Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely we currently have 8 HGP's in our first team squad, unless any leave: Baldock, Duffy, Dunk, March, Murray, Norwood, Steele, and Stephens.

It's easy to forget Norwood who was in the Championship team of the season 3 years ago, Since then he has been in two Championship promotions squads for us and Fulham. No doubt we are looking for upgrades in all squad positions, but in the meantime we have 8 HGP's.
Yes, you right - I forgot Norwood.

Although I'm not convinced he has more than a minimal chance of being in our 25 man squad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could you sign an unattached player after the first game and add them or is the door firmly shut after the first game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes - but only if all other aged over 21 players are off the books ( Norwood, Towell, Ahannach, Mateju, etc etc ).

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I'll bet you 3 packets of Toffos that Norwood is not named in our August 2018 25-man squad.

Maybe, but he is a better midfield player than Paddy McNair who was recently a £5m transfer target of ours.

However if McNair was being touted as a back up centre back, he is not as good as Aiden Flint of Bristol City. It looks like Flint is available for £7m and he is the type of centre back who could compete with Duffy.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Maybe, but he is a better midfield player than Paddy McNair who was recently a £5m transfer target of ours.

However if McNair was being touted as a back up centre back, he is not as good as Aiden Flint of Bristol City. It looks like Flint is available for £7m and he is the type of centre back who could compete with Duffy.

thinks hes signing for Boro

Looks like we are interested in Dragovic!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
West Ham also interested in Dragovic, and likely to offer him stupid money. Flint is a HGP and affordable. Surely we can hi-jack Middlesbrough's bid for Flint. After all, we supposedly bid for Flint in the last Jan transfer window.

Good call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It seems very quiet for all clubs. There is going to be an almighty rush for signings for all sides between the end of the world cup and the transfer deadline - that is less than 4 weeks.

Yep. With the window closing earlier this year AND the World Cup stopping any activity it's going to be very busy.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Yep. With the window closing earlier this year AND the World Cup stopping any activity it's going to be very busy.

I for one think this is a good thing. There is so much brinkmanship with activity generally concentrated until near the end of the window. If this is the case why not make the window shorter and cut down the time wasting?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here