Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The noises coming out the club via Naylor and barber on the radio don't sound encouraging as regards the striker. Get the impression our expectations are being managed. If that's the case we are about to commit premier league suicide.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The noises coming out the club via Naylor and barber on the radio don't sound encouraging as regards the striker. Get the impression our expectations are being managed.

I don't think we're the intended audience for any noises coming out of the club; selling clubs are. The more keen/desperate they think we are, the more they'll cash they'll demand, so let every word said in public play that down...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Seems more like a desperation scattergun approach to me than the fabled 'cluster' recruitment. I wonder if anyone still toeing the line will suggest this is all being calculably orchestrated.

Throw some bids around for some promising strikers, get rejected on a first bid and end up with Barnes and Success. Maybe not even them, since Naylor brought expectations down from two strikers down to one and more recently Barber from one striker down to zero.

Let's hope it's all a bluff.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Winstanley resignation letter must be freshly penned if this is true

Absolutely appalling if true. Even as the loan option with another good striker coming in. TB would want more than this. Still think the club will do better than this.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don't think we're the intended audience for any noises coming out of the club; selling clubs are. The more keen/desperate they think we are, the more they'll cash they'll demand, so let every word said in public play that down...

Exactly - Hughton said a few days ago he was happy with defensive numbers. We're now signing 2 today (albeit one extra if CG goes on loan)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Absolutely appalling if true. Even as the loan option with another good striker coming in. TB would want more than this. Still think the club will do better than this.

Success makes niasse look like lukaku

I think fans taking the piss out of palace could end with some serious egg on face!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
The noises coming out the club via Naylor and barber on the radio don't sound encouraging as regards the striker. Get the impression our expectations are being managed. If that's the case we are about to commit premier league suicide.

They can spin in how they want if that's their plan. Fact remains we have an injured Murray, who I don't think can cut it for 90 mins in the Prem especially when isolated (still believe he can play a part though), Hemed who is even less of a threat and the frequently injured Baldock who is not proven at all in the top league. This has been the case since April if not before. I hope the noises are part of a plan to not look that desperate. Not that other clubs are listening as it's their transfer deadline day too.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
We simply must must must sign a striker or 2 today otherwise we are fecked. I don't care if it's a championship striker at 11:59 if we can't do any foreign deals. Even Billy Sharp is better than Hemed

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The noises out the club wont be heard by any foreign clubs selling. What absolute tosh

Its put out there for us , the fans.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The noises out the club wont be heard by any foreign clubs selling. What absolute tosh

Its put out there for us , the fans.

Take the talk with Deportivo over Andone for example - we've allegedly already bid £17m but they want more. Do you really think TB/PB will risk putting anything out there that might give Deportivo a reason to think they can get away with upping their asking price by another million or five? Of course they're not.

No, Deportivo probably aren't listening to Talksport - but TB/PB realise that anything they say on Talksport might well get picked up by Sky etc. If they said "we need a striker and realise we'll just have to pay whatever it takes" and that made it onto Sky Sports News, then yes I reckon Deportivo would hear it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here