Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Suppose we have identified a striker and he is interested in joining us. The only snag is the asking price. His parent club is on the trail of a £50 million import but until that deal gets over the line they are reluctant to sell.

So what do we do? Keep bidding hoping that if we throw enough cash at them, then they will eventually cash in. Or do we wait knowing that when they finally get their marquee signing done, we can nab our target for a lowball fee because he doesn't it into their 25 man squad.

Why not wait and pay £10 million on deadline day, rather than £15 million now? Looking at our first 3 fixtures, is an immediate signing really going to be worth paying an extra £5 million?

Even if we signed Neymar, Man city would still be odds on favourites to beat us. The other two matches are away to Leicester and Watford, both of which we could nick a draw against with our current squad.

Win at home, draw away against all team outside of last seasons top 6 and we will be comfortably mid table.

The important date is Saturday 9th September at home to West Brom, that is when Chris has to have his ideal squad including a few good value new signings.

I get what you are saying and understand the possibility. But let's be honest if that is the current plan than it's a big gamble and surely it means we have missed out on our targets on the cluster type policy we supposedly operate. After all you surely don't go from Abraham and Delaney for example to hoping for things to go our way.
That's why this policy if if is the policy concerns me.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
There's been a singing for the women
9fcdd8598f9fa00c76c50ec7f5e704e7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I get what you are saying and understand the possibility. But let's be honest if that is the current plan than it's a big gamble and surely it means we have missed out on our targets on the cluster type policy we supposedly operate. After all you surely don't go from Abraham and Delaney for example to hoping for things to go our way.

Abraham chose Swansea so we chose Brown.

Delaney may or may not have been ruled out.

Any other targets are unknown, but the scenario I described above doesn't mean we have abandoned a cluster policy. It's just a way for those stamping thier feet demanding immediate signings to understand why we may have to wait until the end of the transfer window.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

We should also learn from last season, when our August 4th target Pritchard was on his way to sign, then went to Norwich and we never had time to get anyone else in to fill that position.
Although we did make a good striker signing at the start of that season on July 3rd in Glen Murray.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Way back in the depths of page 141, I wondered if there were any actual completed deals that the Albion have potentially missed out on.

I've got another to add to the bulging list that currently contains:-

Jay Rodriguez

Sandro Ramirez now at Everton.

Sure the Albion can't quite compete with Everton, just yet, but it can compete with Sandro's £5.2m buy out clause.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8051212 said:
Sings!

[tweet]893531732569403392[/tweet]

It would seem this is the only Premier League transfer, today, and the second Premier League transfer this month.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Do the poster complaining about activity actually think that TB, PB & CH are just sitting on their hands not trying to strengthen the squad? I'm quite intrigued to know how, in your minds, transfer's work?

We have this every transfer windows and TB pulls it out the bag.

Maybe read back over the thread and you will see its the same people that are moaning every window and bringing the negativity (not concern) to the thread, it makes you think is this how they react in the real world when they don't get what they want or things don't go their way?

You mention tony bloom pulls it out of the bag ,well a couple of seasons ago he said judge me after the window closes that season we finished 5th from bottom I think so not always the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You mention tony bloom pulls it out of the bag ,well a couple of seasons ago he said judge me after the window closes that season we finished 5th from bottom I think so not always the case

THAT is what worries me.

3 seasons ago we had a terrible transfer summer. Ulloa leaving; O'Grady, Holla etc. signed.

I hope we don't see too many parallels when we look back after Aug 31st.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Fair play, i will concede there. Once, out of how many transfer windows? I think Mr Hyypia had something to do with where we finished that season, if it wasn't for CH we were down. Since Hughton as been at the Helm and Mr Burke sacked, i don't think you can deny that, to-date, our Transfer business has been sound.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

I don't think Tony Bloom decided to have Joe Bennett and Bruno as our only threats out wide, or to have a midfield of JFC and Gary Gardner as our central midfield pairing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here