Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Given that Skalak played zero league games last season and barely made the bench, I don't see why that job cannot be done by Bjordal or Gyokeres for a transfer fee of £0.
Couldn't agree more - but will The Albion ever let youth team players anywhere near the first team (apart from cup games against third division opposition)?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Last season CH said no one was close to making 1st team....usually end up on loan elsewhere..

Well it’s rare but Jayson Molumby and Max Sanders were pretty close as one made the bench in 3 Premier league games at beginning of season and one was in the 18 v Man Utd in the Cup.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last season CH said no one was close to making 1st team....usually end up on loan elsewhere..

You wouldn't have thought it was so difficult to work out, would you?

The Albion is now one of 'those' teams.
We no longer get a couple of loanees each season that leave us fans thinking 'imagine if we could produce a player that good, and not be able to play him'.

Wigan fans must think we sneakily built a brick wall in our goal, as that's the only thing better than Walton.
In a sense they aren't far wrong.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would be nice to get 1 more in before the World Cup.

( and resolve the Goldson, Krul, and Maenpaa situations of course ).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
]Window - Where we are - Monday... -

Liam Moore (Reading) - 25 year old, Centre Back, HGP, 17/18 Reading player of the year - News over the weekend , not reported on by the Argus (Andy Naylor is on his holidays !) is that Albion have , via Sky sources, made a 2nd improved offer. Local Reading press on Sunday reported alarmingly "Royals want £15m for Moore"
http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/s..._Brighton_step_up_interest__club_sources_say/. Interestingly news this morning that veteran defender ; John O Shea is on his way to Reading. Some players do leave Sunderland. Talking of which...

Paddy McNair (Sunderland) - 23 year old NI international, ex Man Utd Midfield, Defender, HGP - Sky Sports reported late on Friday that we made an improved £3.5m offer that was rejected. Some Sunday paper reports (Express) saying Albion are prepared to go to £5m. McNair is on NI duty and in interviews on tour played a safe bat "“If I can get back to the Premier League, that would be great, but I just want to concentrate on these Northern Ireland games and look at that afterwards.”

*new* Ezri Konsa (Charlton)- 20 year old, Eng u20 international, Centre Back, HGP - He's back. Implausible rumours in Janiuary that we were close to a £8m deal. And now reports last night in the Mirror that we had joined Everton in the "chase" for the ever present L1 "whizzkid". https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-liverpool-12636402 (see 22.14 - Sunday update)

What else ?

Incoming So far:
Leon Balogun (May 22) - German/Nigerian defender - free - confirmed today in their World Cup 23.
Florin Andone (May 25) - Romanian Striker - reported to be £5m[

u23s
Joseph Tomlinson (May 25) - Ex Yeovil , 17 year old defender.

ZERO CHANCE OF SINGING ANYONE TODAY: (YES)

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Mirror onine live today

Brighton to let Baldock join Reading as they push for Moore
READING will hold talks with Sam Baldock this week as they weigh up a fresh Brighton bid for Liam Moore.

The Seagulls have made an improved offer for centre-back Moore, 25, after seeing their first rejected.

They are now willing to let striker Baldock move to Reading as part of the deal and offer cash on top to land Moore.

And Baldock, 29, is due to meet Royals boss Paul Clement this week to discuss a potential switch to the Madejski Stadium.

He has been pushed further down the Brighton pecking order by the January arrival of Jurgen Locadia and last month’s capture of Florin Andone.

Chris Hughton has already added Nigerian defender Leon Balogun to his ranks this summer on a free transfer from Mainz.

But he wants to bolster his defensive options by snapping up Moore too.

Moore was an ever-present for Reading last season, voted their player-of-the-year and was a rare plus in a season of struggle for the Royals.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Mirror onine live today

Brighton to let Baldock join Reading as they push for Moore
READING will hold talks with Sam Baldock this week as they weigh up a fresh Brighton bid for Liam Moore.

The Seagulls have made an improved offer for centre-back Moore, 25, after seeing their first rejected.

They are now willing to let striker Baldock move to Reading as part of the deal and offer cash on top to land Moore.

And Baldock, 29, is due to meet Royals boss Paul Clement this week to discuss a potential switch to the Madejski Stadium.

He has been pushed further down the Brighton pecking order by the January arrival of Jurgen Locadia and last month’s capture of Florin Andone.

Chris Hughton has already added Nigerian defender Leon Balogun to his ranks this summer on a free transfer from Mainz.

But he wants to bolster his defensive options by snapping up Moore too.

