Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think that we will sign an out of contract old keeper on a free as 3rd keeper. We do not need another winger or CB urgently as we have signed Balogun so again possibly an OOC oldie as 4th choice if needed. So my 2 to sign and spend money on would be a CM and a utility defeneder. The possible 3rd could be a CB like MOORE but as I said not needed at the moment. I think a couple from the U23s could be in the squad probably under age so no need to be named.

So you are not counting your keeper signing in your 2-3 ?

:facepalm:

You really mean 3-4 signings from your text above.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think that we will sign an out of contract old keeper on a free as 3rd keeper. We do not need another winger or CB urgently as we have signed Balogun so again possibly an OOC oldie as 4th choice if needed. So my 2 to sign and spend money on would be a CM and a utility defeneder. The possible 3rd could be a CB like MOORE but as I said not needed at the moment. I think a couple from the U23s could be in the squad probably under age so no need to be named.

Gotcha . But none of this is happening or will happen.

Out of contract keeper - except club are chasing an in contract Button for ££ and 3rd keeper

Ooc oldie CB - except club have just bid £10m for a 25 year old CB

No winger - except club are sniffing around a couple of ££ wingers

And presumably based on recent bids for nick Powell and paddy McNair - Also after a expensive young CM

Couple from the under 23s in squad - so we won’t actually name a 25 ? - we will name a 25.

In my view.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Gotcha . But none of this is happening or will happen.

Out of contract keeper - except club are chasing an in contract Button for ££ and 3rd keeper

Ooc oldie CB - except club have just bid £10m for a 25 year old CB

No winger - except club are sniffing around a couple of ££ wingers

And presumably based on recent bids for nick Powell and paddy McNair - Also after a expensive young CM

Couple from the under 23s in squad - so we won’t actually name a 25 ? - we will name a 25.

In my view.

Spot on. I think BG is having a ‘senior’ moment, so go easy on him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I’m sticking with my minimum 4 new signings prediction: keeper, cb, cm, winger. I suppose keeper still might be Tim.

I would certainly look for another striker too, and off both Sam B and (less urgent) Tomer H.

Final thought... how about Nick Powell to cover for Gross? Is he still at Wigan?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just to make it clear my 2 or 3 was refering to paying a fee for a player, but I am sure that we will pick up a couple of out of contract players on a free. Interesting to see that Ki has left Swansea for Newcastle on a free. I would have liked us to have been in for him.

Last edited:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Just to make it clear my 2 or 3 was refering to paying a fee for a player, but I am sure that we will pick up a couple of out of contract players on a free.

Do you think we are on some sort of economy drive when the rewards for staying up are so enormous? Don’t you think Tony realises this?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I must be tired as I'll play.

Ki was reportedly on £36,000 a week at Swansea.
I'd trust the Albion to spend a sum in that ballpark on a better player who wasn't approaching his 30th birthday.

But I guess that just makes me wrong.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hasnt it often been reported that Albion players are on more than £36k per week and 30 isnt old when you consider how well he played against us at The Amex. I am certain that he isnt the only such player available being out of contract that the recuitment team will be aware of.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
That's exactly the point though. The recruitment team will be aware of them and for whatever reason they are choosing to look elsewhere for players that present better value

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here