Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I’m taking “not at this moment” to mean later today.

CH on window incomings: "Not at this moment. It's not an easy window. In the Premier League not a lot of business has been done. I am sure there will be." #bhafc

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Does somebody need a cuddle?

The vast majority of fans are more than content, we remember where we came from and how bad things can get. What we have now is more than we could of dreamed of 20 years ago. So what if we don't get sign everyone we go after? If that's what you want in a football club then I am sure Real Madrid would be more to your liking.

Jog on mi amigo.

The majority of our current fans do not remember where we came from. I am one who remembers where we came from and I disagree that we have to skew our opinions and tediously peddle this one out on obvious failings because of it.

As I said previously, it may not prove to be a failure yet but there's little doubting that our transfer business has not exactly been going to plan since the Summer.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Not really.

The pissed off are probably more likely to vote
Certain users are excluded from voting (tapatalk for example)
Representative of fans in general or NSC members ?
How many non-fans (Palace trolls ?) voted ?
Window isn’t closed yet so many will be waiting to judge the outcome (accepting poll is ‘so far’ though so asking for a judgement now). Probably in part explains the low voting numbers

I think you're clutching at straws.

Did you not see the poll on “rate the transfer window so far”? I suggest that the vast majority of NSC are not happy with the way it has gone.

I don't think any supporter is happy with way the transfer window has gone, including TB and CH.

Whose fault that is - if it's anybody's fault - is a completely different question, the answer to which is only known by four people.

Certainly not anybody on here or anyone who voted on that or any other poll.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does somebody need a cuddle?

The vast majority of fans are more than content
, we remember where we came from and how bad things can get. What we have now is more than we could of dreamed of 20 years ago. So what if we don't get sign everyone we go after? If that's what you want in a football club then I am sure Real Madrid would be more to your liking.

Jog on mi amigo.

That is not a proven fact any more than somebody else posting the vast majority of fans are not happy with the window and how it has gone.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Nothing happening any time soon.

Speaking at the pre-match press conference for the Seagulls' match with Chelsea on Saturday, Hughton was asked if the club were close to bringing any players in and said: "No. But I'm quite sure even if there was anything, the correct way to do any business is to only announce anything when it's done.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Nothing happening any time soon.

Speaking at the pre-match press conference for the Seagulls' match with Chelsea on Saturday, Hughton was asked if the club were close to bringing any players in and said: "No. But I'm quite sure even if there was anything, the correct way to do any business is to only announce anything when it's done.

That doesn’t mean nothing happening any time soon, just means it will not be announced before it is done. Could be an announcement today, but probably not until 31st if I’m honest with myself.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Just one example of the January window. Sanchez is moving. Everyone knows he is moving and you would think it would all have been thrashed out by January 1st, but no, he still hasn't moved yet.

I realise this is nothing to do with Brighton, before some wise guy says so, but it is an example of slowness of a transfer window.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just one example of the January window. Sanchez is moving. Everyone knows he is moving and you would think it would all have been thrashed out by January 1st, but no, he still hasn't moved yet.

I realise this is nothing to do with Brighton, before some wise guy says so, but it is an example of slowness of a transfer window.

City not willing to pay what Arsenal wanted, Arsenal not wanting to let him go but within a few hours of City pulling out United came in for him. I'd say it's happening quite fast from a United standpoint. I imagine he'll sign before our 9 month hunt reaches a conclusion or not.... :smile:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
City not willing to pay what Arsenal wanted, Arsenal not wanting to let him go but within a few hours of City pulling out United came in for him. I'd say it's happening quite fast from a United standpoint. I imagine he'll sign before our 9 month hunt reaches a conclusion or not.... :smile:

Maybe, maybe not. It's still taking 18 days so far.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe, maybe not. It's still taking 18 days so far.

No it's not, it's taken two since United threw their hat in the ring. City pulled out only the day before yesterday. I certainly wasn't aware Sanchez was moving on January 1st.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No it's not, it's taken two since United threw their hat in the ring. City pulled out only the day before yesterday.

There's a world of difference between the possibility of playing for Brighton v either Manchester club. We don't quite have the same pulling power.

At times like this you NEED someone like Gus to passionately sell the dream.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There's a world of difference between the possibility of playing for Brighton v either Manchester club. We don't quite have the same pulling power.

So now you are saying that it all comes down to CH being a DULLARD? :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Gus sent useless Murray on his bike and sold the dream to CMS. Whatever happened to the career of Murray after that?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gus sent useless Murray on his bike and sold the dream to CMS. Whatever happened to the career of Murray after that?

Vicente and Bridge moves the seesaw back to Gus though. I was open mouthed when they signed for us. Gus was brilliant at selling the club and remember he also signed Bruno.

We have made some great signings since but none come close in terms of "wow, are these really Brighton players?" when they signed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here