Moore was an ever-present for Reading last season, voted their player-of-the-year and was a rare plus in a season of struggle for the Royals.

Yep. Its ticking over. PS: source for this is The Mirror - Transfer Live -10.03
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-liverpool-12636402

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
John O'Shea moving to Reading, so perhaps they are preparing for the imminent departure of Moore. It looks increasingly like our wheeling and dealing this summer might involve trading in Baldock and Goldson to bring in replacements (at least, that's certainly the way rumours are heading). Bit of a shame that (to me, anyway) - I'd have quite liked to see Baldock as our no.4 striker, and Goldson as no.3 or 4 CB (or out on loan to a Championship club) - but hey, what do I know* about what we need for next season?

* Compared to the recruiting team and CH obviously, the answer is F... all!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
John O'Shea moving to Reading, so perhaps they are preparing for the imminent departure of Moore. It looks increasingly like our wheeling and dealing this summer might involve trading in Baldock and Goldson to bring in replacements (at least, that's certainly the way rumours are heading). Bit of a shame that (to me, anyway) - I'd have quite liked to see Baldock as our no.4 striker, and Goldson as no.3 or 4 CB (or out on loan to a Championship club) - but hey, what do I know* about what we need for next season?

I suppose its about upgrades and tinkering to refine and adapt to PL. Mcnair also fits into this HG alterations too....Id imagine another Central Midfielder and winger will come from abroad..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Hmmm I really cant see Baldock and Goldson wanting to stay on as number 4 striker, and number 3 central defender though. They both need to playing games and trying to cement themselves into the side.

More and more, in the case of Goldson, l'm beginning to think that Chris Hughton wouldn't be too upset to see him go, for reasons hitherto unknown.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More and more, in the case of Goldson, l'm beginning to think that Chris Hughton wouldn't be too upset to see him go, for reasons hitherto unknown.
What more would Dunk & Duffy have to do in order to prove their place in the team?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hmmm I really cant see Baldock and Goldson wanting to stay on as number 4 striker, and number 3 central defender though. They both need to playing games and trying to cement themselves into the side.

I am sure Hughton would love Goldson to stay, but knows he is desperate for first team football and wont hold him back.

Squads have to evolve and improve over time. Kayal is another I can see this happening too, like Goldson, Baldcock and Hemed, sad but things move on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that D&D managed a whole season without mutiple absences through injury or suspension, is a minor miracle, esp the way the team plays.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Window - Where we are - Tuesday... -

Liam Moore (Reading) - 25 year old, Centre Back, HGP, 17/18 Reading player of the year - Mirror oddly going with a story in their live transfer blog this morning (at er, 04.33) that Albion will have to pay up to £15m (yes, we know. Reading have said this publicly a few days ago.) and have had 2 bids rejected (not according to the Argus reporting yesterday), and are "determined to land Moore" (this is probably true i guess).

Paddy McNair (Sunderland) - 23 year old NI international, ex Man Utd Midfield, Defender, HGP -The chase goes on. Argus insist no further bids in their reporting from yesterday although have long since confirmed interest, but the Northern Echo go further this morning backing up Express reports at weekend that Albion "will table a £5m offer" and that its "imminent" . http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...___5m_offer_for_Sunderland_midfielder_McNair/

*new* Ezri Konsa (Charlton)- 20 year old, Eng u20 international, Centre Back, HGP - He's back. Implausible rumours in Janiuary that we were close to a £8m deal. And now reports on Sunday in the Mirror that we had joined Everton in the "chase" for the ever present L1 "whizzkid". https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-arsenal-liverpool-12636402 (see 22.14 - Sunday update)

What else ?
Hemed and Baldock. Club are "braced" for bids for their "out of favour frontmet' this summer report The Argus. But reporter Brian Owen insists that although club expect "considerable Championship interest", as yet, nothing doing. Despite the Baldock / Liam Moore swap chat over the weekend
https://twitter.com/Brian__Owen/status/1003895731302862848

Some curious reporting about the PSG 17 year old; Moussa Sissako. Sources firmly denied in Argus reporting at the time but apparently he's in "last ditch talks" to stay at PSG or he's heading to the club thats so Southern its almost French.

Incoming So far:
Leon Balogun (May 22) - German/Nigerian defender - free -
Florin Andone (May 25) - Romanian Striker - reported to be £5m

u23s
Joseph Tomlinson (May 25) - Ex Yeovil , 17 year old defender.

ZERO CHANCE OF SINGING ANYONE TODAY: Probably)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here