Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hey, as long as the rose-tinted spectacle-wearing dullards are happy, then I suppose we all should be! Is that it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So we've had an extra month to bring in signings and yet we don't have much to show for that advantage.

How are Newcastle shaping up just out of interest?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Hey, as long as the rose-tinted spectacle-wearing dullards are happy, then I suppose we all should be! Is that it?

Everyone is entitled to feel however they want about our current transfer dealings. However there are some bloody stupid comments on here that imply that Bloom, Barbour and Houghton no less than the fans and are not bothered about competing next season. THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Too ****ing slow as usual. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. This should be stamped on Barber's forehead.

Yep, it's solely down to Barber. It doesn't include Hughton or Winstanley or anyone else at all. Oversimplifying matters doesn't help.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Instead of being so negative, why don't you find another team to support? I think you will find that the team running the club know considerably more about recruitment and our requirements for the coming season than you do.

It's precisely because I support the club that I'm making the valid point I'm making. If you don't like it, then that's your problem. And don't tell me who to support. You have absolutely no right to do so.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So we've had an extra month to bring in signings and yet we don't have much to show for that advantage.

That depends on what you call much. I think the signings we've had so far, are good. I'm not prepared to write them off before they've had a chance to show us what they can do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well they already had a better squad than us to begin with and they have brought in more first team players while investing 30 million pounds thus far.

So they are doing better than us to answer your question.

They've only signed 5 players, to our 4 have they not?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's precisely because I support the club that I'm making the valid point I'm making. If you don't like it, then that's your problem. And don't tell me who to support. You have absolutely no right to do so.

It's a valid point in your eyes only. Don't tell us how to support the club, or insulting us as rose tinted spectacle wearing dullards.
It works both ways.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That depends on what you call much. I think the signings we've had so far, are good. I'm not prepared to write them off before they've had a chance to show us what they can do.

I'm not writing them off. I'm saying we have brought in good honest players.

We haven't brought in anyone who has that X factor that we'll need to compete at the highest level.

To me Gross is the only player we've added to the squad that looks like he'll improve the squad from our Championship squad. As such thus far I think we've failed to bring in players who impact games for us in the PL.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Amazing that people think that the club that started prepping for the 2016/17 season the day after we lost in the play off semi final are not bothered about being organised for our 1st season in the Prem!!

Nobody is accusing them of not being bothered. Now, bleating endlessly on in the press about over-inflated market prices, that tells another's story of Barber and co just not facing the facts that you can't beat the market. A lack of realism or living in denial would be accurate criticisms.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
In The Racing Post Big Kick Off special today, they reckon we will finish 17th with Burnley, Stoke and Udders to be relegated.
Also Didi Hamman has us staying up with Newcastle Swansea and udders going down.
#indidiwetrust

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It's a valid point in your eyes only. Don't tell us how to support the club, or insulting us as rose tinted spectacle wearing dullards.
It works both ways.

It's a valid point full stop. Enjoy your blissful ignorance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I assume such a player has been bought of a practical fee, but I'm struggling to think of a completed transfer that has made me think 'that's the deal the Albion should have done'.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I assume such a player has been bought of a practical fee, but I'm struggling to think of a completed transfer that has made me think 'that's the deal the Albion should have done'.

And that is because the market is the market, and market prices are market prices, and nobody, not even Tony, can alter that fact. It's put up or shut up, I'm afraid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And that is because the market is the market, and market prices are market prices, and nobody, not even Tony, can alter that fact. It's put up or shut up, I'm afraid.

Yeah I get that, and I agree with it, but the market has different levels.

I'm just curious as to who has been sold in the free - £15m (bargain basement) bracket, that could have been THE deal for the Albion?

It's one thing us all expecting more from the club so close to the start of the season, but shirley if no deals are happening it's less of a surprise.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here