Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
GM is all but done, a ruthless club would wave goodbye and have him leave on such a high.
Instead he'll play out a cameo season.
As said before I still have high hopes for Locadia but that isn't based on what he's done for the Albion, despite being plenty fit enough to play from 5th round of the FA Cup onwards.
There's definitely room for another striker behind him and Andone.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
GM is all but done, a ruthless club would wave goodbye and have him leave on such a high.
As said before I still have high hopes for Locadia but that isn't based on what he's done for the Albion, despite being plenty fit enough to play from 5th round of the FA Cup onwards.
There's definitely room for another striker behind him and Andone.

Glenn himself said he sees his role changing to being more of a squad player but you do need a squad! He is an excellent option based on last season. Andone's style of play is going to make him a prime candidate for the hook on 70 mins. But yes, as I mentioned earlier, I think there'll be another incoming.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thought of Groß + movement in front of him very exciting.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As said before I still have high hopes for Locadia..

5 minutes ago you said he was “disinterested”. Now you have “high hopes”

And now Murray should be “leaving on a high”
when a minute ago he was well past his use by date, and at fault for Albion only scoring 34 goals this season (most of them against West Ham”) because he’s er, old.

I can’t keep up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
5 minutes ago you said he was “disinterested”. Now you have “high hopes”

And now Murray should be “leaving on a high”
when a minute ago he was well past his use by date, and at fault for Albion only scoring 34 goals this season (most of them against West Ham”) because he’s er, old.

I can’t keep up.

No I didnt.

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
Humemeier - > Balogun
(Hemed) - > Andone

Rosenior - > ???
Sidwell ( Ulloa loan in January squad ) - > ???
(Goldson) - > ???

(Skalak) - > ???
(Baldock) - > ???

(2 Keepers ??? ???

Between 2 and 7 still needed.
Still need a real decent centre mid, someone to compete with Propper and stevens.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Still need a real decent centre mid, someone to compete with Propper and stevens.

Compete, yes, but we also need cover, I can't see how Propper / Stephens / Kayal will be able to cover 2 starting positions, plus the obligatory 67th minute sub for a whole season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Compete, yes, but we also need cover, I can't see how Propper / Stephens / Kayal will be able to cover 2 starting positions, plus the obligatory 67th minute sub for a whole season.

Quite. Nobody seems to have twigged that we don't have any cover for Gross either. Perhaps Propper could do it or we could move to a different formation, but that just makes more depth in CM all the more important.

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
Agreed. Must a real decent signing though, hopefully better than what we have just to push the other three harder.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Quite. Nobody seems to have twigged that we don't have any cover for Gross either. Perhaps Propper could do it or we could move to a different formation, but that just makes more depth in CM all the more important.

Baldock could also fill the Gross slot if needed, but l agree another signing to play up front would be very welcome. As l said earlier though, if past seasons are anything to go by, l wouldn't be at all surprised to see us start the season with what we already have.

Unless they specifically want to go, I can't see either Baldock or Hemed leaving the club, unless it is for serious money of course, as both signed contract extensions relatively recently.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

As things currently stand, these are one and the same problem / solution. ie Gross IS the cover for the three centre midfielders, just as Propper IS the cover for Gross' position.

Not sure exactly what style of player the recruitment team will be focused on, but it is pretty clear that one more body is required in the central midfield area.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As things currently stand, these are one and the same problem / solution. ie Gross IS the cover for the three centre midfielders, just as Propper IS the cover for Gross' position.

Not sure exactly what style of player the recruitment team will be focused on, but it is pretty clear that one more body is required in the central midfield area.

And heaven help us if we lost Gross and Propper at the same time with the current squad; at least we'd find out if the dynamic U23 midfield is up to it !

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Baldock could also fill the Gross slot if needed, but l agree another signing to play up front would be very welcome. As l said earlier though, if past seasons are anything to go by, l wouldn't be at all surprised to see us start the season with what we already have.

Unless they specifically want to go, I can't see either Baldock or Hemed leaving the club, unless it is for serious money of course, as both signed contract extensions relatively recently.

However with only 25 squad places up for grabs I feel the space will be very limited here and that spells the end for hemed and Probably Baldock..

