Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Think this is the nub. The club are ‘doing stuff’ and telling Naylor (presumably) they are making progress, but we’re all a) impatient b) not ITK and c) shitscared we’re not going to get anyone in. Combination of the three is causing sheet soaking at almost unprecedented levels.

We’re a long way down the food chain for strikers, so we wont be clear until the dominoes start toppling. God it’s frustrating!

I guess the strikers we're after now need to be comfortable playing Championship football next season #JustInCase

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Who is to say it wasn't and we are just waiting for the selling club to back fill the position? The simple answer is we just don't know, which is how the club want it as it avoids other problems like bigger clubs getting wind of our intentions and moving in our targets.

We are just going to have to be patient and stop assuming we know better than those employed by the club, guys who are experts in these matters and armed with all the facts.

Despite the problems we had in the summer, we still did pretty well in that window and I am sure we will again this.

Well, the Recruitment team failed to plug the single most ****ing obvious gap in our squad in the summer, and have ALEADY failed to plug that gap in a timely fashion this window... these are facts... end of argument... to be frank, why don't you stick your patience suggestion where the sun don't shine... your 'club can do no wrong' stance, really, really p1sses me off TBH... as I say, the majority of fans are NOT 'content'...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Well, the Recruitment team failed to plug the single most ****ing obvious gap in our squad in the summer, and have ALEADY failed to plug that gap in a timely fashion this window... these are facts... end of argument... to be frank, why don't you stick your patience suggestion where the sun don't shine... your 'club can do no wrong' stance, really, really p1sses me off TBH... as I say, the majority of fans are NOT 'content'...

:lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You know the thoughts of over 22K people? Amazing. I'm astonished you found the time to ask each and everyone of them.

I don't need to TB, just read this forum, you will get the idea very quickly..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You know the thoughts of over 22K people? Amazing. I'm astonished you found the time to ask each and everyone of them.

This is done in the same way that companies trot out the line in adverts 80% of people asked prefer brand A to brand B and it transpires that it is 80% of the 150 asked not the entire population of any given area. I think that he/she is working on a generalisation of attitudes he/she has heard expressed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

A few thousand on Nsc isn't the majority. We all want new players in, but try to discuss it sensibly, rather than using hyperbole all the time. It devalues your input.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Those discontented and angry shout the loudest. You know that.

If you are content and happy, there is no need to post that you are of that mindset. "Hi guys, just to let you know im fine with the situation"

However, those with a grievance, jump straight on the net and moan away. In no way is it a logical representation.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Having a bad day? :moo:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A few thousand on Nsc isn't the majority. We all want new players in, but try to discuss it sensibly, rather than using hyperbole all the time. It devalues your input.

What evidence do you have to the contrary then?
Just because you are in the 'our perfect club' school of sycophants, doesn't mean you are in the majority... you just clearly are NOT... live with it...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

What evidence does he have that a 'few thousand on NSC isn't the majority'

You've actually just asked that, haven't you?

Right.

To be a MAJORITY, you need OVER HALF. With me?

Over half of 22,000 is 11,001 or MORE

'a few thousand' is not 11,001 or more.

Hope that helps.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016

I think the club did plug the biggest gap in the summer with the signing of Pascal Gross. Still plenty of time to sign a striker. :albion2:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

A few thousand may not represent a majority, BUT it is a representative sample (statistically significant) IF we reflect the overall mix of Albion fans 'out there'.

So, any poll, as long as the take up is good, is at least a representative sample of fan feeling, as long as we're not 'different' from the whole population in some key way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps see the post before yours ..which personally i think fits

Not disputing that but my remark was in relation to the post that a few thousand on NSC is not the majority of BHA fans or represent their views. Like most I am frustrated yet again by the recruitment teams apparent failure but have come to accept that they are not very good at their job but it is not my money paying them. I am only a supporter so I do not count.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A few thousand may not represent a majority, BUT it is a representative sample (statistically significant) IF we reflect the overall mix of Albion fans 'out there'.

So, any poll, as long as the take up is good, is at least a representative sample of fan feeling, as long as we're not 'different' from the whole population in some key way.

I’m still to see this few thousand agree on much

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What evidence does he have that a 'few thousand on NSC isn't the majority'

You've actually just asked that, haven't you?

Right.

To be a MAJORITY, you need OVER HALF. With me?7

Over half of 22,000 is 11,001 or MORE

'a few thousand' is not 11,001 or more.

Hope that helps.

Did you not see the poll on “rate the transfer window so far”? I suggest that the vast majority of NSC are not happy with the way it has gone.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

But I would put myself in the camp of someone who, if a poll was started asking 'are you happy with how its going', couldn't be arsed to click it, even though my answer is yes.

That's because being content is not a strong emotion. It doesn't get you going.

However, if I was positively FUMING about the situation then I'd be clicking away on that poll to demonstrate my dissatisfaction.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just because you are in the 'our perfect club' school of sycophants, doesn't mean you are in the majority... you just clearly are NOT... live with it...

Why do you post using such aggressive words? I am not a sycophant, and I certainly don't think our club is perfect.

I am living with it, I don't have much choice. I'm certainly not going to kill myself over a football team.

Have a nice day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here