius of Winstano and his team from your rooftop (but please, please don’t do a Rod Hull, we’d miss you).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It’s prudent to prepare for the injury crisis we had in 15/16. Let’s not get carried away by the fortune we had last season. Injuries to Jose & March plus suspension for Knocky and we’re in trouble out wide. Same at centre back if Dunk, Duffy and BaloGUNS are out. And if Groß is gone for most of the season, who plays number 10?

You should be thanking your lucky stars for our next two signings and hailing the genius of Winstano and his team from your rooftop (but please, please don’t do a Rod Hull, we’d miss you).

I am in favour of recruitment but not at the detriment to our financial future. and any glaring signings that we need in January to stay in this league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As well as Towell and Norwood, we'd have to move on Mattias Normann and the injured Ahannach to be allowed to do this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chuba Akpom is heading for the Arsenal exit, with a £2million return to Belgian side Sint-Truiden the likeliest outcome for the 22-year-old striker.

Akpom spent the second half of last season on loan at Sint-Truiden where he impressed, scoring six goals in 16 Jupiler League games.

Although Akpom returned to Arsenal for pre-season, he is not in Unai Emery's plans and Arsenal are looking for roughly £2m for his permanent signature.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Chuba Akpom is heading for the Arsenal exit, with a £2million return to Belgian side Sint-Truiden the likeliest outcome for the 22-year-old striker.

Akpom spent the second half of last season on loan at Sint-Truiden where he impressed, scoring six goals in 16 Jupiler League games.

Although Akpom returned to Arsenal for pre-season, he is not in Unai Emery's plans and Arsenal are looking for roughly £2m for his permanent signature.

£2m ???

The world has gone actually mad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here