Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Prepare for relegation then. We won't have anymore than 4 strikers. The only way we sign another two is if we sell Hemed. Baldock just been given a new contract and Murray signed on the basis we would be playing PL football this year. 5 strikers a waste of budget in a team that will be playing 4-4-1-1.

In which case we need to loan out or sell Hemed. We need a couple more strikers.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
In which case we need to loan out or sell Hemed. We need a couple more strikers.

And strikers with Premier League pedigree. Nothing less is good enough if we are to survive this season. You can only get so far with a good team spirit.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Compared with where we were a few years ago, im quite happy. Even if we dont survive this season, and we go down, theres parachute payments, and the club could have paid Tony back some wedge for the fantastic infrastructure we now have, thanks to him. I think the futures quite bright really. Im patient.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
And strikers with Premier League pedigree. Nothing less is good enough if we are to survive this season. You can only get so far with a good team spirit.

Explain Bournemouth and Burnley to me then...

Callum Wilson, Josh King, Benik Afobe, Sam Vokes, Andre Gray, Ashley Barnes etc. Not much Premier League pedigree there, but plenty of team spirit.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Explain Bournemouth and Burnley to me then...

Callum Wilson, Josh King, Benik Afobe, Sam Vokes, Andre Gray, Ashley Barnes etc. Not much Premier League pedigree there, but plenty of team spirit.

All those strikers are superior to ours in my view in terms of their proven ability to play in the Premier League.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
All those strikers are superior to ours in my view in terms of their proven ability to play in the Premier League.

Agree

Maybe Barnes similar level and not exactly been prolific.

Need a big big step up in quality or will do a Boro without doubt

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

But they've only proven their ability by playing there, if that makes sense. When Burnley got promoted, and when Bournemouth signed Wilson, King, Afobe, they didn't have any Premier League pedigree. They were Championship players. You're now saying they have proven pedigree, because they've stepped up and played there for a couple of seasons.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Terminology

Desperate to sign a LEFT BACK Vacant
Very Keen to sign a SECOND STRIKER Vacant

Interested to sign a CENTRAL DEFENDER Goldson
Very Interested to sign a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER (Left-sided) Norwood

Looking at PACY STRIKER/WINGER Lualua
Looking at BOX 2 BOX MIDFIELDER Ince
Looking at THIRD KEEPER Walton
Looking at ATTACKING MIDFIELDER/CORNER TAKER Skalák

that's 26 players, one over the 25

Looking at UNDER 21 PLAYERS

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
To my mind, left backs are difficult and in short supply

Easy to get ripped off searching for an in demand £15 million striker.

Goldson is out of match practice.
Lualua is out of match practice.
Walton could be recalled in emergency
Ince is out of match practice.
Skalák is problematical on standard required as are the other reserves.
Norwood is problematical on standard required as are the other reserves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Today's Argus makes quite depressing reading...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dont panic....I am sure we are in safe hands!

No panic, it's just every transfer window seems to be difficult. I kind of hoped that this one would be different. Not complaining or panicking just saying today's Argus is less that inspiring to read.

Maybe we just need another signing. I cannot get excited about next season just yet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here