Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
With akpom gone and SB injured it is absolutely scandalous ...Outregous in fact .

Literally no striking options in the bench unless a like for like .

With our match winner ak injured how the hell are we thinking we can start the prem with 2 strikers .

Scandalous

Not sure what language we're going to have left for a real travesty (selling a ground perhaps ?) if a minor injury and buying a few players late in a transfer window is a "scandal" and "outrageous."

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not sure what language we're going to have left for a real travesty (selling a ground perhaps ?) if a minor injury and buying a few players late in a transfer window is a "scandal" and "outrageous."

No signing thread so fair game .

Just reading the fact we have 1 striker available for tomorrow hit it home further .

What if hemed gets a knock .

Come on now , It's piss poor .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No signing thread so fair game .

Just reading the fact we have 1 striker available for tomorrow hit it home further .

What if hemed gets a knock .

Come on now , It's piss poor .

Of course it's fair game but it's not a scandal. Or outrageous. Albion have a long history of that as we know. This by a long long way isn't that. Save that for where it was warranted in the 90s etc

Frustrating, not ideal, disappointing, unfortunate- take your pick . But scandal. ?? Come on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another upbeat piece in the Argus today about how we are down to one striker on Sunday as Murray can't play and hemed can cement his place against city. One week to go and one available striker. Whatever way it is dressed up that's a poor position to be in. After Abraham nothing, so much for the cluster type policy.
Don't see anything changing in a week, let's be honest the club have been hinting via Naylor for a while that we will go as we are currently.
I wish I had confidence that all will be well leaving it late like we appear to have decided to do.

Have I missed something? Why can't Murray play?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure how only having one striker available, as a Premier League team, can be seen as anything but piss poor planning. It's not like we haven't needed more strikers for over a year now. Please don't tell me we had enough to get promoted with, we were very very very lucky that Baldock was the only one one of the three who missed many matches.

Anyone know the stats on how many first team squad strikers all the other Premier League teams have. I bet no other team has just three.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

For this subject it is .

Perspective of bigger things of course not but for this subject within this thread it's outrageous we've had 3.5 months and head into tomorrow's game with just hemed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should Hemed play on Sunday?

It'll be safer to have Kaz and Ince as the big man little man combo.
Better to have that in a friendly as opposed to v Man City, in front of a global audience of millions.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
As I'm ever the optimist I hope young Connolly gets a runout against Atletico. What an experience for someone so young.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Also think we should of kept Norwood don't get this window at all. Other clubs have excepted fees are higher and have continued to assemble their squads. We have got weaker with the injuries situation.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For this subject it is .

Perspective of bigger things of course not but for this subject within this thread it's outrageous we've had 3.5 months and head into tomorrow's game with just hemed

We need to stop letting the club off by saying it's had only 3-5 months.

The club has had at least 2 seasons and 4 windows to prepare for now.
As a beaten play off team, then top 2 for an entire season, the club has had considerably longer than 5 months.
Esp as all through that time, and beyond, it's had various failings up front.

Huddersfield have had 9 weeks to fully commit to being a Premier League club.

Irrespective of the level of importance placed on the preparation needed (even though we have always been told that's the only thing the club has been working towards) the Albion have had years not just a few months to be Premier League ready.

Last edited:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Also think we should of kept Norwood don't get this window at all. Other clubs have excepted fees are higher and have continued to assemble their squads. We have got weaker with the injuries situation.

It's my belief that we assumed we were getting another CM at the time of Norwoods departure, that deal obviously never materialized, we were clearly under no obligation to ship him out as even later on in the window we would've had a queue of championship teams willing to take him. That decision now appears puzzling.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

This as well. Ignoring one striker on Sunday why did we let Norwood go and then not move swiftly to replace. Bruno played midfield on Tuesday since Sidwell was not around. How can that be ideal? With the forward situaton and this I don't get the clubs recruitment model.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Club seem more concerned about a handful of tickets on Viagogo than building a squad to at least give CH a chance.

Uwe, Jamie Murphy, Shane Duffy, Sam Baldock, Stephen Ward, Crofts, Orlandi, Zamora, Spanish Dave, Vicente, Goldson were all bought or loaned by Albion in August in previous seasons.
You can build a squad, and nearly everyone does, to give the manager a chance by buying players before the transfer window is shut but after the end of July.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here