Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Lots of people said we need two more strikers which we don't. What Barber said about what we need is what i predicted. We don't need another winger either. I personally wouldn't look for another keeper either. Go with two and if really needed Sanchez. That would free up another place.

The thinking for me at least is that Brown is our cover for Gross and has replaced Towell in the squad. Which would mean we'd still need to replace Kaz. I guess since Brown can play in a few positions it means we don't have to replace like with like. Agree on Sanchez.

Don't forget that Bruno can play, and has played, at CB.
It might even suit him more than right back

Yep, I had thought exactly that after I posted, he did pretty well there at the start of last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You haven't mentioned Hunemeier.

As much as I rally against the need for 'Premier League experience' if for no other reason than the cost that incurs.
I do think that's something D & D need this season.

Sadly as I've paid next to no attention to the Premier League I always come up short when asked - 'who?'.
My stock answer being not John Terry.

Had Phil Bardsley been a centre back, that's the kind of CV I'd be wanting the Albion to sign.
30+ - 10 years in Premier League - well over 200 appearances, any ideas who might fit that profile?

While Goldson get a full 40 game season with a decent Championship club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As much as I rally against the need for 'Premier League experience' if for no other reason than the cost that incurs.
I do think that's something D & D need this season.

Sadly as I've paid next to no attention to the Premier League I always come up short when asked - 'who?'.
My stock answer being not John Terry.

Had Phil Bardsley been a centre back, that's the kind of CV I'd be wanting the Albion to sign.
30+ - 10 years in Premier League - well over 200 appearances, any ideas who might fit that profile?

While Goldson get a full 40 game season with a decent Championship club.

For once I completely agree with you re Phil Bardsley, a tried and tested Premier League veteran over many seasons. I though would sign him to play in his favourite position of right back.

Bruno wil be 37 very soon, and l have serious worries that he will be able to cope with a season in the Premier League. I know that Bardsley isn't that much younger, but those ten seasons in the Premier League will hold him in good stead, and could prove so vital..

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Younes Kaboul? James Collins?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Younes Kaboul? James Collins?
Thank you, it appears I now have an answer or 2.

James Collins' CV is pretty much exactly what I've been bibbling on about.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do not let Kaboul anywhere near our club as he is a very experienced failure at all of his Premier clubs and a defensive liability. It beats me that clubs have signed him, but note it is only when desperate. Spurs saw the light.
According to some on here, we ARE desperate! (I do not agree, btw).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Anyone heard anything about Ante Rebic, a Croatian international winger from Fiorentina?

A Huddersfield fan reckons they are close to singing him, but we are interested

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We should be pushing the boat out to sign Jota from Brentford. A snip at just £8M; and just oozes quality.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Scored in a struggling side last year, not prolific by any means but a proper no9! Will sign this week imo!
Would be a good signing - and now also my 'most hoped for signing'.

At least we seem to have a decent working relationship with Valencia, so maybe this one is happening :rock:

Last edited:

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
As I stated last night at 20.04 on another thread and re affirmed this morning my monies on Negrado coming here. Heard it at hospitality on Friday at county ground!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here