Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Whoever we sign it needs to be improving the starting 11.
Although I understand its a squad game, but by grabbing a few genuine starting 11 players it improves the squad anyway

A centre Mid and Centre Forward being the main 2

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Shit - no.

So, we have to recruit 3 of the 8 as HGP.

Yeah there was something about him playing in the US as a kid, or something.

Regardless, still gives us a bit of wiggle room when recruiting those 5 relegated German uberstars!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Taking out the players out of contract we have the following squad:

Red = Out of contract
Amber = In contract but likely to leave

1 Ryan
2 Bruno
3 Bong
4 ------------------------------->Hunemeier
5 Dunk (HGP)
6 Stephens (HGP)
7 Kayal
8 ------------------------------->Skalak
9 ------------------------------->Baldock (HGP)
10 ------------------------------->Hemed
11 Knockaert
12 ------------------------------->-----------> Maenpaa
13 Groß
14 ------------------------------->Sidwell
15 Not Used
16 ------------------------------->Ulloa
17 Murray
18 Goldson (HGP)
19 Iquierdo
20 March (HGP)
21 Schelotto
22 Duffy
23 ------------------------------->Rosenior
24 Davy Propper
25 Jurgen Locadia
26 ------------------------------->-----------> Krul (HGP)
29 Suttner
38 Mateju (U23)

If all the red and amber players leave we'll have 17 players (assume Mateju leaves the squad). We'll have 8 (Eight) slots to fill. However, only 5 of those can be Non-HGP, as we can't exceed 18.

Where we need to strengthen are:

GK - 1 (we are losing Maenpaa, Krul) - chances are we may re-sign Krul, who is a HGP. Do we need a 3rd choice experienced keeper?
Defence - 2 (losing Rosenior, Hunemeier) Need a replacement for Uwe and then cover for either Bruno / Schelotto or Bong / Suttner.
Midfield - 3 (losing Skalak, Sidwell) for me the key THIS window is to get perhaps 2 strong midfielders plus a better winger.
Attack - 2 (losing Baldock, Hemed, Ulloa) - Need an upgrade on Murray in the same style and perhaps a backup for Locadia. Will depend on the formation we play. Could an U23 cover this?

Without wanting to be too difficult, all three of your oranges are actually out of contract this summer. I'd keep Krul. Would love to keep Hunemeier too, but he deserves more than occasional bench-warming.
I'm re-considering my view on Walton. Previously, I thought he should go out on a season-long loan to a Championship club. Given I've recently been informed on NSC that Ryan will be away at a tournament for a month, that might give Walton a chance to bed down some PL experience.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Without wanting to be too difficult, all three of your oranges are actually out of contract this summer. I'd keep Krul. Would love to keep Hunemeier too, but he deserves more than occasional bench-warming.
I'm re-considering my view on Walton. Previously, I thought he should go out on a season-long loan to a Championship club. Given I've recently been informed on NSC that Ryan will be away at a tournament for a month, that might give Walton a chance to bed down some PL experience.

In my haste I've got the key the wrong way round.

Red = In contract, but likely to leave
Amber = Out of contract

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
What about Richie Towell and Ollie Norwood? Will they be at the club next season? Both have another season to run on their contracts.
I would imagine at least one of those two could be sold in the summer. Norwood is not considered Premier League quality and Towell wasn’t even utilised in the Championship, so I doubt we’ll see either in a Premier League squad next season.
If both were sold/moved on and Sidwell’s contract was not renewed it would leave us VERY short in the centre of midfield.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannort see any of the player OOC being offered a new contract. The most likely are Hunemier as 4th/5th choice and unlikely to accept it and likely to return to his family in Germany and probable a first team place somewhere. Krul or Maenpaa as No 3 goalkeeper but again I do not think Krul would accept it as he wants 1st team football which he would get in The Championship. Maenpaa may be happy to be No 3 again.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I cannort see any of the player OOC being offered a new contract. The most likely are Hunemier as 4th/5th choice and unlikely to accept it Krul or Maenpaa as No 3 goalkeeper but again I do not think Krul would accept it as he wants 1st team football which he would get in The Championship. Maenpaa may be happy to be No 3 again.