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Window - Where we are - Saturday June 9th -

*new* James Chester (Aston Villa) - 29 year old Centre Back, Welsh international, HGP - That look for a CB goes on and on and on as the Goldson deal is finalised. The Telegraph were the first to link us with the Villa veteran on Thursday night and said we had made enquiries. But Brian Owen from the Argus yesterday struck a more cautious note . Although again a non denial denial from the Albion - The Telegraph hadn't said they'd made a bid - "Being advised that James Chester is not of interest to #bhafc. Of course things can change over a long summer. But that’s the latest. No bid made." - https://twitter.com/Brian__Owen/status/1005149291546017801

Liam Moore (Reading) - 25 year old, Centre Back, HGP, 17/18 Reading player of the year - Bit more interest in this chap though...Nothing on this for a few days...although Argus piece this morning confirms again that Albion "remain keen".
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...game_for_Albion_as_work_continues_on_Goldson/

or this

Ezri Konsa (Charlton)- 20 year old, Eng u20 international, Centre Back, HGP - Trail on this has gone quiet although , again, obviously linked to Goldson exit.

Looks like that "cluster strategy" from old is still in play. 3 similar priced CBs (we know about) on the go and the Goldson fee/value, although debated endlessly on here like the heat of the Three Bears porridge (too much!, about right! etc etc) is still not agreed.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...game_for_Albion_as_work_continues_on_Goldson/

David Button (Fulham) - 29 year old Goalkeeper, HGP - Unsurprisingly Albion are looking at keepers given that things aren't confirmed with Krul. But on that...Club issued their retained list yesterday and clarified where we are with the goalkeeping situation.
Krul - its "discussions" - "are still in discussions with goalkeeper Tim Krul and his agent over the possibility of extending his stay"
but with Maenpaa though - its "open negotiations " -"club will now open negotiations with Maenpaa regarding a new deal"
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/16277347.Albion_eye_goalkeeper_targets_to_push_Ryan/

Paddy McNair (Sunderland) - 23 year old Centre Back, NI international - Although The Sun were reporting (see yesterday's write up) we were on the "verge" of signing the lad on Thursday , then clearly that doesn't actually mean "on the verge of" or "soon" at all.

*new* Josh Murphy (Norwich) - 23 year old Winger, HGP - HITC, not the most reliable when it comes to this stuff, says we are "lining up [a] move. Palace and Leicester were also said to be "keeping tabs" on him a few weeks back. And so are Fulham and well pretty much everyone else according to the rather vague reports so far. First thing about any winger of course -Can he defend ? - Also perhaps first sign this summer that Albion are looking for another attacking option...
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/09/por-fulham-and-brighton-eye-norwich-ace-murphy/

What else ?
Rohan Ince is definitely leaving (but we knew that). A real shame as once he looked like he was on the cusp of being a real Lawrenson type maruading defender/mid/prospect. http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/162...departing_four_as_Albion_confirm_Ince_can_go/
Crawley Town , home to our u23s / Womans teams, are in a bit of a financial pickle. https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1005331373681504256

Incoming So far:
Leon Balogun (May 22) - German/Nigerian defender - free -
Florin Andone (May 25) - Romanian Striker - reported to be £5m

u23s
Joseph Tomlinson (May 25) - Ex Yeovil , 17 year old defender.

ZERO CHANCE OF SINGING ANYONE TODAY: Yes

Apologies if there has been a more recent where we are update but Ezri Konsa has signed for Brentford.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Apologies if there has been a more recent where we are update but Ezri Konsa has signed for Brentford.

Argus have the best current round up via
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...nor_Goldson_close_to_joining_Glasgow_Rangers/

TLDR. Albion still keen on Liam Moore, waiting for Sunderland to respond to their McNair bid, and are clearly looking for a striker - Tau is being tracked.
ie: A new CB, CM, a forward and probably a winger is on their shopping list, this summer. Preferably HGPs
And Baldock, Hemed, Skalak, Norwood will join Goldson in the opposite direction if they get decent offers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And heaven help us if we lost Gross and Propper at the same time with the current squad; at least we'd find out if the dynamic U23 midfield is up to it !

Losing both at once would be difficult, and would probably need a shift in formation - Stephens and Kayal in the middle, and Andone off Murray :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here