:drink: :moo:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Red = Out of contract

1 Ryan
2 Bruno
3 Bong
5 Dunk (HGP)
6 Stephens (HGP)
7 Kayal
11 Knockaert
12 ------------------------------->-----------> Maenpaa
13 Groß
14 ------------------------------->Sidwell
15 Not Used
16 ------------------------------->Ulloa
17 Murray
18 Goldson (HGP)
19 Iquierdo
20 March (HGP)
21 Schelotto
22 Duffy
23 ------------------------------->Rosenior
24 Davy Propper
25 Jurgen Locadia
26 ------------------------------->-----------> Krul (HGP)
29 Suttner
38 Mateju (U23)

If all the red and amber players leave we'll have 17 players (assume Mateju leaves the squad). We'll have 8 (Eight) slots to fill. However, only 5 of those can be Non-HGP, as we can't exceed 18.

Where we need to strengthen are:

GK - 1 (we are losing Maenpaa, Krul) - chances are we may re-sign Krul, who is a HGP. Do we need a 3rd choice experienced keeper?
Defence - 2 (losing Rosenior, Hunemeier) Need a replacement for Uwe and then cover for either Bruno / Schelotto or Bong / Suttner.
Midfield - 3 (losing Skalak, Sidwell) for me the key THIS window is to get perhaps 2 strong midfielders plus a better winger.
Attack - 2 (losing Baldock, Hemed, Ulloa) - Need an upgrade on Murray in the same style and perhaps a backup for Locadia. Will depend on the formation we play. Could an U23 cover this?
Huenemeier going. I'm optimistic Maenpaa and Krul will stay.

Sidwell and Rosenior could well be gone.

After that I expect Hemed and Skalak to be sold, and Baldock to be loaned out.

Meaning....

2 defenders, a central midfielder, an attacking midfielder, a winger and a striker needed.

Bjordal could be the winger.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I hope we keep Ulloa, I think he's done ok in his brief appearances and he has got more to offer. Would feature more next season bearing in mind Murray's age. He clearly cares about the club a lot too and wouldn't cost a lot.

I imagine Hemed and Baldock will go so a strike force of Murray, Ulloa, Locadia and Adone, with the latter two offering the flexibility Hughton talks about, would make a lot of sense.
In that scenario, I think I'd take Baldock over Ulloa - he's signed to us until 2020 anyway, hasn't really been tested at PL level yet - and like others, he might make the step up. Plus he is an HGP.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Red = Out of contract

1 Ryan
2 Bruno
3 Bong
5 Dunk (HGP)
6 Stephens (HGP)
7 Kayal
11 Knockaer?

Baldock has two years left on his contract.

http://www.northstandchat.com/conte...17-18-(Updated-per-February-PL-Squad-Listing)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In that scenario, I think I'd take Baldock over Ulloa - he's signed to us until 2020 anyway, hasn't really been tested at PL level yet - and like others, he might make the step up. Plus he is an HGP.

Blimey that's pretty damning on Leo.
You know you've not impressed when people would rather keep an imaginary player.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ulloa would be a complete waste of money. May as well keep hemed.

I think ulloa would struggle at championship level these days

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Blimey that's pretty damning on Leo.
You know you've not impressed when people would rather keep an imaginary player.
Not really. Leo would still cost quite a lot to buy, so, especially being an HGP, Baldock represents better VFM - in my opinion of course. Nothing against Leo, but if we are going to go out and pay a lot of money for a striker (which I believe we will still need to do), then another £4 - 5M or so for Leo would probably be over-budget.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I’d be shocked if Ulloa was still with us next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Maybe I'm a little too enthusiastic..

That means domestic transfers can be completed from midnight on May 17, but transfers from abroad can only be finalised once the FIFA Transfer Matching System (TMS) opens at midnight on June 8.

So, we'll have to wait (on the assumption we're mainly looking abroad)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here